Ghostly friends

Angel Of Darkness

Night had come but it was hard enough to tell that much since there was no sun to indicate if it was day or night but Dara shared with me her watch from one of her fellow group members who had passed and told me that it told time. It was what she use to let her know how long she had been away from her camping group. I could see in her eyes when she talked about them that it made her sad. Being apart from the people she knew was hard on her. I could see this well. Dara laid in her spot she would always sleep. It was just a bunch of jackets, blankets and pillows that made her little cot to sleep on. She deserved better then that. She deserved to have a real bed, with a mattress. When she was sound asleep I took it upon myself to explore the ruins of the city. I knew there was a place that had plenty of beds. It was where I found mine before. I stood in the hole of the wall looking out to the world. I lifted my arms up and let my body fall forward. As I let gravity pull me more I fell through the air. As my body fell I let my wings spring to life and take the wind to guide me back up into the air. Flying in the air was one of the things I had always enjoyed soaring in the sky, the wind brlowing through my hair and wings. My wings flapped in the air, lifting me higher into the air as I flew through the ruins. The creatures would either hide in fear from me or they watch me. They seemed to mind their own business but they were not to be trusted. I finally found the old shop that had the beds as I swiftly landed, my wings folding back and disapeared so it was easier to move. I entered the building seeing that some of the beds had been destroyed. I looked around for something that would not only give Dara a more comfortable place to sleep but would appease to her likeness. After a while of searching I found one. It was contained in a box, unused and not asembled. It would work. I set the box next to the exit and looked for a matress. It took a while after looking into the back of the warehouse to find matress that would do. I gathered the items and began to carry them with me back to the church. It took awhile since the extra weight made it harder to fly. I set them by the door and looked down the stairs. Dara still slept. I slowly and quietly carried the box that contained the bed down toward the front door of the church. Away from the line of sight of the light from the fire. I had made sure to gather more wood then needed cause I wanted to spend tonight gathering my planned gift for her. I set the box down and then headed up the stairs for the matress. This one I had to be carefull not to make much noise and not knock anything over. After much work I finally hid the gift away. I had all my other gifts ready for her already but this was the last bit I needed. She would be awake in a few hours and once she was I would ask her to stay in my chambers to read while I rearranged the main floor. With nothing left to do I decided I would visit the grave yard. I was sure the ghost would be wondering what kept me away so long.

 

I flew into the grave yard, finding it empty. Nothing lived here but the ghost of those who had not been able to pass into heaven. I walked through the graveyard, touching a few tomb stones as I waked past them. I came across the tomb stone that had the name Lucy written on it. I stopped at it, leaning down as I pat the stone and smiled.

"Good evening!" I called to the soul. A small girl appeared with blonde hair. She smiled at me. She was adorable ghost which reminded me of the young angels in heaven. I stood up and she followed me through the graveyard to another tomb. I knocked on the tomb.

"Wake up Mr. Lee!" I announced and continued walking with Lucy behind me. A ghostly man appeared. He was an much older man, older looking then I and had this feel of a grandfather. He awoke and got up from his grave. I stopped infront of a large criptic tomb and knocked on the door before I leaned against it. A woman appeared. She as like the others were ghost and they gathered around me.

"Why Jaejoong? Where have you been of late? It's not like you to not visit." The woman asked.

"I am sorry Mrs. Kwon but I had been occupied recently." I replied. Mrs. Kwon looked at me surprised.

"How so?" Lucy asked. Lucy didnt speak much but she mostly only spoke to me. I could see she was fasinated with me. When I had first began living here, she was scared of the events of all the creatures of hell, rising from the ground and taking out the living. She hid away from everything, even me when I came through. I could see she was shy, scared and alone. I lived in the graveyard for a time and made friends with the ghost. I looked down at Lucy and smiled at her. She was a small ray of sun shine that we had all longed for.

"I had unexpected visitors. They came in and began diving into my stash while I was gone." I shared.

"Demons?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Humans, but the demons, creatures of the night had attacked them. I happened to have saved one from death." I shared with them. Mr. Lee shook his head.

"I am guessing the human took off not long after that, seeing you and thinking you of the angel of darkness." He uttered. I shook my head.

"Actually no, this human still there now. Of course I told her that ..."

"HER?" Mrs Kwon and Mr. Lee said in unison. I nodded.

"Yes! Her. She is safer there where I can protect her." I uttered. Mrs. Kwon and Mr. Lee looked at one another, reading the thoughts they had about this human. Lucy used what energy she had to tug on my arm. I turned to her to see what she wanted.

"Is she pretty?" She asked. I smiled at her.

"Yes she is!" Then she smiled and pulled me closer to whisper to me.

"Do you like her?" That question shocked me. Did I like her? I didnt know. I didnt know if I could like her. Grant it that she was haunting my thoughts but did that mean I liked her. Of course she was nice, she smelled of wild flowers and she looked like an angel herself but did that mean I liked her? I didnt know.  Mrs Kwon called to Lucy, taking her hand and patting her back.

"Lucy, lets leave Jaejoong to take his leave so he can return to his lady friend." She stated. She looked at Mr. Lee and motioned for him to talk to me before she took Lucy back to her resting place. Mr Lee patted my shoulder, though I barely could feel it since he wasnt a physical being anymore.

"My boy, I think you need to sort your feelings out. Cause something tells me you dont know what is going on with yourself." He was right, I didnt know. I nodded.

"I will do that. But I have something to ask of you." Mr. Lee looked curious. He listened to my thoughts, understanding my fear of what lied in a storm that was on the edge of the city. He apparently had those same fears.

"I am not sure my boy but I will send one of the dogs out to look. I will also send a message to one of the neghboring cemetaries that sits on that side of the city. They would likely know more then we." He shared. I thanked him, feeling like he was a good friend. If ever I would beable to return to the heavens I would help them get there as well. But then I thought of Dara. What of her? I shook of that thought and decided that I had spent to much time away and she would be awake soon enough. I bid Mr. Lee goodnight and headed off back to the church. Dara would soon awake and I would need to have breakfast ready before then.