Memories (Part 1)/ Fragments of the past

Angel Of Darkness

I opened my eyes, seeing a room of white. The walls, floor, door, all of it was purely white. White as snow as a light came from the window. I sat up to see the beauty of what was my everyday veiw. I pulled my covers off of me and began to change. I tore off my shirt over my head and began putting on another. I opened my door to find a familar face in front of me.

"I see you have slept in again Jaejoong!" The man joked as he motioned for me to follow. I smiled and did as asked.

"And you seem to be in a hurry to work so early. Why I wonder?" I asked. He smiled to me.

"Today we are to watch from the stairs, and welcome those who will be joining to live with us." He stated. The angel of long blonde hair smiled happily. I rolled my eyes, sighing as I followed him, now regreting leaving my room.

"What is your facination with the world below. Is human life that great that you long for it?" I asked. He stopped me in the hall, placing his hand on my sholder and staired me in the eye.

"I understand that you have no memory of ever living on earth. Living a mortal life, or you may not have ever been human at all. Possible you always been an angel, but I left alot back down there. There I had many friends, family, and...."

"And Love! Yeah I know. You like to share that with me more then I could possibly bare. But you can still have that here. Your family, your friends..."

"But not love!" He uttered. He walked ahead and I just stood there shaking my head. Yes he would never have his love for she now loved another. His love was now married and had kids. He never married her so the love they once shared was nothing but a memory. I ran to catch up with him and appologized.

"Is that why you changed your name to Rose, giving you an appearance of a female rather the one you had on earth?" I asked. He looked at me with a smile. Never did he answer that question with me. He bore the name Rose, to remind him that as beautiful as life and love was, like any flower, it would wither away and die. I never knew his real name but he was my closest friend. He continued to walk till we reached the gates. He stopped and took a deep breath. I never understood why he and many other angels enjoyed working at the bottom of the stairs leading to heaven. I guess it was the site of home of what was that makes them take a deep breath. I cared not of the world bellow. Why should I? I didnt live the pain that they did. I guess I felt the same as those born an angel and not after death. It was the only thing that gave me a clue what I really was.

"Ready?" Rose asked me. I looked at him, not really wanting to go. I sighed.

"Lets just get it over with so I can do something a bit more productive with my time." I shared. He shook his head at me and walked down the stairs. I followed him. We stood at the edge which felt like an eternity but Rose told me only a month on earth had passed as we stood there. Many spirits accended the stairs, coming to the gates of heaven. Alot of them would look at us, and Rose would greet them but I just merely stood at the edge of heaven looking at the world below. It was dark, with sparkling lights glittering the darkness like stars. Then the sun would shine over it and I could see colors of blue and green. Even some browns and other hues. I leaned forward, looking closely at the world below when someone's hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

I sat up from my bed. Sweat beading down my face as I looked at my surraroundings. I was still in the church, upstairs in the corridor where part of the wall was missing and looked out onto the ruins of the city. I had apparently fallen asleep as I was reading one of the books to search for a way to return. I got up out of the bed and opened the door of the corridor to see Dara was asleep in the new bed I had brought for her. She looked so peacefull sleeping there. I quietly closed my door, staying in my room so not to wake her. I wiped my brow to feel the sweat still linguring. I decided it was time I bathe. I didnt need much so I gathered what I had in the room and took off toward the recreational park that had a still running waterfall, leaving from the open hole in the wall.

I reached the park to see the park's waterfall still working. The water was clean but cold but I didnt let it bother me. Having the water rush over my body was a wonderful feeling. It was one of the things I enjoyed here on earth. I washed my hair, my skin, letting my body soak in the rushing water. It was refreshing. Of course I never stayed long cause the world was never peacefull with all the hellish creatures loose amoung the ruins. I gathered my things and headed back to the church where Dara would be waking up soon. The wind blew through my hair, drying it as I soared threw the air. I soon arrived to the church, gracefully landing in the opening to my room. I walked to the door and opened it to walk down the stairs. Dara was awake, and this time she had cooked for us. I didnt say anything, just watched her as I decended the stairs. As soon as I was next to her she turned to me. She smiled at me but then looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked.

"What did you do to your hair?" She asked. I looked at her unsure what she meant.

"I washed it. It needed to be washed so I did." I answered her. She ran her hand through my hair. Fliping it here and there, checking for something but not sure what.

"Does the color change when you wash it?" She asked me. Now I was confused. I stood up and walked to her new furniture to look at the mirror I had given her to see that some of the ends had lost the dark color and were showing some of the blonde I use to have. I hadnt seen the blonde strands in so long. I had assumed that my hair reflected my soul, dark as my soul after falling from grace. But now, now there, in the reflected image on the mirror, my hair was slowly changing back. Could it be my soul wasnt as dark as I had thought? Could it be that my time with Dara had been healing me? I wasnt sure but I knew what was happening was a small step closer to returning to my home.