The unspoken words of my heart

Angel Of Darkness

Things between Jaejoong and I had seemed to have changed. He was much nicer to me, not like he was when he first saved me. I guess it could be that he had never lived with a human before me and after we began to talk to one another we had grown on each other. We knew more about each other these days. He seemed to enjoy the peace and quiet but we both knew that wasnt something we could ever hope for, he also loved the light. Something that wasnt ever gonna come from anything but the fire. I guess thats why he always kept the fire going for so long. I dont think I have ever seen it not burning. Even I started to feed the fire if he wasnt around to do so. Something about it made me feel like he would like the fact that I kept it going. I also learned that he doesnt mind bathing in cold water, which I dont understand cause the water outside could get really cold. But out of all things, I learned that his hair color was never black, it had been blonde till he landed here on earth. He told me that he thought it was probably a reflection of his soul, and if it was dark it meant his soul was dark. I didnt truely believe that but then again what would I know about the anatomy of an angel. His hair was still black but with the ends of his bangs slowly fading to blonde. It was different, but it looked good. Now I would catch him every once in a while looking in the mirror, checking if the blonde was still there. I would laugh silently as I would watch him glance at the mirror throughout the day. We sat by the fire, staring at the flames flicker about as if they were dancing. Because of Jaejoong I was looking at the world differently, well the world inside the church, but I knew I needed air, needed to move about but I couldnt since there was always creatures out side, watching and waiting for me to step out side. I knew it wasnt as many as there use to be but that didnt mean it wasnt dangerous for me. I turned to Jaejoong to see he was content with how things were at the moment. I was too but I knew I was longing to be reunited with my mother, and my brother. To be living amoung the humans and I knew he longed to return to heavens. I sighed, realizing that if we both got our ways, we would never get to see one another again. That thought made me sad. I had made a new friend, someone I could rely on. Who made me feel happy and yet I knew he wasnt truely happy, and he knew I was not truely happy either. I looked at him to see how the light flickered across his face, showing his features. He was so handsome, so angelic it was hard to believe he was real. He shifted in his seat and turned to me, catching my gaze. He didnt even have to ask me to know what I was thinking. He took my hand in his and set his other hand upon mine. A single tear fell from my eyes as I looked at his hands wrapped around mine.

"Don't worry! You will meet them again. I promise!" I smiled faintly at him, his words touching my heart. His hands were warm, his skin soft to the touch. We had truely grown closer to one another. When he was around me I felt safe. Like he would protect me no matter what. I took comfort in his touch, his words and even his gaze. Everything about him grew on me and on my heart. I was sure that I was falling for him. LIke he had fallen to earth, I was falling in love with him but in this world full of darkness and death, I couldnt let my feelings run my life or I would die of a broken heart like I was sure my mother was. My mother! Oh how much she was hurting to think that not only did she loose her husband but her only daughter. How Chanyeol was having to deal with so much with taking care of our mother and dealing with loosing two members of his family he had known his whole life. More tears began to escape my eyes before I could bring my sleeve up and dry them. Jaejoong wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in to lay my head on his shoulder and I couldnt hold back. I cried, I cried out loud as I wish I could tell my mother and my brother Chanyeol that I was ok, that I was still alive and not to mourn for me. But I had no clue where they were and I didnt even know if they were still alive. Every fear, every doubt that haunted my mind only made me feel worse. Jaejoong my hair, trying to comfort me. I had cried for a few hours before my eyes ran dried and there were no more tears. I sniffled as I rubbed my sleeve across my cheeks which stung from the tears. Jaejoong still ran his hand down my head along my hair, doing more to keep me calm then my own mind was. I lifted my head up, finally done crying. He looked at me to see I was done. I didnt look at him so not to show him how horrible I must have looked from hours of non stop tears.

"Thank you!" I sniffled with a graspy voice. I felt him lift my chin up and pulled me to face him. His eyes gazed at mine, studing the very thoughts I was thinking which wasnt much now. He looked so worried. Was he worried for me? Then he caressed my cheek and rested his hand behind the nape of my neck. I studied his expression for a few moments till my heart told me what was happening once his lips had met mine. He leaned toward me, meeting my lips for the first time. He kissed me. My first kiss! My body, my heart and my soul warmed to his tender kiss. His sweet, tender kiss that seemed to made me loose all thought. He pulled away, staring at me but I still was not sure he had pulled away yet. I opened my eyes to see him looking at me. Something about the look on his face told me that he was now looking at me at a new light. Which there was no change of lighting since all we had was the fire in which we made sure kept burning and no light from the world outside. But the way he looked at me said he saw me differently, and I too saw him differently in a new light. With the beating of my heart I knew that I was falling for him. Falling for him hard and I had this gut feeling that if I continued to fall for him, I would hit the ground hard. As if I had fallen from heaven. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned away, getting up and heading to the pile where we had many cans of food and drinks. It seemed there was never a dent made in the pile in which he had gathered but we never ate much. He didnt get up or say anything, probably to give me space to think. I needed to get ahold of my self and my feelings to figure out just what I was getting myself into before I fallen to far.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, not looking at him as I searched to see what we had. I could hear him stand up and stretch.

"No I am good! You go ahead and eat without me. I am going out for a bit. Dont wait up for me." He stated as he headed up the stairs. I watched him from the corner of my eye to see him leave up the stairs and into his chamber before he shut the door and was out of my sight. But I could hear him leave the small room and his wings flapping in the wind. He was now gone and now I was longing him to be near but I needed my space. I had to think about what was going on with myself and why my heart was beating so fast. Then I looked up to his room and wondered where he would go when he wasnt here or out gathering supplies. I didnt spend to much time thinking on such and returned to my beating heart. How could I be falling in love now of all times and with an angel. He wasnt human, so the likely hood of us being together was zero. But I wanted to be with him. I wanted to spend everyday with him like I do now, but I wanted to be with my family. I wanted things to be back the way they were before the world went dark. But I couldnt have both. It was impossible. I had to choose one but I couldnt have things return like they were before and I couldnt have an angel. My only choice was my family and I had to find a way back to them. Jaejoong wold have to return to heaven and I would be without him. I would have to realize that now before my heart got too involved and would only break when he did leave. I nodded, repeating that in my head over and over till I felt that I knew that was best. But I felt my heart uttered softly through my own thoughts.

".... But you love him!"