tenth flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter ten;

 

 

 

 

"Seungwan, are you angry at me for something?" Irene asks as she puts down her cup of coffee, looking at Wendy with an expectant gaze as the singer monitors her moves. She blinks with a frown on her expressive face because nowadays, she's really trying to be kind with the flight attendant and stop being a spoiled brat all together. It's still early in the morning as Wendy called Irene over for a coffee- saying it's safer if the woman comes to her house rather than the singer going there since paparazzi watching every step of hers but honestly, she just wanted to stay at home. In her excitement, she tried to make the best coffee of her life.

 

"No. Why?"

 

"You put salt in my coffee." The flight attendant arches an eyebrow showing her displeasure to taste the awful drink. She's not ready to deal with Wendy's childish prank so early in the morning without having a decent amount of caffeine in her blood system.

 

"Oh God, it was an accident!" Wendy shoots up from her seat with eyes opened wide. She blames her overexcited self for being so clumsy but the thought of Irene coming here made her lost her remaining sanity. She jumped in the kitchen such an enthusiasm she thought her lower neighbor were going to come up to tell her down. Her bushy eyebrows knot together as she glances down at her own cup. "Wait, it means mine too-"

 

Now, aware of the salt in the coffee she sips from her own cup.

 

"Ugh, it tastes terrible!" Wendy's expression turns into a disgusted one when the liquid hits her taste buds.

 

"You're such an idiot." Irene who's watched the whole scene by first hand, comments and shakes her head in disbelief. She leans her head on her palm while having an unreadable expression sitting on her features. She has to ask herself why she likes this moron. "You just noticed when you've already drunk half of it."

 

"I wasn't paying attention to it." The singer mumbles, taking away the mug from the flight attendant to make another coffee, now with sugar. She spill out the disgusting brown liquid and she doesn't realize when Irene creeps up behind her. The elder leans on the kitchen counter, having a smug smile on her pink lips while she makes Wendy wish she could sublime into the thin air.

 

"What were you thinking about?" As the question leaves the stewardess's mouth, Wendy blushes to the tip of her ears. She's happy she's not facing Irene so she can't see her embarrassment. She wouldn't admit it that she was thinking about how nice it is. Having Irene as the first person she's meeting with fills her with an unknown warmth. She doesn't like this feeling very much because it only means she's getting more attached to the flight attendant and she thinks it's already enough of her lovesick behavior.

 

"N-nothing." The singer turns away from the smugly smiling woman and brings the cup to her lips to gulp so she doesn't have to speak. Also, her mind has given up on her and let her do all these nonsense things just to embarrass herself more in front of her crush. She feels like she's back to high school but now instead of being the popular one, she's the one who's aching for the popular girl.  Irene watches it with horror all over her face.

 

"Hey, stop drinking it!" She takes the mug from Wendy's hands forcefully, pouring the remained coffee out. She curses under her breath and the singer feels like she's going to get scolded by the other.  "It's bad for your health."

 

Wendy doesn't say anything about the incident, just stares at the stewardess who's explaining the side effects of salted coffee with a concerned face but the singer doesn't seem to hear her words. She just stares at the concerned beauty on front of her and it might sound sappy and clichéd but the whole world stopped for a moment. This one fraction of a second seems so perfect, Wendy can't help herself. She's down, she's at the bottom and there's no one to help her out of this pit named love. Irene doesn't help either, she just keeps pushing her inside.

 

"Let's go somewhere!" Wendy bluntly says, stopping the other from becoming angry with her carelessness. The scolding words end and Irene's lips in a tight line as she glances at the singer with eyes wide open. For a few second, they stay like this, none of them noticing that someone is there with them. Joy.

 

"Excuse me?" The manager's loud voice pushed them out of their daydreams and Wendy curses herself for forgetting about her manager staying over for a night. It's funny to see the always oh so childish Joy turning into the most perfect business woman one can imagine. "You're not going anywhere. I appreciate that you want to live your life but you need to write the last song to finish up your album."

 

"Joy! Have you heard about private life?" Wendy snaps out of the trance, cursing her manager to interrupt such an intimate moment between them and caused that she won't get an answer for her offer, looks at Joy with an angry expression. She would be good without having her manager telling her every second since she's here that she failed writing a song. Writing songs has been easy until now, she's been the best writing hits after hits but nowadays it became something she found difficulty in.

 

She exactly knows the date since she couldn't write songs so easily. Since she's met Irene. Not exactly, it took more time to her to grow on Wendy that she can't think of anything else but the flight attendant. It's annoying and amusing in the same time but she can't get a word out of her pen because of it. Most of the new album songs are made from her old lyrics which hasn't been published yet but they still need the last song.

 

"No, I haven't when you've gone through the deadline." Joy says simply, daring to look into Wendy's mad eyes when others would turn aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter