//13\\

Let Me Know Where Your Heart Belongs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merry Christmas

My Mom was having a break down.

She ran all over the house preparing for when the boys arrived. I had told her and Dad about Yoongi, and they both demanded everyone come over; Dad wanted to threaten him, and Mom wanted proof that I had actually managed to obtain a boyfriend.

I have great parents.

When I asked the boys if they wanted to meet my family, they all agreed since it was Christmas, and they would have just stayed home alone, anyway. They were excited for a real home cooked Christmas dinner, courtesy of my mom.

On Christmas Eve, my mom started freaking out about the house being a mess (despite the fact she had cleaned it three times already). By the time the boys arrived the next day, literal sparkles came off of every surface, everything was spotless.

They all huddled in through the door, shaking snow off of their shoes and taking off their coats. I had started feeling anxious when I noticed Yoongi wasn’t with them, my heart dropped.

My mom greeted everyone, gesturing for them to head into the living room and have a seat. She was startled when Taehyung pulled her into a tight hug and Hoseok kissed her hand. I groaned internally, regretting not telling them to compose themselves before coming. My worries disappeared when my mom giggled (in a way no mother ever should) and blushed (also, in a way no mother should).

While everyone filed into the living room, Jin lagged behind and gave me an encouraging squeeze on the shoulder. “He’s on his way, he had to make a quick stop.” He whispered in my ear before greeting my mom and joining the others. I let out the breath I had been holding and ushered my mom in after them.

“Isn’t someone else supposed to come?” She questioned.

“He’s running a little late, he’ll be here soon.” I reassured her.

We all sat down on the living room, the tension slowly increasing with the silence.

“So,” My dad cleared his throat and crossed his arms over his chest, putting on his I-mean-business-and-no-one-better-lie-to-me expression. “Which one of you is dating my only daughter?”

The boys all gulped and sat up straight in their seats; it was actually kind of funny to see. They went from being crazy and carefree to nervous and scared in a matter of seconds, just by one simple question. Jin was the first to speak up, and he bowed his head respectfully as he spoke. “That would be Yoongi. He had to do something before he came, so he asked me to apologize on his behalf.”

“Did he not take this seriously enough to show up on time?”

I sighed and rubbed my temples. “We didn’t give them a specific time, Dad.” I mumbled, turning to him. Then I saw the glint in his eyes; He was just messing with them, trying to ruffle their feathers a little. Mom patted my knee to tell me to let Dad have his fun.

“Is my daughter not important to be here early, then?”

“No, sir, it’s not-”

“No?! She isn’t!?” My dad stood up from the couch, and Hoseok yelped and fell to the floor, doing a formal bow with his forehead pressed firmly against the carpet.

“Mr. Kim, I didn’t mean-” Jin continued explaining, but stopped when he saw my mom start shaking with laughter, unable to hold it in any longer. My dad joined her shortly after, his laugh bellowing around the whole house. Jin finally understood the situation and let his shoulders slump, giving up. Namjoon pulled Hoseok off the floor, chuckling as well. Taehyung, although not fully understanding why everyone was laughing, joined in, getting up and clapping along. Jungkook gave me a smirk, already used to my dad’s behaviors and Jimin looked like he was still ready to faint from the terror, his hands were gripping the back of Jin’s shirt.

After that, we all calmed down and the boys talked about themselves, allowing my parents to get to know who their daughter was hanging out with. My mom brought out my baby pictures and I had to cower away in the corner of the room to escape Hoseok’s grasp. As soon as he saw the pictures he started freaking out and went from fanning his face to trying to squeeze me to death with a hug, and back to fanning his face. “Aigoo! She is too cute! I can’t even-” He went on and on.

When someone knocked on the door, I was more than happy to open it, so long as I got away from the mess happening in the living room. I tuned out my mom talking about my third grade piano recital when I saw two people standing on the porch.

Yoongi smiled when I opened the door, flowers in one hand and small gift bag in the other. He kissed me on the cheek as he walked in. “Sorry, I’m late.”

Behind him stood the prettiest woman I had ever seen. She had long dark brown hair, slightly wavy and falling just past her hips. She had big brown eyes and her lips were tinted pink from the cold. She looked a little lost standing there, unsure if she should come inside or not. I heard everyone come into the entranceway, still talking about things I had done in elementary school.

Yoongi handed my mom the flowers and apologized for showing up late, introducing himself as my boyfriend. I allowed myself a mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter