Was He Really There?

Young Spies

Jinbum screamed in her pillow after her parents told her she was unable to leave her room. Amber sat in a bean bag chair in Jinbum's room and smiled.

    "You shouldn't have said that." Amber sang.

    "Shut up!" Jinbum yelled.

Amber chuckled and pulled out phone to check her messages.

    "You being like your mother won't help your issues." Amber said, unlocking her phone.

    "I know but why did my father turn on me? He always sides with me." Jinbum said, lifting her head from her pillow.

    "I don't know, maybe he's going to start siding with his strict wife." Amber said.

    "But daddy always sides with me. It's not fair." Jinbum whined.

Amber glanced at her phone and stood up.

    "As much as I would love to stay here and listening to your complaints I have other business to attend to." Amber said, putting her phone in her pocket.

    "And what's that?" Jinbum asked, sitting up.

    "Krystal ran out of nail polish and asked me to get some when I return home. My break is in a few minutes so I'm going to go do that now." Amber said, walking out of the room.

    "Tell Krystal I say hi!" Jinbum exclaimed.

    "Will do, cupcake." Amber said, shutting the door.

Jinbum sighed and wondered when she will finally be able to go on a mission. After a while, the sun went down and Yoogeun sat at the dining table, eating dinner with his parents. Taemin fidgeted a bit and Yoogeun noticed that. What does his mother want to say? What does his mother want to know? He watched his mother signal his father for some odd reason. Minho looked at him and Yoogeun stopped chewing.

    "So how was school son?" Minho asked.

    "Did you ask me this question earlier?" Yoogeun asked, swallowing the food in his mouth.

    "Did I? I'm getting old, I don't remember." Minho chuckled nervously.

Yoogeun narrowed his eyes a bit in disbelief but shrugged it off.

    "How was your day mother? I know you were home doing nothing." Yoogeun said.

Taemin looked at Yoogeun and looked shocked.

    "My day was fine until I went into your room." Taemin stated.

Yoogeun looked at his mother and felt his heart drop.

    "Why?" Yoogeun asked.

    "I found some things in there that you shouldn't have." Taemin scolded.

Yoogeun laughed awkwardly and took a sip from his drink.

    "What were you doing with Jonghyun's videos?" Minho asked.

    "What? How dare you accuse me of taking things!" Yoogeun exclaimed.

    "We're not accusing you." Taemin said.

    "We know you took them." Minho said.

Yoogeun chuckled darkly and it scared his parents.

    "You have no proof that I took them but if you do what are you going to do about it?" Yoogeun asked.

His parents were speechless and he took this as an opportunity to leave. He left the dining room and entered his room, slamming the door in the process. Yoogeun crossed his arms and sighed. How is he going to get out of this now? He hasn't even finished watching most of the videos. He opened his sock drawer and pulled out a notebook that was buried by his socks. He opened it and written in the notebook was notes. Not just any notes, but notes from the videos he's watched. They were going to help him get revenge. Revenge? For what?

    "What did I tell you?"

A hand wrapped around Yoogeun's wrist and Yoogeun looked surprised. He turned his head to look at the person that grabbed him. Jonghyun glared at him and pulled him back. Yoogeun put his notebook down and looked at his uncle.

    "Did you not listen to me?" Jonghyun asked.

    "Of course I did." Yoogeun said.

    "Really? Then what was the last thing I said to you?" Jonghyun asked, raising an eyebrow.

    "Oh um. Don't drop out of school?" Yoogeun guessed, hoping it was the right answer.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and let go of Yoogeun.

    "No, that wasn't it, but don't drop out." Jonghyun said, pointing at his nephew.

    "Well none of that matters anyway. I'm going to make my parents pay for what they did to you." Yoogeun said.

    "No, please don't do anything stupid." Jonghyun said, putting his hands on Yoogeun's shoulders.

    "I won't do anything stupid, I'll do something brilliant. I've been taking notes after watching your videos." Yoogeun said.

    "Stop being so den-" Jonghyun started.

    "Yoogeun!" Minho called.

Yoogeun blinked a couple of times and realized he was on the floor. Minho and Taemin were looking down at him, wait where's Jonghyun?

    "Are you ok sweetie?" Taemin asked.

    "What happened?" Yoogeun asked.

    "After you stormed out of the dining room, we came after you and found you were passed out on the floor." Minho said.

Yoogeun looked around for his uncle but he was nowhere in sight. He sat up and stared at his parents.

    "Thank you for checking up on me and I'm sorry for acting like a jerk. I'd like to be alone for a while if you don't mind." Yoogeun said softly.

    "No problem bud." Minho said.

Taemin and Minho left the room leaving Yoogeun to stare at the wall. What just happened? One minute he was talking to Jonghyun then the next he was on the floor. He put a hand on his head and sighed then he remembered his notebook. He got up and ran to his drawer, opening it quickly. The notebook was still hidden under his socks and he sighed in relief. He made sure it was well hidden and he closed the drawer. Taemin paced back and forth while Minho watched him.

    "Calm down." Minho said.

    "I can't! I'm so scared that he'll turn into Jonghyun!" Taemin said.

Minho got up from his spot and hugged Taemin.

    "We'll make sure he doesn't." Minho said.

Taemin and hugged Minho, not wanting to let go.