seventh flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7;

 

 

Irene moans in dissatisfaction as the light hits her eyes through her eyelids. She wants to go back to sleep, she's not ready to leave her dream. She's too tired to function right now, plus she has a massive headache. She's been careless to drink so much- but now, she rather curses at herself for forgetting to pull the curtains together. The flight attendant flutters her eyes open but before she could work up the information, a very familiar voice started talking to her in a cheery tone.

 

"Good morning, Joohyun!"

 

Irene doesn't have to spare more time to try to wake herself up because Wendy's voice has made her shoot up in her seat- while swearing because her head hurts like hell and she's got dizzy a bit- eyes wide openly staring at the singer who's watching the whole scene with entertainment written all over her face.

 

Wendy smugly smiles at her from her seat next to the bed and waves to the stewardess. She sits like a boy- oh, so unladylike- and her arms crossed in front of her chest. Irene is sure she hasn't invited the woman over because even if she finds the woman attractive, she still has some hard feelings for the younger. But after all she can't be too sure since she can't remember anything. Not even that she's met Wendy yesterday.

 

"What are you doing in my apartment?" The flight attendant blurts out, blankly staring at the singer. She doesn't want to know if something happened between them because even though Wendy is beautiful and has a charming personality when someone actually gets to know her, she can't let herself sink into her seduction since she's often described as a playboy. Every night with a new person to keep her bed warm- on her lucky days the number increases. She wants nothing to do with Wendy.

 

"You're rude, Joohyun. After I let you sleep in my bed." Wendy pulls her nose up like it's disgusting to let the stewardess sleep in her bed and looks at Irene from head to toe.

 

Although, she's thinking of the sweet sleep she's going to have with Irene's fragrance lingering around her and the dreams revolving around the elder.

 

It's seriously slipping out of her hands.

 

"You're lying."

 

"Look around, dear Joohyun. Does it look like your apartment?" The singer says in an entertained voice while looking at the panicked face of Irene who really looks around and face with the cold and sad truth. It's not her apartment. Judging from the shelves full of awards and the platinum and golden albums hanging on the walls, it can mean one thing- it really is Wendy's apartment.

 

She hopes all of this is just a nightmare.

 

She swears she won't get drunk anymore in her whole life.

 

"What I am doing here?" The serious voice surprises Wendy a bit but she pretends like she hasn't heard it. She nonchalantly throws her legs on the side of the bed and half-lying on the chair.

 

"I've waited up all night so I can tell you everything that happened yesterday." Wendy makes herself comfortable in her seat and shuts her eyes down to relax. She's starting her lie like this. Irene stays silent, she's wondering what Wendy means, she gestures her to continue.

 

"It's a really funny story. I've met you in the club yesterday, you being totally drunk and out of yourself. You were the first to approach me and you sort of begged me to take you home. Who was I to say no to you?" The singer opens one eye to check up on the other's reaction. A smile wanders on her lips as she continues. "I didn't know you are this kind of girl, Joohyun."

 

Seeing Wendy's cheeky smile, Irene isn't fully sure if it's the truth or not. She can be lying the whole thing- but the worst part of the whole story is that she can totally imagine herself doing this kind of stupidity because she hasn't had a grab on her weird feeling for the other woman. She can only hope it's not the truth.

 

She narrows her eyes.

 

"You're lying." Irene repeats in a deep voice, drunk by sleepiness. She hopes, this time she has luck and it's really a lie. She doesn't know how would she cope with knowing she has spent a night together with a woman who's desired by millions but she still hates. Maybe hate is a harsh word for her feelings but it's the way it is.

 

 

"Yeah, I am." Wendy's mouth pulls into a toothy smile to calm down the woman in her bed. Even from her closed eyes, she could feel her gaze searching for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter