The Burning Light in a world of Darkness

Angel Of Darkness

So I know you all enjoyed last week's chapter so much that it was your favorite chapter. I am here to prove to you that this is your favorite chapter!

Enjoy! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

For the first time after that day in the apartment, I had finally had a good nights rest. I was sure I had slept for a good eight hours on the cold floor but it didnt matter. I opened my eyes too see Jaejoong had been holding me through out the night next to him. His breath would brush against my skin, keeping me warm as his arms held me tight. I looked at the features of his face with the last bit of light from the candles that still burned. Most had burned out, leaving the melted wax behind but what was left burning was just enough light for me to admire the angel that lay with his arms around me. He looked so at peace as he lay asleep, holding me to him. I snuggled closer to him, wanting to feel his warmth. He reacted, holding me closer. I smiled, knowing even in his unconsciense state he made sure to hold me. I looked at his hair. It was stained red from the blood that bleed from the winged creature. I shivered as I thought of the beast that nearly had me meet my maker. Jaejoong had saved me once again, but the feeling of seeing death in the eyes of that creature made me realize that I had come very close to seeing my end, to live in the after life. I escaped death but how many times would that possibly happen before death finally does take me? I shook my head to stop myself from thinking on that. Jaejoong stired, opened his eyes and looked at me. I smiled at him.

"Good morning!" I greeted him.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked me in his raspy morning voice. I raised my hand and caressed his cheek.

"Enough to gaze at you while you slept for a bit." I shared. He smiled at me and leaned to me and kissed my nose. We laid there for a bit, just looking at one another as he held me in his arms. We listened to the world around us before we thought about moving from where we lay. After awhile Jaejoong let me go and got up to his feet before helping me up on mine. He then began to clean up the wax off the floor where they had melted as I began searching through our packs for food. As he cleaned up the wax and put it in a jar which we used to store the excess of the wax to make more candles for later, I found that we were down to two cans of chicken noodle soup and a can of green beans. We had nothing left after that. I turned to Jaejong who heard my sigh of disapointment.

"We will need to go out for supplies I take it?" I nodded as I took a can of chicken noodle soup and opened it with a pocket knife we had found. I the portable stove and began cooking the can of soup. It would have to serve us both for the day till we found more. Jaejoong laid out the candles to count out what we had left, finding that we had used most of them up in these last few days.

"I suspect we have no choice in the matter." He uttered as he came to sit next to me. We were living off borrowed time and supplies and we were running out. This place was only to be a place to stay till we found somewhere else to live. But we couldnt live without supplies. I stirred the soup seeing the noodles began to soften. It seemed to take its time to cook. I was use to not eating alot but Jaejoong had spoiled me when we lived in the church. Now I was back to reality. How I wish I had made sure to make emergancy packs for the both of us, to make sure that if anything had ever happened we would have something to survive on. Thankfully I still had my one bag from when I left my family, in search for supplies. I began to think about my brother, how he was probably out looking supplies, wondering if he would face the same fate I supposebly had. How my mother cried over the loss of both her husband and daughter and wondering when her son would one day never come home. I let a few tears escape my eyes but I quickly dried them with my sleeve. I seemed to be just as emotional as she. Jaejoong wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him as he kissed the top of my head, rubbing my arm as he held me close.

"We will find them and they will be happy to see you again. I promise." He whispered to me as he confort me. I hoped he was right, that they would be alive and happy to see me. I didnt want to think what could have happened if anything had.....

"Stop thinking! They are fine, and probably wondering about you. So stop and lets just focus on living." He always knew how to make me feel better.

"Your right!" I uttered as I returned to stir the soup. It was now done. I turned off the stove and used the fabric of my clothes to take the can off the stove and poured the soup into two cups. Jaejoong made sure I got most of the food, leaving with him with just a little bit which I knew no human could possibly survive on. But he wasnt human. He was an angel! I always had to keep reminding myself that. He drank his noodle soup in one gulp and set his cup down. I slowly ate mine as I watched him pack the bags we had with what we had.

"What are you doing?" I asked him between spoonfuls of soup that I would stuff myself with.

"I think we should keep moving. If we stay in one place for too long we will find ourselves in a difficult situation." He shared as he packed what we had left. It wasnt enough to pack but one bag. I finished my soup as he had waited to pack the portable stove which had finally cooled off enough for him to pack away. As he zipped up the bag I rose to my feet and came to him. He looked at me and smiled, holding out his hand to me. I took his hand as he stood next to the door and listened for anything. Nothing! He then slowly opened the door to a small crack too look out. Nothing had changed. He turned to me and nodded. He opened the door and we made our way out. We were quiet as we made our way out. We stayed low so nothing could see us through the windows of the toy shop. Jaejoong looked through the windows, peaking his head over the toys that still stood in the window. Nothing but ruins in the streets. He turned to me and nodded. He opened the door and we left the place. Jaejoong held my hand tight, making sure not to let me go but to lead me through the city. I made sure to keep my eyes on our enviorment as well as where I was stepping so not to make any sound. We walked down the street for a while. Stopping at certain places to find supplies. Most of the places we stopped were pretty much picked over by other survivors but some were from the bags of the dead that lay in the streets or in the buildings we entered. Jaejoong tried not to let me see the dead but I had come to a few, finding their things. One which I had came to recgonise. He was one of the people from my group. I couldnt tell from looking at him but when I looked into his pack I found his pocket watch. He was not much older then me, a young man who carried his grandfathers watch. I covered his face with his pack, knowing I couldnt burry him so I did the next best thing that I could. Jaejoong watched as I did this, knowing that I found someone I knew.

"I am sorry!" He uttered.

"Jaejoong...... Do you think.... you think he's at peace now?" I asked. He shifted in his spot as he thought about it.

"He is in a better place now, away from death and fear." He shared with me. I nodded. I stood up and turned to Jaejoong. He held out his hand out to me again. I took it and left the area with him, leaving a friend which I only knew from my group in the ruins of the building and began looking for a place where Jaejoong and I could stay for the night.

 

We had walked through the city, down many streets till finally we found a fabric store. Jaejoong motioned toward it scilently so too keep quiet. I nodded and we moved toward it. He carefully broke the lock and opened the door. We both entered and shut the door behind us. The store was lifeless but the fabrics still had their color, their softness and looked as if the world had never changed much like the toy story except for the dust. We made our way further into the store, avoiding the windows up front. Jaejoong motioned to stay put as he searched further through the store. I waited for him as he asked, looking around me and listening for anything odd. My eyes caught the sight of the many beautiful fabrics. I turned to one next to me and touched it. It was so soft that I couldnt stop touching it. Jaejoong soon returned.

"We are safe here." He shared with me.

"Where shall we set up?" I asked. He smiled and took my hand, dragging me further into the store. I followed as he lead me down a few ilse till we came to a beautiful bed that had soft pillows and even a blanket and matress.

"Its not much, but if we take it off the weak bed frame you can sleep on it." He explained. I turned to him.

"We can sleep on it!" I corrected him. He scratched his head.

"Dara, its not a big matress."

"As long as you hold me close to you, it will hold us both." I stated. He didnt argue anymore. We set our things down, moved the matress from the bedframe and laid it on the ground. I took some fabrics from the many racks and layed them on the ground around the matress as extra support if we moved in our sleep. He placed some candles out on a few shelves after moving the fabris so not to start a fire. I watched him as he lit the candles. His hair was still red but it seemed with every day, it was fading back to black but the blonde that had appeared was gone. Jaejoong hadnt seen his reflection in so long, I guess to avoid seeing what wasnt there anymore. I unpacked the small stove away from all the fabris and began cooking the green beans as well as a can off chopped tamatoes. Jaejoong found some chairs and a small table and quietly brought it to the area we were going to be staying. It was like a small living area. It was nice, despite how much I knew it wouldnt last. We ate in silence but that didnt stop us from looking at each other. After we finished he cleaned up the food while I strolled around the place. I found many beautiful fabrics, some soft, some stiff, some that would protect from water and others that were for beauty alone. I came across some fur which I knew was fake but it was thick enough to keep warm with. I ran my hand through the fur, feeling how soft it was. I pulled it off the rack and laid it out. It was alot of fabric. I had learned how to sew from my mother since we had to mend our clothes. I had a feeling that I could use the tools here to make something for Jaejoong and I. I rolled the fabric back up and carried it with me back to the area Jaejoong and I had set up, hiding the fabric near by for later. Jaejoong was changing his shirt, pulling it over his head. I looked his back to see that he had a few scars. It was from the attack from the beast. I slowly apprached and hugged him from behind. Feeling his warm skin against me. He held my arms that wrapped around him. My heart broke, knowing he was injured because he risked his life for me.

"Jaejoong!"

"Yes?"

"Your wings.... Do they hurt?" I asked. He sighed.

"Yes!"

"I want to see them."

"What?"

"Your wings! Let me see them?"

"Dara I-.."

"Please?" I asked again. He sighed. He pulled my arms away and turned to me, looking me in the eyes as he slowly let his wings spread. They had begun to heal but they were not the same. Many of the feathers from his wings were missing and it looked like a huge bite from his left wing was still trying to heal. My eyes began to water as I saw the sight of them. He would not be flying anytime soon and it was all because of me. I looked back at him, seeing how he only watched my reaction.

"Jaejoong. I am so sorry! Its all my fault!"

"Shhh, no it is not. Dont say something like that. You know I do anything to protect you." He whispered to me as he held my hands. I looked at him, seeing he had no regrets in his eyes. I jumped toward him, wrapping my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me to him. He then pulled away and kissed me. My tears continued to fall as he kissed me. I didnt deserve his love but he kept loving me. His kiss deepened and I only wanted more. His wings were still out, bent close to us so not to knock anything over. I could feel my heart beating fast as we both fell back onto the matress. He laid ontop of me now, looking down onto me as I looked up at him. It was then I knew I wanted nothing more then him.

"Do you love me?" I asked him.

"Of course I do." He replied to me as if it was a silly question.

"Then make love to me!" He looked at me, not sure if it was the best of time but I wanted him. So he did. We did! We showed each other how much we love each other. Angel and human together in total bliss with soft fabrics supported us and his wings out in the glory of what was left of them. We were one for a night in darkness, forgeting that the world we were currently living in was dark and dangerous but knowing that the furture was bleak and unclear, we made the best of what we had and made our love the burning light in the world of darkness.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So.......? What did you guys think of this chapter? Better then last chapter right? I thought you guys may like it!

But seriously, tell me what you think! Did I go to far with it? I tried not to give details cause this story isnt rated. If it had details I know i would have to rate it "M" and many readers wouldnt be allowed to read it. So I followed the guidlines of some of my romance novels that dont give details like I would do in most of my romance stories. But if you think I am getting boarderliningly close to being rated "M" please do let me know and I will fix it so I dont pass or hit that point. Trying to keep everyone happy so everyone who is currently reading happy!