fourteenth flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14;

 

 

"Oh my God, SeungWan! Stop worrying!" The black haired stewardess begs, walking in circles as she keeps peeking out of the door. She's afraid getting caught by her boss, as Tiffany searches for her and Irene hopes she won't catch her here in the staff toilet talking with her girlfriend when she should be busily preparing for the next flight. Wendy keeps begging her to stay home still things go smooth because after all, she doesn't have to earn money when there she is who has billions of won on her bank account- let's just say Irene doesn't find the idea very appealing.

 

"How could I when you are there and I am here? I'm alone and lonely and my girlfriend doesn't want to come home to me." Wendy fake sobs and Irene has to hold back her chuckle because how adorable she can be? Of course, Wendy doesn't have to know that she thinks she's cute. She would act on it and Irene isn't sure if her little heart could bear it.

 

"I still have memories a Seungwan who was desperately trying to preserve her cool attitude. What's happened to her?" Irene can't step herself from giggling as there's a long pause on the other side of the phone.

 

"Shut up." The singer roars out, immediately snapping out of her sickeningly sweet act but she soon covers it up like nothing happened. "Plus, I'm afraid you gets into trouble. As far as I experienced, you're not a really peaceful person."

 

"You just fail to see that I am one. I put up with your daily time." Irene doesn't know why she picks on her girlfriend so often. It's just fun making the lovesick puppy angry at her- for a minimal time, of course. It doesn't take long to Wendy to melt up. Usually it takes a peck on her lips.

 

The flight attendant swears she heard Wendy cursing about how can she like a woman like her but it's a question she is used to hear already and she won't complain about it as far as Wendy doesn't find an answer.

 

Irene sighs and smiles.

 

"I won't get into trouble." The black haired girl says in a soothing tone so the singer would calm down a bit. She has enough things to be worried about, Irene doesn't want to burden her with more. For a moment, there's silence in the other side of the line and she thinks Wendy hung it up.

 

"You promise?" Wendy's voice is quiet and insecure, nothing like the cocky and sassy woman Irene's met for the first time- and she just adores the change in her. It means they are going forward, the blossoming relation between them deepens bit by bit each day spent together.

 

"I promise."

 

Irene is about to tease Wendy a bit more so she can lighten up her mood when she hears high heels clicking their way towards the toilet. Panic rises in , knowing well that it'll be her boss. Tiffany must have been searching for her since a while and she's not that kind of woman you want to make waiting. Irene's grip on the phone tightens.

 

"Seungwan, I have to go now." She whispers urgently into to phone, hurrying into one of the stalls.

 

"What? Why?" The singer panics but she immediately says after she doesn't get an answer. "Call me later, Joohyun!"

 

"I will."

 

She hangs up without a farewell because the door of the toilet opens. In the same time, Irene steps out of her hiding place, pretending like nothing had happened and she hadn't spent the last half an hour talking with her girlfriend during her working hours. For her biggest surprise, she isn't facing with her fuming boss but the concerned face of her best friend, Seulgi.

 

"Irene! I was searching for you!" She says quickly, her voice raising as does so. She walks to the elder and starts to pull her by her elbow. "I mean, Tiffany is searching for you!"

 

"Am I in trouble?" The color drains from her cheeks, thinking of how her angry boss will be making her next few day hellish. She doesn't know how can someone so fluffy and squishy looking like Tiffany be so demanding in the same time. Like one moment she gives you cookies but in the next, she's kicking your . There's no in between.

 

Wait.

 

Wendy is the same.

 

Are they related?

 

"You are." Seulgi nods and breaks Irene's train of thoughts.

 

The smaller flight attendant sighs deeply, thinking how this is all unfair because she just had to promise Wendy she wouldn't get into trouble- in the very same moment when she was sitting in trouble.

 

It seems like she's bad at making promises.

 

 

*

 

 

 

Tiffany is smiling widely at her. Smiling. Widely. At her. She swears the last time it happened was when she joined the company- then everything went downhill. As they stepped into the office and her boss laid her eyes on her, she feels like there's something weird going on.

 

The hell if she knows what's going on.

 

"Irene! I'm so happy to see you!" Tiffany beams, her curly black hair bouncing with her as she walks closer to the dumbstruck stewardess. She wears the same pale pink costume as them, yet it's clear she's in a higher rank. It just shows off her, the atmosphere she carries around. This aura always makes Irene uncomfortable.

 

Irene and Seulgi change a look between them, truly having no clue what is with the sudden change of attitude.

 

"Good morning, Tiffany!" The elder bows a bit, out of courtesy. Truth to be told, she's a bit nervous to be kicked out. She loves her work, it might be a little lonely- not anymore since she has Wendy by her side, waiting for her to return to home- but she loves working with people, plus she loves flying. She really hopes she won't get fired.

 

"Why didn't you say that Wendy Son is your girlfriend?" She squalls and takes Irene's hands into hers. Her eyes shine up- she's really a gorgeous woman if you count down her behavior.

 

She really has to ask Wendy if they are related.

 

"Erm..." The stewardess d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter