GENE 6

Xq28 Gene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GENE 6

The night after they had learnt part of the history and when Luhan know the truth of his mother, he undeniably has mix emotion. Who doesn’t? When he just knew that his mother was one of the rare dominus, that his mother died because she held among the strongest power. Luhan has long accepted living without the love of a mother. He knew how hard for his father to raise him alone, without a wife to do the chores, a wife to love and a wife to share everything. He knew it and that is why he never complained when his father slack in something. The thing that Luhan was grateful the most are, his father never lied about how his mother died. In some way, he didn’t lie, saying that she was murdered because that’s the truth even he didn’t once mention about power or dominus.

“Luhan.” He heard someone call him. Suho was standing in front of his bed, looking at him worriedly. “I’m fine Suho. I was just, shock. You know, after all this years.” Suho sighed. He knew Luhan was sad but he also knew that Luhan is a strong guy. He won’t cry just because he knew how his mom died or because the principal mention about his late mother. He came to conclusion that Luhan said the truth. That he was just shocked with the sudden news. “The others are waiting in the dining hall. Come on, we need to eat dinner then we can walk in the garden. I saw this beautiful bridge at the garden earlier and I want to go there. Are you joining?” Luhan nodded and they went out the room the same time Lay and Kris walked out their room.

“Are you going to eat dinner?” Lay asked and the other two nodded. So they walked together as four and enter the dining hall, scanning for their friends. Baekhyun and Chen were beaming cheerfully at the side of them four, seeing that it’s only them who were missing. They took the vacant seat, Luhan beside Sehun, Kris and Lay next to each other while Suho seat in between Kyungsoo and Chen. “Thought you guys didn’t come.” Chanyeol said, resuming eating his hamburger.

Suho just smile and stand up to buy his own dinner plate, not before looking at Luhan who was still staring into nothing. Sehun nudged the said boy and ask him if he want anything to eat but the latter said he’s full. So Suho, Kris and Lay went to buy their dinner while the others resume eating. Being a thoughtful he is, Suho bought a hot bun for Luhan and insist that the boy need to eat before he had his gastric back. Without other choice, Luhan accept it gratefully. After finishing their dinner, they had decided to tag along with Suho and Luhan, walking around the garden and the bridge Suho mention before.

“It really is beautiful. The water is calm and the flower is pretty.” Kyungsoo said, sitting on the bridge beside Suho. Kyungsoo had noticed that Suho like to stare into the water in their history class just now. So he asked why. “I don’t know. Just like what you said, the water is calm. The sound of the water flowing make me overwhelm. But it’s not just the sound, I felt like something in the water is calling for me. It’s always been water for me.” Kyungsoo, with the addition of Baekhyun and Chen who had joined them minutes ago look at him, as if asking him what he meant. “When I was a kid, I used to cry a lot. My mom said I won’t stop crying until I heard the sound of water flowing. But my parents didn’t really believe that the water could make me that calm. When I was 9, my parents went away for a business and I was alone in the house. Luhan came to accompany me that day but the emptiness does not go away. So Luhan asked me if I want to stay in his house then and I thought maybe if I stay away from my house, the feeling will be better but it doesn’t. At that time, Luhan’s mother was still alive and they had a small fountain behind their house, so she asked me if I want to sit there and I nodded. Hearing the sound of the water flowing made the bad feeling go away. After the occasion, my parents decided to build a fountain for me in our small garden so that whenever I felt alone or sad, I can be there. Up until now, the sound of water flowing help to ease me a lot.”

The other three boys enjoyed listening to Suho’s story. It’s like knowing more about their new friends. They were just playing around when Suho noticed a glow inside the water. He took a step forward but he was held by Baekhyun and Chen. “Hyung, I know you love water a lot but please don’t be crazy, drowning yourselves tonight.” Chen said, worried written on his face. The others had come to them after hearing the ‘please’ and ‘don’ts’ from the three boys. Suho doesn’t say anything and keep on trying to move forward, into the water and their worry increase with the amount of Suho’s steps but Luhan knew him well. Suho won’t do this if there’s nothing inside the water so he asked Baekhyun and Chen to let go of him. They were shocked of course but they trust Luhan, who had known Suho the longest. Upon being released, Suho went inside the water, straight towards the glowing object. He took it out from the water and faced the other 11 boys. “Skandalon” was the only thing he said before he went unconscious.

The next day, Suho woke up with dizziness and he felt weird and weak. He saw Luhan sitting beside his bed but then realized that it’s not his bedroom. “Where are we?” He asked with a hoarse voice. “Oh, you are awake! We are at the infirmary.” Before Suho could asked what happen, the deer answer him. “You went unconscious after you found your skandalon.” Then the door was open, revealing their principal and a few teachers. “Good morning Suho. How are you fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter