//11\\

Let Me Know Where Your Heart Belongs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

Jungkook was starting to feel paranoid.

All of sudden, he was no longer certain of Hyomyun’s feelings. He thought for sure she liked him back, that she would be excited when he asked her out. He had been thinking about how he was going to do it ever since his birthday party, almost three months before.

He figured he would do something romantic; maybe write her a song. He even planned a surprise scenario where he would place notes all over the school, each one getting closer and closer to an old classroom, where he would be standing with a red rose.

But, the more time that passed, the more he began to doubt himself.

And, it no longer seemed like he was the only one who liked her.

He noticed the way Yoongi hyung would look at her when he thought no one was watching; but Jungkook was. And, it even seemed like Yoongi himself didn’t realize he gave her those looks - she certainly didn’t.

Jungkook was starting to become desperate when he saw that Yoongi’s feelings were most likely returned. He would come back to apartment from time to time and see her sitting there - in his room - her eyes glued to him, completely unaware of the pink flush in her cheeks. A flush she only seemed to get when Yoongi was present.

Yet, another thing Yoongi was oblivious to.

That infuriated Jungkook.

He knew her first. He liked her first. Why was it that he was the one who had to lose her?

His suspicions of his hyung’s feeling were confirmed the night they all went the park. Jungkook didn’t know the drinks would be alcoholic, and he wasn’t thinking straight when he hugged her. He just wanted to hold her and never let go.

When hyung returned that night after walking Hyomyun home, he was pissed. He yelled at Jungkook for worrying her and making her uncomfortable. And, the worse part; Jungkook knew he was right. The only thing he could do was stand there silently as Yoongi scolded him and left him out of frustration.

He could do nothing but apologize to her after that. She always replied that it was okay, but after that night she became more distant; he would often see her looking off to nowhere in particular, thinking about things.

But he knew it wasn’t really things she was thinking about. It was him.

And, then he thought maybe he could get her to change her mind. Get her to like Jungkook instead.

So, he told her.

And, he regretted it immediately.

He knew he shouldn’t have confessed; he could see the hesitation in her eyes. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings. But, he hurt hers.

Jungkook knew he shouldn’t have listened to her when she said sure. He shouldn’t have taken her to the movies. However, he couldn’t bring himself to let her go. He was too far gone for that.

She was beautiful. Especially when she laughed at all the corny jokes he told.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter