Questions

Young Spies

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and got up.

    "Appa?" Kibum asked.

    "Your brother was a gifted person. He accidentally hacked into the governments server for some odd reason and they tracked him down." Kyuhyun said, looking through a pile of papers.

    "They tracked him down?" Jinki asked.

    "What did they do to him?" Kibum asked.

    "Nothing. They recruited him." Sungmin said.

Kibum and Jinki looked surprised, and Kyuhyun pulled a paper out of the pile he was looking through.

    "Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't take you too." Kyuhyun said.

    "I wouldn't allow them to take my baby." Sungmin huffed.

    "If he went to work for the government when I was around, why can't I remember anything about him?" Kibum asked.

    "About that..." Kyuhyun said.

    "You were a clingy younger brother. You always went everywhere Sandeul went and refused to leave his side on many occasions. The day he was leaving, you refused to let him go. You clung to him and you didn't want to let go. When we finally pulled you away, you cried hysterically as he walked out the door and you ran after him." Sungmin said, looking at the ground.

Kyuhyun handed the paper, he was holding, to Kibum and sat down.

    "You ran out of the house, called his name and forgot about the stairs. You tumbled down the stairs and..." Kyuhyun closed his eyes.

    "You scared Sandeul. He refused to leave after seeing you hurt on the floor. The agents told him they were going to miss the flight and he didn't want to leave. God Kibum you were bleeding so much." Sungmin said, shaking his head.

    "Did he leave?" Kibum asked.

    "He had to but he was concerned about you. You were unconscious for a few hours and after that you couldn't remember Sandeul." Kyuhyun said.

    "He would send letters but you wouldn't read them because you grew stubborn. Then one day, Sandeul just stopped." Sungmin said.

Kibum looked at the paper in his hands and saw it was a document saying he had head trauma from a fall he took. He shook his head and put the paper down.

    "Why didn't you tell me?" Kibum asked softly.

Jinki could feel the tension rising as he knew Kibum was about to explode. Sungmin could sense it too so he braced himself.

    "It was for your own good." Kyuhyun said.

    "IT WAS FOR MY OWN GOOD THAT I THOUGHT MY BROTHER WAS DEAD FOR MOST OF MY LIFE?!?"  Kibum exploded.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin cringed, Jinki didn't restrain his wife. Kibum has a right to know why he was shielded from his brother.

    "We were all shielded. In order for him to stay focused on his work he wasn't to have any contact with family." Kyuhyun explained.

    "So it wasn't just me." Kibum said.

    "No, it was all of us." Sungmin said.

Kibum sighed and leaned against Jinki.

    "Then why is he reaching out to Kibum?" Jinki asked, curious.

    "That's what we're confused about. Maybe he's checking up on him after the trauma years ago." Sungmin suggested.

    "Or he's going to break regulations and risk his life to see us." Kyuhyun said.

    "Risk his life?!" Kibum exclaimed.

    "What does that mean?" Jinki asked, raising an eyebrow.

Kyuhyun leaned back into the couch while Sungmin sat up.

    "If he were to leave, they're going to kill him. He knows too much, obviously." Sungmin said in a sassy tone.
Kibum scoffed at his mother's tone and returned it.

    "Well excuse me for not knowing this important piece of information, mother." Kibum spat.

    "Ladies please." Kyuhyun said, crossing his arms.

    "I think that's enough for today. We should get going, Kibum." Jinki said, getting up.

    "B-But I don't know what my brothers like or what he likes or anything about him!" Kibum exclaimed as Jinki pulled him.

    "He's right Bummie. That's enough info for now." Kyuhyun said, standing up.

    "Please tell us if he tries to contact you again." Sungmin said.

Kibum and Jinki bowed and left. The car was quiet on the way back as Kibum refused to talk to Jinki for dragging him out. Later that evening, Yoogeun stared at the picture of his mother and uncle.

    "Why hasn't my mother told me anything about my uncle Jonghyun?" Yoogeun asked himself.

He got up from his bed and walked into the kitchen, where Taemin was at. His hands and the picture frame tucked behind his back.

    "Umma!" Yoogeun exclaimed.

Taemin almost dropped the plate he was holding because Yoogeun scared him.

    "Don't do that, Yoogeun! You scared me!" Taemin said, putting the plate down

    "Mianhae but I have a question." Yoogeun asked cutely.

    "What is it?" Taemin asked.

Yoogeun leaned against the counter and pulled out the picture frame.

    "Who is he?" Yoogeun asked, pointing at Jonghyun.

He knows who Jonghyun is, but he wants so hear his mother's answer.

    "Oh, um... That's..." Taemin stuttered.

Just at that moment Taemin's phone rang and he felt relieved.

    "Excuse me." Taemin said, leaving the kitchen to take the call.

Yoogeun looked suspicious at the sudden nervousness his mother just showed. Who is Jonghyun to his mother? Taemin picked up the phone and sighed.

    "Thank you for calling Jinki." Taemin said.

    "Why?" Jinki asked.

    "Yoogeun found a picture with Jonghyun in it and he asked who he was. I'm not ready to tell him. I'm not ready to tell my precious son about his murderous uncle." Taemin said rapidly.

    "Whoa Tae calm down. Don't worry about it, your son won't turn into Jonghyun." Jinki said.

    "He's very impressionable. How do you know he won't turn out like Jjong?!" Taemin exclaimed.

The other line was silent and Taemin felt scared.

    "Yo Taemin calm down. All we wanted to do is check on you." Kibum said.

    "Wait why are you-" Taemin started.

    "I stole the phone from Jinki." Kibum said.

In the background Taemin could hear Jinki complaining about a bruise Kibum probably gave him.

    "Ok I'm sorry. We're doing fine. It wouldn't kill you to come visit us." Taemin said.

    "Eh, I went all around town today. I'm tired. BYE!" Kibum exclaimed.

Taemin stared at his phone after Kibum hung up. He sighed and put it back into his pocket.

    "Umma! Who is he?" Yoogeun asked again when Taemin entered the kitchen.

    "I'll tell you when your father comes home." Taemin said, kissing Yoogeun's head.

He nodded and exited the kitchen. He scowled once he entered his room and scoffed.

    "I'll tell you when your father comes home." Yoogeun mocked, slamming the door to his room.