eighth flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8;

 

 

Wendy stares at the entrance door where Irene left, with a stoic expression. She knew it. She knew that the stewardess would leave her if she lets herself open up to her. She's not the badass, unreachable pop sensation- she's just the girl next-door type who's everything but those things. Totally ordinary and nothing special.

 

She let her guards down way too quickly. She was stupid to do so. She should've been more careful. She let her emotions catch up on her and here she is, in the verge of tears because the flight attendant left her without a reason. Or a reason still unknown for her. Was Wendy too obvious and Irene became disgusted by her feelings? Or did she find something not so appealing in her room?

 

It's never happened like this. This is her first time feeling like this. She was always the one who walked away, leaving mess after herself without even caring. She can't compare her old self and Irene's move because the woman is nothing like Wendy herself and she cares a lot- but she still left her behind.

 

Well, what goes around, comes around- isn't this what they say? Karma is playing its' tricks on the singer.

 

It's kind of funny after Irene brought up a lot that she might be her fate.

 

It's just a big, fat lie.

 

Wendy tries to think what could make Irene so mad at her suddenly. When she left her in the bedroom, she was smiling and was happily eating her breakfast. So it can't be that the singer hurt her because they weren't in the same room, plus she tried to be as nice as she could press out of herself. She was about to pour some water when her phone rang. She tried to shake off Joy as quickly as she could so the singer could have gone back to Irene.

 

Thinking back at Joy, she with the stewardess and Wendy became pretty angry at her. She was whining how Wendy stopped to love her because of the flight attendant and how her heart was breaking because of it. The singer had to be rude to her manager- she'll have to apologize later because Joy tends to help her out whenever Wendy makes Yerim angry- just to make her stop.

 

After that, she walked into her bedroom, finding the stewardess packing her thing then leaving quickly.

 

At least, Wendy can be sure her ankle injury isn't something serious.

 

 

 

Wendy sighs as she lazing around her bed. She has been right- Irene left her fragrance in her pillow. What a heavenly scent!  She wouldn't mind to endure a little more of the flight attendant's horrible personality just to be able to smell this fragrance. But she has no idea how she could make it up for Irene when she doesn't even know when they'll meet again. The singer doesn't have to go to Canada for a while- she has to practice here, in Korea for almost a half month- and even if she goes there, nothing guarantee that Irene will be on the plane.

 

Why is this thing so hard? It's nothing like those sappy, cheesy romantic movies or books- why do people even want to fall in love in first place? It's such a trouble. If she could, she would get rid of it.

 

But she can't and there she is, being a miserably human being because of a rude stewardess is angry at her because of whatever reason.

 

It's so unbelievable, even for herself.

 

She was always someone who laughed at couples because who wants to be with only one person for their whole life? How lame is it? Not being able to experience new things with new people, can't go around kissing beautiful strangers, can't have someone new always beside her in the bed. Being a couple sounds so boring- and now this is what she wants. She's must got so much older.

 

But why she had to chose someone who stomped on her phone, her heart, even herself?

 

"Joohyun, you ing . You do this to me after I carried you fat home?" Wendy whines as she turns and tosses in the bed, covering herself the same blanket Irene did and closes her eyes. She decides to sleep a bit- she didn't have any bit of sleep last night, she was too busy admiring the sleeping face of the flight attendant- because with a tired brain, she can't find out how to make up everything.

 

She slowly falls asleep when she hears a phone buzzing under the covers.

 

"If it's Joy, I'll fire her." Wendy grumps as she fishes the phone out. She picks up with closed eyes as she whines out. "What?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter