THE BLAME GAME

WAIT A MINUTE
Please log in to read the full chapter

After breakfast, Unnie Jessica, Unnie Dara, Mino and I walk to the 4 doors white Range Rover Evouqe in our condominium parking lot. Ride in Range Rover Evouqe is a joy. It is a beast and luxury car. It was my unnie’s car. Mino drives the car while I’m sitting beside him. Unnie Jessica and Unnie Dara are sitting at the backseat of the car. They are talking to each other. If they meet and get together, they will be two talking and gossiping girl machine. Sometimes, they both laugh with their own jokes, which is the response I’d hoped for so that my sister’s Range Rover Evoque doesn’t fell like a quite atmospheric place.

He drives the car with easy and lazy confidence style. He keeps his eyes on the road ahead. We didn’t talk since he looks serious while driving. Or maybe he felt annoyed because our sisters were so so noisy! Ha ha. Chill Mino! :P

After sending unnie Jessica and unnie Dara to ferry terminal, Mino and I walk back to the car. We get in the car. He puts his seatbelt on.

“Krystal, please put your seatbelt on.” He orders. I stare blankly at him.

“What? What did you said?” I ask since I didn’t hear what he says. I was lost in daydream at that time. Maybe because of nervous feeling that I got since only us in the car, I get blank and felt awkward. Now, it just ten minutes already and my heart beats nervously. How about four days more? Am I going crazy after this?

He smirks and lean his body toward me. He reaches his hand for the belt at my right. Our face just inches apart. While he puts my seatbelt on, a smile paste on his face and his eyes are looking at my face.

I frown, thinking this guy will do anything bad at me. ”Why are you staring at me?”

His beautiful smile turns into a frown. “You look ugly when I see you closer!”

I narrow my eyes, look at him with angry face as I am ready to launch my angriness into an angry tirade. Is Mino calling me ugly? “What the hell are you say?”

He pinches my cheek. “Are you on your period or something?” 

“No. I am not!” I answer angrily.

“Don’t make that angry face, Krystal! You should thank me because I want to make you safe.” he says, laughing. Then, he starts the engine and drive to the street.

Then, we go back to my condominium. Sometimes, my eyes shoot up to meet his eyes. I blink at him, and he smiles his adorable smile at me. This was enough to make me happy. So far, this doesn’t sound like a disaster. He flied from NY to Seoul with her noona just to surprise me.  Am I missing something here?

We were back in my condominium around eleven am. After arrive, we watch K-drama in front of the television together. The afternoon light move silently and stealthily through the windows condominium. I want to ask him to hang out together with me since it was bored to death to stay at the condominium. Mino and I maintain a long silence. He is busying playing games in his iPad Air. We are sitting next to each other but no conversation. I had much more to talk to him but I didn’t know how to start it. The silence was an uncomfortable one for me.

“Mino, let’s go lunch together.” I say at last, break the silence.

“I am so sorry. I couldn’t lunch with you today.” Mino replied while focusing on the game he play. It made me feel a little sad. Of course I am not his priorities because I am not his girlfriend and not his iPad Air. I don't want him to go.

 I cling to his arm. ”Don't leave me alone.”

He flashes a smile. “I promise we will go date tonight.”

I sigh deeply. It means I will be alone in my unnie beautiful condominium. While he gets out from his room, I ask him if he want to borrow my Unnie car for a while but he refuses. He said that his friend will fetch him. I ask him, a boy or a girl? He just smile and didn’t answer my question. I suspect that his friend must be Chaerin.

“Krystal, are you okay?” He asks as he looks at me.

“Oh. I am fine.” I replied cheerfully, hiding my frustration inside myself.

“I love you very much, Krystal.” He said warmly and hugs me. My eyes widen with surprise. Clearly I heard everything and it was not a misheard.

“I love you more!” I answer cheerfully.

“I love you the most!” He whispers, kiss me on the forehead. He closes the door and I'm left alone.

I am watching M-Countdown from the television. But I’m not listening to it, or even paying any attention to it.  I sit on the cushion and stare blankly at the wall. I feel like a numb and in pain, although he was just said it.

I shouldn’t doubt his love confession. Just don’t overthink, Krystal. Anyway. I should stop thinking about him with Chaerin.

***

I call Jong In and ask him to lunch with him. He said that he wants to pick me at twelve. I waited at condominium car park lot. Fifteen minutes already but I didn’t see him yet. Then, I see a black VW Beatles GTi approaches car park lot and it stops near me. Jong In went out from the car and came to me. He looks handsome with black shirt and jeans.

“I’m so sorry.” He apologizes for his late and opens the car door for me.

“It’s okay.” I smile and get into the car. Then, he drives the car to the city. He said he want to eat at Jungsik Dang restaurant. The restaurant that he suggests was my favorite restaurant. After we park the car, we take a walk to the restaurant. Jong In is walking besides me

“Why didn’t you ask Unnie Jessica to lunch with you?” He asks.

“She went to Jeju island yesterday with her best friend. Now, I stay with her best friend brother.” I replied.

OMG. OMG. OMG. Why did I tell him about this?

“Excuse me? Her best friend’s brother? You mean the jerk that didn’t reply your love confession? What are you doing with him?” Jong In questions was like non-stops bullets. He is surprises

Please log in to read the full chapter