Shielding Jinbum

Young Spies

Jinbum lifted her head up and saw her mother standing at the doorway. Her arms were crossed and she didn't look amused.

    "Uh..." Jinbum said, closing the file.

Kibum walked towards the her and Jinbum could hear her mother's boots on the carpet, nearing. Kibum grabbed her arm and pulled her up.

    "What do you think you're doing looking at your father's files?" Kibum hissed.

    "Um.. I was just curious about them." Jinbum said.

    "You're not allowed to look at them and I'm sure your father wouldn't want you looking at them either. Now get out of here." Kibum said, pushing his daughter away from the safe.

Jinbum's blood boiled and she turned around to face her mother.

    "You know what? I'm 15 years old and I'm going to be 16 in a few months so you have no right to treat me like a child!" Jinbum exclaimed.

Kibum's eyes narrowed and didn't like the tone his daughter gave him.

    "Don't use that tone with me." Kibum growled.

    "No! Mother, I'm tired of being treated like a little girl. You can't keep shielding me forever!!" Jinbum yelled.

Jinki was rubbing his eyes after awakening from sleep and heard clattering. He opened his office door and noticed his picture frames where on the floor. His papers were flying everywhere and Kibum and Jinbum had bruises on each other. They turned their heads towards him and dropped their fighting stance.

    "Yeobo!" Kibum said, shocked that Jinki was awake.

    "I'm so sorry father." Jinbum apologized.

Jinki just stood there and ran a hand through his auburn hair, examining the messy office. Kibum fiddled with his hands nervously and Jinbum stood still, staring at the ground.

    "So, are you done?" Jinki asked.

Kibum and Jinbum nodded. Jinki sighed and chuckled.

    "I hate you two." Jinki said, and walked away.

Kibum looked at Jinbum and sighed.

    "You're grounded until further notice." Kibum said, walking out of the room.

    "What?!" Jinbum exclaimed.

Jinbum stared out of the window of the car while her father drove her to school.

    "So can you explain to me why you and your mother destroyed my office?" Jinki asked, still not amused with that fact.

    "She was treating me like a child." Jinbum said.

    "But you were looking through my files and you shouldn't be doing that." Jinki scolded.

 Jinbum crossed his arms and sunk in lower in her seat.

    "Jin you know I love you and I'd do anything to protect you. Please tell me you won't look through my files again." Jinki said.

    "Ok father." Jinbum said.

    "And since your mother grounded you, you can't go on your mission Saturday." Jinki said.

    "What?! That is so unfair!!" Jinbum exclaimed.

    "I'm sorry, Jinbum. I don't know what you said to your mother to get her so mad but she told me to not allow you on the mission and I can't disobey that order." Jinki said.

    "Can't or won't?" Jinbum asked.

The car stopped in front of the High School and Jinki turned his head towards his daughter.

    "I don't want to and if I were to disobey your mother, this would be the last time you see me." Jinki joked.

Jinbum nodded and exited the car. She met up with her friends at the entrance and started the school day. Kibum sighed and looked at pictures of his little girl. She's grown up so fast in his eyes and he just can't accept it. Jinki arrived back at the office and found Kibum looking through old pictures.

    "Kibum, we need to talk." Jinki said softly.

    "The years go by fast, don't they? One minute we were falling off the roof of H.Y.U.N, then the next we were welcoming our newborn child into the world." Kibum said, staring at memories.

Jinki kept quiet and walked towards Kibum. Kibum turned around and looked at Jinki, tears running down his cheeks.

    "It's crazy." Jinki chuckled.

Jinki wiped Kibum's tears and smiled softly.

    "You're being too hard on Jinbum. It's not easy being a teenage spy, you know." Jinki said.

    "Unlike you, I'm trying to protect her." Kibum said, harshly.

Kibum noticed the hurt expression Jinki gave but his arrogance kicked in, convincing him he was right.

    "I am protecting her. I'm trying to protect her from your strict ways. Kibum, You can't really expect her to follow your rules forever. She needs to make her own." Jinki said.

    "She's a 15 years old girl!" Kibum exclaimed.

Jinki rose an eyebrow at Kibum's outburst and found it won't be easy to convince Kibum to give up his stubborn ways.

    "You're too laid back Jinki. Jinbum needs strong adult figure who lays down rules around her. You're not doing your job as a parent. She needs a father, not someone who will agree on everything she says." Kibum growled.

Jinki crossed his arms and simply stared at Kibum.

    "I'm too laid back? Well if I remember correctly, I was the one who stopped you from taking Hyukjae's file three times. I spent two whole years planning for our honeymoon! I ing jumped off a building to save your life damn it!! " Jinki rose his voice.

Kibum looked surprised at the tone Jinki was using because Jinki never rose his voice.

    "How am I laid back?!" Jinki exclaimed.

Kibum took a step back and felt the wall right behind him. Jinki took a step forward and stared into Kibum's fragile eyes.

    "Tell me Kibum!!" Jinki demanded.

Jinki grabbed Kibum's wrists and Kibum's eyes filled with fear. Memories of the abuse he endured flooded back and he felt scared. He was scared of his husband and that's never happened before. He felt more pressure on his wrists and he snapped.

    "Stop it Jonghyun!!" Kibum screamed.