Memories (Part 2)/ Talks with a Vengful Spirit!

Angel Of Darkness

So today, I have finished writing Angel Of Darkness. I have spent many nights writing this story and giving you something that I hoped you would all enjoy. I have to say I didnt expect to write so much when I started. But as I kept writing, the story grew and grew. But I have finished writing and I am sad to say you guys are now past the half point today! I really appreciate you guys so much that to celebrate, I will give you three chapters. I could give you all the chapters but I would like to take some time away to rest before starting my next. I think you guys would like it best if I posted every week. So I do hope you enjoy these chapters and tell me what you think cause I am egarly waiting to hear what you guys think each step of he way.

Thank you!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

We stood at the edge which felt like an eternity but Rose told me only a month on earth had passed as we stood there. Many spirits accended the stairs, coming to the gates of heaven. Alot of them would look at us, and Rose would greet them but I just merely stood at the edge of heaven looking at the world below. It was dark, with sparkling lights glittering the darkness like stars. Then the sun would shine over it and I could see colors of blue and green. Even some browns and other hues. I leaned forward, looking closely at the world below when someone's hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. I turned to see Saint Raphael holding my shoulder as he stood next to me.

"You were staring a bit hard there, I thought you might fall!" Saint Raphael the Archangel joked to me as she looked down at the world below.

"Why do you sneak up on me so?" I asked.

"I wouldnt have snuck up on you if you werent concentrating on the world below as hard as you were just a moment ago." He stated.

"I was not!" I argued.

"Oh? But Rose saw me, greeted me and even held a conversation with me while you were lost looking at the world below your feet." He shared. I turned to look at Rose who smiled at me. He liked to be a rightous prick at times and mostly to me if he could help it. Saint Raphael patted me on the back.

"So may I ask what it is that fasinates you with the life on the planet?" He asked. I shook off the question and regained my composure.

"I care nothing for the world bellow. I dont see what's so amazing about it. All Rose or anyone who ever came from it always talks about it." I uttered. Saint Raphael smirked, nodding his head.

"Well I guess someone who has not lived a life would know much about the world bellow. But if you did, you would feel the same as Rose or anyone else for that matter." He stated. I shook off his words like they were nothing but nonscense. They were after all nothing. I turned, looking the Archangel in the eyes.

"Our time here is done. Thank you for your words, no matter how rediculous they are." I stated as I began to decend the stairs back up to the gates. I could hear Saint Raphael speak to Rose before he followed me.

"Please watch over him for me. He is mislead about the world he never got to live." He spoke. Rose nodded.

"I will!" Rose ran up the stairs and caught up with me.

"I dont know why you intend to ignore his words. They are filled with truth you know!" Rose told me. I shook his words off as well.

"Its all nonscence."

 

My words echoed as my eyes flew open. I sat up in the bed inside the fabric shop. Dara still lay asleep as I had awaken so suddenly. Beading with sweat again like before. I didnt understand why my memories haunted me so. I quielty and carefully got up out of the bed so not to wake Dara. She was sleeping soundly and I hated to wake her. I took the clothes that I had stripped off during the night and used it to wipe the sweat off my body. It seemed that my own memories were haunting me like any nightmare would. I looked down at Dara seeing her sound asleep. Last night was a moment I would never forget and it proved all my words wrong. I was in love with Dara and she meant more to me then anything in the world. I proved that the day she was attacked, nearly getting myself killed to save her. My wounds still were not completely healed, and my wings would probably never let me fly again. But if it meant I could live with Dara forever, then it was worth never flying again. I returned to the bed where we both made love last night. Our bodies as one, flesh touching flesh. It was a blissful night with both tears of sorrow and joy. I wanted to stay in that moment forever. I lay watching Dara sleep, seeing why she enjoyed watching me. She was so peaceful. She soon began to stir, opening her eyes and seeing me awake. She smiled as she stretched. 

"Good morning!" She greeted me. I smiled back at her.

"And a good morning to you my love!" I greeted, kissing her forehead. She was happy with that as she snuggled closer to me. She still lay under the fabrics, wearing nothing after we had made love.

"What were you doing up so early?" She asked.

"I thought I might get dressed and start making breakfast." I exclaimed.

"Really? What would you make?" She asked. I got up and looked in the bag we had full of food.

"How about this can of potatto soup?" I asked. She laughed at me.

"One day we will need to have something besides soup!" She stated as she sat up. We both began to get dress as I headed over to start cooking. Dara began roaming the store, gathering a few things as I cooked. I would watch her occasionally, trying to figure out what it was she was doing but the soup had to be watched too. I could hear her fumaging through drawers, touching paper and even cutting something. As I finished making breakfast, I poured it into two cups. I carried both cups as I went to search for her. I soon found her with some kind of two bladed knife cutting fabric and paper at once. She then began to piece the fabrics to gether and used a small needle and thread to piece them together.

