Fourth Flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4;

 

"So basically, you ran away." Kim Yerim says, totally entertained by Wendy's miserable story. Yerim might be younger than the singer but knows no joke in business, that's why she's become Wendy's manager in Korea. She's fresh out of college, full of determination to succeed and she's cruel when things don't go as well as she's planned them before. She might be a mean woman but for Wendy she's the best advice giver ever. Well, she's not always on top. Like today. "That's really unlike of you, Seungwan."

 

"Stop calling me like that. Just because Irene calls me like that, it doesn't mean you can." Wendy pouts because hey, she's a worldwide famous singer but nowadays everyone seems to forget about it and from flight attendants to managers, everyone is so mean with her. It's not what she's used to. "And I didn't run away. I'd thanked her before I left."

 

Truth to be told, Wendy was total ashamed by the things happened during the flight so when they landed and she had to face the stewardess, she tried to leave as quickly as she could. As the flight attendants stood at the entrance, the singer held his head low and as she passed next to them she murmured a 'Thanks!' but she's not sure if Irene heard her well.

 

"I can imagine that." Yerim snorts. Even though Wendy likes to act like a grown up woman, she can be so childish time to time.

 

Wendy starts to regret telling her manager everything but as soon as the woman picked her up from the airport, it just slipped out of while they were heading to the recording studio. She doesn't know why it occupies her mind so much that she needs Yerim to listen to her and give an advice but she really needs one for a question. How to forget about Irene?

 

"It's your fault, after all!" The singer's eyes shoot open as she realizes and she almost yells.

 

"How could be that my fault?" The manager raises her eyebrows high but doesn't send a glare at Wendy's direction, only because she's concentrating on the road. But she quickly adds in a harsh tone. "Don't yell. Save your voice for the recording."

 

"If you had been with me, it wouldn't even have happened." She murmurs in a toned down voice. The pout grows on her cherry lips and it seems like it never leaves. Wendy turns to looks out of the window, so her manager won't laugh on her childish pout like she uses to. "You know I don't like be on the plane alone."

 

"You looked a lot calmer after the flight before this one, when I'd picked you up. I thought you would be okay by yourself next time. Also, I need some day off work, you know. I have a life, too."

 

"Well, I was busy bickering with Irene and sleeping, so-" The singer shrugged her shoulders but the name gathers interest in her manager. Yerim's heard the flight attendant's name more than enough due to dealing with reporters when she's broken Wendy's phone and the endless complains of her by Wendy. But getting the jerk singer embarrassed is something that deserves a compliment. Also, she has to notice the change about the way Wendy speaks about the stewardess.

 

"So, Irene, huh?" Yerim smiles widely, teasing her friend. She doesn't look at the singer sitting beside her but she can imagine how her eyes perk up by the name.

 

"What's with her?"

 

"You mention her more and more often each time." Yerim likes to pick on the singer since her reactions are the best. She can see Wendy glaring at her direction. "You like her, right?"

 

"I'm not!" The singer gapes because Wendy Son, The Wendy Son doesn't like anyone. Maybe except herself. She's the one to be loved. And anyways, she wouldn't like someone like the flight attendant. Too much trouble. "If anything, I hate her!"

 

"Keep denying it, maybe you'll believe your lie." Wendy most probably would elbow her manager to teasing her so badly but the car stops in front of her recording studio and Yerim turns to her with a big smile on her lips like she hadn't said anything to embarrass Wendy just a moment before. "We're here. Do well!"

 

 

*

 

 

Honestly, Wendy feels bad for not thanking Irene properly her kindness. Like all Wendy'd given her are teasing words and that she's almost got fired. That's all. She wouldd have gathered herself together and properly thank her. It wouldn't take much and she would've saved herself from a problem.

 

She might not know Irene well but she finds her quite interesting. She gives off this sassy and careless vibe but when no one's looking she can be kindhearted as well. Little things showed this to Wendy like the medicine for her headache and the blanket. Plus, she seems like the one who takes care about the people she likes. It's her job to help her calm down but those little things aren't.

 

This is the cause it bugs the singer so much.

 

She can't even concentrate fully on her singing, so the recording takes a bit longer than it normally would. When she finished, the sun is already down. Yerim told her to call her after the recor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter