ninth flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter nine;

 

 

 

Wendy is tossing and turning in her bed, isn't getting any sleep. Her mind is wandering around the flight attendant- not like she can think of anything else nowadays. It's just impossible to get her out of her mind, like she is burned into it. It starts to become a serious problem- Yerim would call it obsession of the finest, but Wendy would wave her off with flushed cheeks.

 

She thinks back at the awkwardness lingering around them when they bit farewell to each other. Wendy had to notice that Irene looked like she was about to say something to her but she didn't after all, then the singer could feel her stare on the little of her back as she left Irene's place and she smiled unconsciously because of it.  The flight attendant can be seriously cute if she wants- which is quite rare. It's so refreshing to Wendy after all the fox-like girls she had to deal with.

 

Bell ringing knocks the stewardess' picture out of her head.  Someone is waiting for her to let them in. It's so damn early in the morning- who wants to bother her already? She's about to let it when an image pops up in her mind.

 

It can be Irene.

 

Maybe she's out there, waiting nervously to Wendy to get her out. Maybe when the singer opens the door, she'll jump at her and kiss her. Maybe she'll scold her to be so slow like a snail but she'll be smiling though like always. Maybe she's here to admit that she's in love with her. Maybe Wendy way too into her daydreams and it begins to be unhealthy in a certain point. One thing is sure, Wendy has to stand up and go to open the door.

 

She drags herself out of the warm and cozy bed- which still has Irene's fragrance on it- and rushes to the mirror to check on herself. She can't look like she's sleep deprived, she must look like who got her beauty sleep and amazingly fresh in the morning. But the circles under her eyes must bust her so she puts on some makeup, just to be sure she looks good.  She checks her once again, adjusting some stray locks into her ponytail- she can't let herself look bad in front of her crush, after all- then she opens the door, only to reveal a widely smiling Joy.

 

What the fresh hell.

 

"My Wendy-boo! Did you miss me?" Joy throws her packages down and jumps on the singer. She might be younger than the other but she's surely taller by a few inches so the hug looks quite comical from an outsider's point of view. Wendy just stares at the thin air, trying to deny the whole situation to herself.

 

"It's just a nightmare." She shakes her head. It must be one. Joy is one of the few people she actually likes but only when there's a whole ocean between them. But now, when she expected Irene to be there with an answer, Wendy can't work it up.

 

"Yes! It was a nightmare not seeing you for such a long time!"

 

"What are you doing here?" Wendy asks curtly as she gets out of the embrace with some difficulty and turns around to walk into her apartment. She knows she doesn't have to invite her manager inside because she'll come even if she says no. It's just how Joy works. This is why they get along well- they are so alike.

 

"I heard from Yerim that I made you and the love of your life some problem with my call. I've never thought you would cry over a girl. Wendy, you're changing." Joy states nonchalantly as she drops her packages and follows the woman in. As she walks behind the singer, she can see her ears turning into a deep shade of red.

 

"I didn't cry!" The singer yells. She might hiccupped a few through the phone and maybe one or to tears rolled down on her cheeks but all of it were just because she was so tired and emotionally deprived. At least she says so.

 

"Of course not! I'm here to make up every misunderstanding and prevent my Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter