Exchanging looks

Angel Of Darkness

So it's Easter weekend! So to give you a gift I will gift you with ONE chapter! So enjoy this extra chapter I gift you till your regular post updates on Wednesday! Please enjoy and I hope to hear from you all soon!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I had cried myself to sleep. I was stranded! My company, dead. I was sure everyone back at camp presumed I was too. It wouldnt be long before they would move on, saying goodbye to those who were gone or presumed gone with a small ceremony and then move on. Once they move, I would never find them. The thought of that made tears burn my eyes, pushing me to break again. The so called Angel of Darkness stayed up on the second floor, not carring how hard I cried. I had finally stopped. I stopped crying, trying hard not to think to much on it as I went through the things left from my company and those I was sure he had gathered himeself. I found many things, things my company would have taken with us home and others that were to unusual and not needed. There were tapes of movies, books, art, and old toys. These things looked useless. But then I pulled out a old dolly. It was one similar to the one I had before everything went dark. It had long hair and a beautiful dress. It was something my father had given me. A single tear escaped me, remembering my father.

Footsteps down the stairs brought me back to reality. I quickly wipped away a tear and tossed the doll back into the pile with everything else. The man or angel was walking down the stairs. He looked at me, seeing that I was going through his things. He walked towards me, standing over me as he tried to intimidate me by his size. I knew guys like him back at camp, thinking cause they were bigger they were stronger. I had proven most of them wrong when we all trained together. Their size didnt matter. He laughed to himself, seeing how I didnt faulter. He walked away, seeing the fire had long gone out. He piled on more wood, poured what I was sure was oil then lit a match and throwing it in which set a flame to the pile. He seemd to enjoy watching the fire burn. Like he was fasinated. He then went to a pile which was of food. He pulled out another can and threw it to me and grabbed his own.

"Eat!" He called. He took a seat where he sat before. I walked around the fire, keeping my eye on him. Why did he bother feeding me? Why tell me I was safer here then out there? Why did he care? These were questions that roamed through my mind which I was sure would remain unanswered. I sat down in the spot where I slept. I opened the can and began to eat. We seemed to always watch each other. Never looking away from one another. I didnt trust him but I knew he wasnt going to let me die, at least not so easily. But why he watched me I had no clue. We did this for a what seemed like forever, watch the other, noting each move and every breath taken. From what I learned from him, he moved slowly. Every move he made seemed gracefull but his bulky clothes made his movement more strained. He wore a long black trench coat, sleves were cut off and his long sleve shirt which hung loosely, showing his colar bone, his neck exposed. I noticed his hair, dark with a hint of many other colors depending on the light, hung infront of his eyes alot, hiding his eyes which were very mysterious. He tend to his lips it seem which was something my mother had told me that people did to keep their lips from chapping. Something that came from dehydration. I stood up, walking toward the pile which contained mostly food and dug into it. I know he was watching me but I didnt care. I searched till I found what I was looking for. I pulled it out, feeling the metal was cold to the touch which was good. I walked over to the angel, seeing that he looked at me confused by my actions. I was standing next to him when I opened the can.

"Here!" I offered him the cola to drink. It wasnt going to completely help with his hydration but it was better then nothing. He looked at me, questioning my actions. I heaved a sigh and took a drink myself then handed him the can.

"See! Its harmless... for the most part." I uttered the last bit, wasnt really the healthest thing in the world but it would help him for the time being. He took the can and drained it down his throat. I watched him, downing it and watched his throat with each swallow. Something about watching that seemed a bit luring me to him. I shook my head and returned to my spot, sitting down and watching him. He crushed the now empty can in his hand then tossed it away before he looked up at me.

"Thanks!" He spoke. I didnt say anything just worked on finishing what was left of my food. After he had finished he tossed the trash and began to walk back to the stairs.

"WAIT!" I called. He stopped, looking over his shoulders to me to see what I wanted. I hesitated. Unsure what the reason I had to stop him in the first place.

"Where are you going?" I asked. It was the only thing I could push past my lips.

"To my quarters. Where I will remain till tomorrow!" He shared. He began to walk up the stairs when I stopped him again.

"May I...?"

"NO!" He shouted as he returned to his room and I could hear a door slam which caused the already shakie building to shake and a stone to fall out of place from the wall. I utter a few obsanitys as I turned back to the fire. It seemed I would pass my time watching firewood and watch it burn on a daily basis. What I then thought bought a good question to me. Where was the wood coming from? There wasnt but one pile which seemed to have grown over night.