fifth flight

Love is in the Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5;

 

 

Wendy stares at the mobile phone in her hand and the name dangerously coming up as the phone buzzes. She doesn't move, she just stares at the phone. She doesn't want to pick up but a little voice says in her head that it'll just get worse if she doesn't pick it up.

 

The caller is Kim Yerim, her manager in Korea who probably found out about Wendy's disappearance. The singer has a feeling that she's already called her more before but her phone was turned down because of the flight- she turned it down under Irene's carefully watching eyes and satisfied smile.

 

Wendy sighs and with furrowed eyebrows and a pout on her lips as she pick up her mobile phone. She's careful enough not to put it right next to her ear because she'd definitely go deaf of the yelling of her manager.

 

"Where the hell are you?"

 

"In Toronto." The singer mutters hardly audible. Yerim can be really scary when things don't go as easily as she's planned them. And Wendy disappearing one night between her studio album recording isn't really smooth.

 

"What are you doing there? You should be here! You don't even finished the recordings!" Wendy can imagine the always perfectly arranged Yerim run up and down searching for her and thinking of what she's going to say how she lost the little superstar of their company.

 

"I-" There's literally three things that scare Wendy: flights, Irene's intimidate gaze and Yerim when she's angry. In the past few days, she has met all the three and she's seriously thinking she's done something bad in her life before to deserve this.

 

"It's Joy, right? She's done something with your schedule, hasn't she? I swear, she'll be the cause of my death." Her manager doesn't wait the singer to give a proper answer, she rambles madly. Joy- her manager in Canada and in the US- and Yerim can be the best of friends in one minute and in the next, they want to kill each other. In this love-hate friendship, Wendy is always in the middle getting all the crap. "I'll personally fly there and hunt her down."

 

"There's no need." Wendy gathers her courage and tells down her manager. "It's my fault. I came here by myself."

 

"What are you talking about?" Yerim's voice sounds so dangerously low, it truly scares Wendy. She gulps before she starts to speak.

 

"I wanted to thank Irene what's has done to me."

 

The reaction she's waited for hasn't come. Instead, it's Yerim's snort like laughing can be heard. Wendy doesn't know if she can be relieved or it's just a trap.

 

"You totally have a crush on her." The manager teases her and the singer can imagine her ear to ear smile.

 

"I don't!" Wendy almost screams as red as a tomato. She looks around- she's still in the airport since she has nowhere to go- and luckily no one seems like they recognized her. She curses that her manager in her mind.

 

"You blushed, right? I can sense it." Yerim laughs for a long time. The singer doesn't say anything, she waits for her manager's laughter to die down. "So at least, I hope it worth it. How it went? Did you get her number?"

 

"I- I didn't ask for it." The realization hits Wendy hard. This might be the last time she's seen the stewardess and she has mixed emotions. She might really have a tiny, tiny bit crush on Irene- she wouldn't admit it to her manager, that's sure- and she's a bit sad not to be able to see her again. On the other part, she's relieved that her crush won't grow on her. It dies down before it could grow into something dangerous.

 

"Wow, Wendy. You really are an idiot." The manager snorts.

 

"Thanks."

 

"It's nothing." Yerim says dryly, showing she's done talking about Wendy's love life and her voice turns back to her usual serious, business type. "Come here as soon as you can. I'll arrange everything."

 

"You're the best."

 

"I know."

 

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter