Chances and Choices

Angel Of Darkness

Hey guys, I am SO SORRY for the delayed post today! Been busy packing for my trip to Dallas Fan Days Comic Con! I have been putting off packing and tomorrow I leave to go to the conventions so I couldnt put it off much longer. I can honestly say I am not sure I packed everything but hopefully I will not leave anything important behind. It will be a very busy weekend for me but a fun one! I will tell you guys more about it when I get back or maybe even in a blog! Anyway to make up for my tardiness on this chapter today! I will give you guys two! But lets not be greedy about this, cause I have alot of writing to do when I get back to get caught back up. And alot of sewing for my next con! So please enjoy and I hope to read your comments on my down time or on my return. Enjoy!!!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I stood in the opening of the gaping hole that was a wall in the room I lived in. Dara was finally asleep. After a long day of tears, listening to screams of both human and demonic from outside to finally have some piece and quiet for her to finally relax. I knew her memories of her past haunted her and it was my doing. If I had not fallen.... it was too late to take back what has come to past. What I could do was make it right. I would need to find a way back to heaven and then the world would return to its normal glory. Or atleast it would be as normal as it could get. I shook my head, trying to shake off my doubt when I felt a small warm sensation. I looked up to see....light! A small ray of light from the heavens pushed through the darkness and shinned down on me. It wasnt much but I knew where it came from. My body bolted forward but stopped on the edge of the opening of the gaping hole. I was hesitating. Infront of me was a small chance to return, to return to my world in the heavens and possibly return earth to its formal glory. But I couldnt make my body move. Just as soon as I spotted the light, it disipated. Now darkness had taken over where the light had seeped through. My chance lost! I took a few steps back till I came to the bed in the room and ploped down onto it. Running my hands through my hair as I couldnt believe I didnt just jump at the chance. Then I felt a tug at my heart. Dara! If I had left, Dara would be alone, lost and alone. I laid back onto the bed and took a few deep breaths. If I was too leave, I would first need to reunite Dara with her family before I tried to leave. I sat up and set my elbows on my knees, resting my chin in my hands as I looked out into the ruins from the opening in the wall. The world was big, amazingly big but small in comparrison to heaven. Unlike angels, humans had no wings so the distance of her group being was a certain distance from the city so not to be detected by the creatures that lurk in its ruins but close enough so traveling with supplies would be easy. They would be close to the city for a long time before returning to the country. It wouldnt take long to find them. I felt a surge of confidence flow through me. I would find them. Her family, her group and reunite her with them. Then I could find away back to heaven so the sun would shine again and the creatures would wonder back to the hell they came from. I smiled to myself till the sudden roar of thunder crashed through the sky and the flash of light from lightening filled light over the city for just a moment. I stood up with a sudden jolt of fear rush through me. I swung my body out the opening of the wall and held the sturdy part that would not fall with my body weight. I looked out to see that the storm I was fearing from the bottom of my gut was much closer then it should have been. I looked at it to see that it was much darker then the rest of the world. The wind inside of it seeamed to scream like a banshee, howls of tourturous pain. I looked at the storm, studying it, trying to find something to reasure me it was nothing. But I spotted the shadows of winged creatures flying through the darkness once another lightening broke through the darkness for just a moment. I quickly pulled myself back into the room, busting through the door and jumped down to the level Dara was. She had sat up in her bed, startled by the noises and now looking at me worried.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"We have to go! We have to leave now!" I helped her out of the bed and began pulling her up the stairs.

"Wait, I need to get...."

"NO TIME! WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!" I demanded. We were now up in my room where the wind seemed to be blowing hard, pulling the trees from their roots. I held onto Dara, making sure not to lose her. I looked out the opening one more time to see just how close it was. It was next to the building. We had to leave now if we wanted to get out before the unknown would happen. I wrapped my arm around her waiste and held onto her tight.

"I need you to hang on tight to me. We are gonna have to fly out of here!" I shared. She nodded, wrapping her arms around my neck so to keep from falling or blown away. I held her close and took a deep breath. With no other choice I jumped out of the room with Dara in my arms as my wings opened up. I flew up into the sky, getting us as far from the storm as possible. Dara tightened her grip around me as we soar through the sky. I didnt dare look at what was my home for so long since I had landed here for I had the feeling going back was now impossible. I flew us toward the cementary where I knew was the safest to be at the moment. We landed gracefully as possible but I could tell that Dara was scared to even look for she had not let go of me.

"It's ok! We are safe. For the moment we will stay here." I told her as she looked up at me. I could see in her eyes that she had complete faith in my desicion to leave the church. She had been trembling for a while but now she seemed to have calmed down. She didnt get much rest between the screams earlier that day and till I woke her to move us to safety. I stared into her eyes for a moment then realized we were not alone. A small giggle from Lucy brought me back to reality. I let Dara go as I motioned for her to follow me. Lucy hid behind one of the grave stones, watching me and Dara closely. I assumed she didnt want to be seen so I assumed it was for the best. Dara had already had a hard day. I led her further into the cementary till we reached a grave I visited alot. I knocked on the tomb stone and waited. Dara looked at me confused.

"Jaejoong, what are we doing here?" She asked me.

"Visiting a friend." I stated, but then I realized that maybe Dara couldnt see or hear Lucy since she was a ghost. It could be possible she would not be able to see any of the ghost here in the cementary. It might be for the best for now.

"Look, Dara! I am not sure you will be able to see who I will be talking too but just know that they can help us." I shared. She nodded and just waited. Mr. Lee approached, dusting off his sleeves as he looked up at me and then noticed Dara.

"Well this is an unexpected surprise." He stated. I nodded but cut striaght to the chase.

"The storm! It hit the church." I exclaimed. He sighed.

"It seems to be traveling faster then expected. It wasnt suppose to make it to the church for another week." He shared.

"Thats what I thought but things have changed. Know of any abandoned buildings that are avalible?" I asked. He sighed. I turned to look at Dara to see she didnt see who I was talking too but didnt question anything. Mr. Lee began walking toward Mrs. Kwon's tomb and knocked. I motioned for Dara to stay as I followed Mr. Lee to Mrs. Kwon's tomb. Mrs. Kwon appeared and then looked at the two of us then spotted Dara.

"Well, I can see why you kept her around. She is a beauty." Mrs. Kwon stated.

"Not now, Mrs. Kwon. The church has been.... invaded. They need a new place to stay." Mr. Lee shared. Mrs. Kwon took another glance at Dara then smiled.

"Well your lucky I like you Jaejoong. There is a place that is empty. Its at the top of the sky scraper just to east. Its pretty high up so Dara would be safe to be left alone if you need to leave." She shared. I nodded.

"That will due! Thank you both for your help." They bowed, knowing I was going to leave now. I turned to walk toward Dara, noticing Lucy was dancing around Dara. Dara couldnt see her or the other ghost around which was for the best. No reason to have her freaking out after the day we had. Dara approached me, seeing I was ready to go.

"So..?" She asked.

"We are moving to one of the sky scrapers. It will be safe for us. Till we find a more permanite location." I shared. I looked toward the place we would soon be moving too then looked at Dara. She looked a bit worried.

"What is it?" I asked. She looked up at me with a sad expression on her face.

"I am sorry about the church. I know you..."

"Dont worry about the church! It's just another building." I uttered. She nodded.

"Are you ready?" I asked. She nodded as she wrapped her arms around my neck again and I wrapped my arms around her waist. I held her close to me as my wing sprang from my back and I jumped us up into the air. We were now off toward the sky scraper to rest till Mr. Lee gave me the info I was seeking for.