It's My Dream

You Belong To Me

Jinyoung was the only son in the family and having a father that was daughter biased, he had no say at home and have to do the housechores , run errands while his sisters rest at home like a princess. But the only thing that the father allow him to do was to join the dance school. 

"It's not fair! Why am i treated this way?" Jinyoung pout as he complain to his mother while washing the dishes. Jinyoung's mom walked over and gently touched Jinyoung's hair. "Son, you should know your father. He treats your sister better than you and i dont have a say. Im sorry.. " 

Jinyoung heard the sadness between his mother's words and he quickly turned to look at his mom. He realise his mom was crying quietly and he felt guilty. He shouldn't complain to his mother because its not her fault after all. Jinyoung's mom stopped crying and asked Jinyoung what he want and she will try her best to get it for her. 

Jinyoung his lips nervously and gently said "I dont want anything but to be a singer..Mother was shocked at Jinyoung's request but knowing Jinyoung has a passion in dancing, she agreed to let jinyoung go for an open audition. 

However, things was not as simple as seen. Father found out that Jinyoung is going for an audition two days later and he locked jinyoung in his room. "YOU ARE NEVER GOING FOR THE AUDITION ! I WILL NEVER ALLOW ! " Jinyoung banged the door and plead for the chance but Father didnt listen at all. Mother tried pleading for him but to no vaild.. 

 

* Two days later* 

" I cant wait anymore.. I need to go for the audition.." Jinyoung mummbled to himself as he thought for a plan. Suddenly, he saw the window and he thought of climbing out, since he is staying only at the second storey. While Jinyoung was gathering his courage to climb out, the door slowly opened and theres a light shinning through. 

"Jinyoung, FASTER! Before your father wakes up, faster leave now!" A soft voice travelled in the room to jinyoung's ears. Oh! Its mother! She took the keys while father was sleeping. Jinyoung hugged mother, say thank you and sprint off to the audition venue. 

 

" Wait for me! " Jinyoung shouted while running towards the audition stage. The security guard shaked his head and say that he was 15 minutes late and they dont accept any latecomers. Jinyoung hand clasped together and kept pleading the security to let him in for the audition secretly but the security is just doing as he was told by the company. However, a mysterious man walked past and seeing how sincered Jinyoung was, he told the security to let him in. Jinyoung find the mysterious man familiar but the man got his sunglasses on and a mask so he didnt recongize who was it. 

When it was Jinyoung's turn to audition, he saw the mysterious man again. He pointed at the man "You again? Thank you so much for letting me in ! " The mysterious man took of his glasses and mask and jinyoung's jaws dropped. IT WAS PARK JIN YOUNG! THE REAL PARK JIN YOUNG ! Jinyoung quickly bowed and apologize for pointing fingers at him. JYP PD smiled asked for his name. Jinyoung let out a shy smile and say "Park Jinyoung" JYP PD nodded in amusment and the casting team sitting behind the PD was laughing. Finally, they formally start the audition. Jinyoung was so nervous that when the music started playing, he didnt move at all.. 

JYP PD laughed and asked jinyoung if he need him to wear back the glasses and mask so he wont feel nervous , but jinyoung shaked his head and felt embarrassed. Jinyoung took a deep breathe and told the crew he done preparing and the crew start the music.

Jinyoung started with a moonwalk slowly and ended with a pose. JYP PD was enjoying his performance while nodding his head with agreement. "You are accepted for the finals." 

Jinyoung heard and he got so shocked that his legs gave up on him and fell on the floor. He went on his knees and keep thanking JYP PD and the casting team. He had never expect that he would be accepted. He thought he came here only to try his luck. He didnt expected that he can be a JYP artist someday.. 

But ! A sentence from JYP PD made jinyoung's hopes crashed. " When are you asking your parents over? They need to approve you to join the finals audition." Jinyoung told them to give him sometime and would visit the company before the week ends. 

 

*Back Home*

Jinyoung found his father sitting on the sofa with a cane on his right hand, and mother sitting quietly on the left side. His two sister laughed and told jinyoung its DOOMSDAY! Jinyoung walked to the front of father and kneel down for forgiveness.

"Well Well, you are old enough to rebel right. Very Well, Very Well. " Father said while hitting the cane on the coffee table. 

"Sorry father, i know im in the wrong. Please forgive me. But do you know , i've gotten the place for finals"

"So what does that means? I will never allowed you anyway. Don't even think about it."

"But father - .."

"I will NEVER say yes "

"But.. But .. It's my Dream.." Jinyoung tears rolled down his cheeks and he bowed his head.

Father had never seen Jinyoung this way. Whatever father request, Jinyoung does it. Father let out a sighed and gave up. He allowed Jinyoung to go for the finals audition, but only if he get First place, he can continue persuing his dream.

 

Jinyoung agreed and since that day he practiced from 8am to 12midnight daily to prepare for the finals audition. He believe if he practice , his dream will come true.

As believed, Jinyoung won the first place and he was tied with Im Jae Bum.

And as promised, Father allowed Jinyoung to go Seoul and start his trainee life.