"What are you making?" I asked her. She turned to me, seeing that I had caught her.

"I was trying to surprise you." She stated, pouting as I had caught her. I sad down next to her and handed her the cup of soup. She gladly took it and began to eat as I looked at what she had been doing.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well nothing at the moment but when I am done, it will be a winter coat. It will get cold soon enough so I thought I use this time while we are here to make you something warm." She shared. I smiled. This was the first time anyone had did anything like this for me.

"Thank you!" I kissed her cheek which she turned and kissed me back.

"Just wait to thank me when its done." She stated as she set her cup down and continued to work on it. I left her alone as I went to clean up the mess I made from cooking. Dara was concentrating on the coat she was making that I didnt want to bother her. It was a distraction from the real world. I decided that it would be best that I let her be and I would go out for more supplies near by.

"Dara!" I called quietly so only she could hear me.

"Yes Jaejoong?" She called back.

"Im gonn go out for supplies, you fine staying behind?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine by myself." I smiled. I didnt really want to leave her behind but I rather she stay here then go out for supplies with me. I can handle myself against those creatures but I would die if I lost Dara. I gathered a few bags so to carry what I could find and headed out. I made sure that I wasnt seen nor did I make any noise to get myself caught by the creatures, nor did I leave the shop without making sure it was safe for me to leave Dara. I wondered around the city, close by to the fabric shop. I had found a glassed machine that held bags of food. The glass was broken and some of the food had been eaten or had gone bad but what was left that was eatible I packed into the bags. I even found some of the cola's Dara had shared with me before. I packed those as well as I continued searching. I walked down the street till I turned to look down another and noticed a graveyard. It wasnt one belonging to Mr. Lee or Mrs. Kwon but I was sure someone of the undead would help or send a message to Mr. Lee for me. I quickly approached the graveyard, strolling over to the oldest grave I could find. I stood infront of the tomb which was a building itself. I knocked and waited.

"If your looking for Mr. Heo, he isnt there." A voice called from behind me. I turned to find a ghostly woman standing there, fan in hand as she waved it in front of her. She walked around me, checking my stance as she looked me up and down.

"Where is Mr. Heo?" I asked. She smiled.

"Not here!" She stated. I looked at her confused.

"You said that!"

"But its true! He has never been here. His body was never found, so the tomb is empty." She shared. I nodded then looked at her.

"Then who is the eldest spirit in this graveyard?" I asked. She stapped her fan together.

"You're looking at her!" I nodded.

"And you are?"

"I am Hwang Mae Hee! At your service Angel of Darkness." She greeted me, bowing to me in a old custom. I realized then what she was.

"Your a courtesan are you not?" I asked her. She smiled, wipping her fan open again and continued to oogle me.

"I am, or rather I use to be. Now I am a spirit wondering around the graveyard where her body was dumped many centeries ago with no tomb to mark her grave." She shared with me. I realized then she was a vengeful spirit. I decided to make sure not to speak much about anything other sending a message Mr. Lee.

"You know of the cemetary on the east side of the ruined city?" She smiled, nodding only once.

"I do!"

"Then could you have a message delivered to the elder spirit Mr. Lee?" I asked.

"What message should I send?" She asked. I looked at her with a stern face. She seemed to be trying to play her little games most courtesants would do to their clients but I didnt not let her wrap her finger around me. She sighed, pouted as she finaly gave in.

"I'll send your message. What shall your message be?" She asked. I nodded.

"Tell your messenger to tell him, I and my company are wounded, but still alive. If he has found the remaining survivors outside the city, we will need their location." I told her. She nodded. She snapped her fingers and a little boy appeared.

"You heard his message now go!" She demanded the boy which he nodded and left. She turned back to look at me and smiled.

"So your looking for the remaining humans living outside the city?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well if you wanted that information then you could have just asked." She exclaimed. I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" She laughed as she fanned herself.

"Seriously, any spirit could tell you are an angel but you couldnt take notice to the eyes that watched you move through the city today." She laughed some more.

"Are you saying they are near by?" I asked.

"They are but are you sure you want to find them?" She asked. I rolled her question in my mind with the thought of finding Dara's family. What was this spirit meaning when she asked me that. I looked at her again.

"What do you mean?" She smiled, this time she stayed silent, not speaking but only enjoying the mind game she just had played on me. I took a step toward her which she faded into dust, vanishing as her laugh echoed the graveyard. This spirit, vengeful had meaning behind that question but what meaning I did not know. I decided I had over stayed my welcome and began to head back to the fabric shop. I had left Dara alone for long enough.