//5\\

Let Me Know Where Your Heart Belongs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Goody Goody

One thing I was certain of: Jungkook definitely had the voice an angel.

A couple weeks had passed after my first visit to his apartment, with me having been over of few more times thereafter. On one particular visit, I found myself sitting on his bedroom floor, just quietly listening to him as he sang to me. My back was resting against the side of his bed, which he was sprawled back on. I felt my eyes become heavy as I listened to his soothing voice, my lids slowly sinking shut. I felt content. Euphoric.

I realized just how much I missed hearing him sing.

I sighed, almost falling asleep.

Almost.

The sound of stampeding feet in the hallway outside of Jungkook’s door, made my eyes shoot open at the sudden commotion. He stopped singing and began to sit up, confused as to what was going on with his hyungs. He sat on the edge of the bed, contemplating whether or not he should get up to check.

I smiled to myself, realizing that was the sign Jimin had told me to look for, the secret plan we discussed earlier replaying in my brain.

Jungkook shook his head and decided it was against his better interest to check things out, preferring to lay back down instead. “Better not get involved.” He mumbled. I scoffed at him, getting up quickly onto my feet. He looked at me, surprised. “What?”

“There could be a burglar in your house, murdering them and you decide you would rather sleep?!” I questioned exaggeratedly, gesturing widely with my arms.

“. . Yeah?” was his response.

I gaped at him and shook my head before hooking my arm under his and yanking him up. He looked shocked at my sudden ferocity, but didn’t fight when I pulled him toward his bedroom door. I stuck my head out first, checking to make sure the coast was clear. The hallway was empty and completely silent after the loud noise a few moments before. A sly smirk snuck onto my face, and I pulled him out of his room. He followed me wordlessly, still gripping my hand. I could tell my burglar comment had made him nervous, his hand was sweating slightly.

Jimin said to meet them on the soccer field, I reminded myself.

We entered the living room, and I had to prevent myself from breaking into a fit of laughter from the sight of it. They had made the entire place a mess, making it seem as though someone really had broken into the apartment. I knew someone had fun ripping up a poor pillow that laid sadly on the floor by the flipped couch. How they managed to do that with Jungkook in his room just down the hall, amazed me.

Jungkook gasped and released my hand, calling out for his hyungs. He turned to the door and visibly gulped when he saw it ajar. He pulled my hand and led me out of the apartment, his face a mixture of terror and determination. It was becoming progressively more difficult to not giggle at his cute behavior.

Just you wait.

“Maybe they escaped out of the building. They could be in the recreation area.” I suggested, trying my best to sound nervous. He shot me a worried look, but nodded and headed in the direction of the back stairs, taking my word for it.

I was suddenly hit with the realization that Jungkook wasn’t all that smart. If this had been a real situation, yelling out in the apartment with the possibility of the criminals still being there, and rushing to find people who could be in a dangerous position without a weapon or protection of any kind, was definitely not the correct way to handle what was going on. I was going to have a serious talk with him later about how to react and be safe if that were to actually happen.

We pushed open the doors and made our way to the soccer field. The only light we had was from the moon’s soft glow. The lights were turned off, making it impossible to see any part of the field. I felt giggles bubble in the back of my throat, and I had to use my fist to keep myself from bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter