Third Flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3;

 

 

Wendy adjusts the sunglasses and the mask on her face and looks around nervously. She hopes no one will recognize her. Disguise is the most important thing right now since she needs to have peace around her. She wouldn't bear dealing with fans right now. She is nervous, she's always been like this hours before the actual flight. She doesn't have good memories of flying but now, when she has basically two homes on the different sides of the planet doesn't really help her.

 

She is afraid of heights since she can remember and that includes flights too. She always has to have someone beside her but nowadays her managers are way too busy arranging her things in both country to accompany her in the flights. She's thought about hiring another manager who would follow her around and be with her during the flights but the other managers told her not to since she needs to fight down her phobia. But it isn't that easy.

 

Usually, Wendy keeps a few pills of sedative with her in case but in the last two flights, she didn't have to use them, thanks to the super annoying stewardess, Irene. Wendy snickers as she thinks about her. She doesn't have a clue if they are about to meet but secretly, she hopes to. She doesn't like to admit it to even herself but with Irene around, she is more calm because she has all of Wendy's attention on her.

 

"We inform our passengers the boarding to the Seoul to Toronto flight starts on Terminal 3."

 

Wendy sighs as she sees the travelers gather around her and she prays that none of them will notice her. She feels so vulnerable right now with no one by her side.

 

"Here goes nothing." Wendy mumbles as she passes through the gate, eyes are looking down at the ground, silently praying that the flight will go smoothly.

 

"Good morning, SeungWan!" Wendy's eyes shoot up at the person who greeted her like this. It's been years since someone other than her parents called her in her real name. She doesn't like her name because she thinks it doesn't suit her, yet it somehow fills her with an odd kind of warmth. As her eyes meet with a pair of feline ones, all she wants is to burst out in laughter because how likely is this to meet up with this annoying person again and again. It's already the third time and she starts to think it's a conspiracy. Like someone above has already planned it. Even though she finds their bickering quite funny she doesn't want to have a fourth time, she has enough of Irene. "It's good to see you, again."

 

"It's Wendy." She murmurs since she doesn't want to cause a mini fan-meeting right here on the plane. She needs a little bit of privacy and probably that's what the flight attendant is trying to target, judged by her cheeky smile.

 

"I like SeungWan better." Irene's smile grows wider and sassier which Wendy just responds with a grunt and a grimace. She's too tired to deal with the stewardess' stupid revenge now, so she tries to avoid her as much as she can for the whole flight. "Let me show you your seat!"

 

"I can find it myself." The singer murmurs as she looks at the stewardess standing here so flawlessly like always. If Wendy thought about it, Irene could've easily been a model. She has the face, the body and the charisma to do the job. She would be quite popular, too. Irene smiles with a smile which never reaches her eyes whenever she's with Wendy- fake smiling must be her specialty.

 

"I insist. My job today is to serve you before everyone else." She walks in front of Wendy to show her, her seat but the singer's eyes can only concentrate on the flight attendant's glamorous body line and the slightly riding up pale pink skirt. "My boss told me so."

 

Wendy arches her eyebrows and shakes her head, not really pleased.

 

"There's no need, really." Wendy mumbles, not happy about all of this. She would like to sleep and fill herself up with energy but with her knowledge about Irene makes her believe it would be an impossible task to do since she wouldn't let her be peacefully.

 

"I insist too." Irene flashes a quick, cheeky smile at Wendy who feels like suffocating by it. Too flashy, too brilliant, too beautiful.

 

The singer winces and touches her forehead. 

 

"Gosh, you make a headache to me."

 

"You're not in your best shape. You doesn't even try to insult me." A concerned expression has taken over Irene's soft features and the singer is taken aback by this sudden worry radiating from the other. Because after all, who is she to the flight attendant? An annoying celebrity whom happens to be in the same  plane Irene is working in and insults her every time Wendy sees her. It's odd how she's got concerned about her but it might be the same fakeness from before just Wendy fails to see it. Irene walks closer to her to see Wendy's face clearly. "Are you sick?"

 

"No, I'm not. Can you leave me alone, now?" The singer doesn't know why she answers in such a rude way when the other is trying to be kind to her.

 

Irene's face hardens and she takes a step back, away from Wendy.

 

"As you wish." She nods and without any other words, she begins walking again and Wendy follows her. The singer is enjoying the silence and the way people don't recognize her- she can stare at them freely because they won't look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter