A "Happy" Family

Young Spies

    "W-What about my mother?" Jinbum wonders if her father already knows.

    "Are you two getting along better? I've seen the way you two act and you're not spitting venom anymore." Jinki wondered.

    "We still don't get along quite well but we're not fighting anymore. Does that count for something?" Jinbum asked.

    "Somewhat." Jinki wrote in his notebook.

    "Can I go? I was with umma in my room." Jinbum headed towards the door.

    "Yes, don't kill each other." Jinki chuckled.

Jinbum quickly made her way back to her room to find Kibum sipping the cup of tea while Amber was rubbing his back.

    "So?" Jinbum shut the door behind her.

    "It read positive." Amber answered as Kibum was busy drinking his tea.

    "Omg that's great news!" Jinbum exclaimed.

    "Well it's not great news when your husband tells you, you're a terrible mother and no more children unless you can prove to be a good mother!" Kibum barked.

Jinbum rose an eyebrow while Kibum buried his face in a pillow.

    "Wow, looks like you and dad had a nice talk." Jinbum sat down in the chair near her mirror.

    "It was the best." Kibum said, his voice muffled.

    "Well you know the drill, Kibum. You have to go back on your diet for the baby like you did with Jinbum." Amber poked Kibum's head.

    "But I didn't like that diet." Kibum whined.

    "Don't be a baby." Amber mocked, "I'm going to call your doctor and see if I can schedule an appointment."

    "When are we going to start picking out names?" Jinbum beamed.

    "Later, right now I have to check your old nursery to see if there need to be changes. Kibum, tell Jinki, he doesn't need to find out after everyone else knows." Amber said, while leaving the room.

    "My bad." Kibum rolled his eyes.

    "This is so exciting, I get to be a big sister." Jinbum squealed, hugging her mother.

    "It's not all fun and games, I hope you know that." Kibum ran his hand through his daughter's blonde hair.

    "I know, I know. I basically had to raise Yoogeun since his parents were always working."

    "Maybe that explains everything." Kibum said under his breath.

    "What?"

There was a knock on the door and Kibum tensed as Jinki let himself in making Kibum fiddle with his hands.

    "Hey you guys want to go out for a drive?" Jinki offered.

    "Why?" Kibum rose an eyebrow as Jinki isn't the one for drives.

    "I need to get out of here for a while. We could go visit Taemin if you're interested."

    "I have a bunch of homework to do." Jinbum pulled out her bag.

    "You weren't even going to do it. Let's go." Kibum dragged her out of the room.

Minho was in the yard playing soccer with Yoogeun (Yoogeun obviously trying to hurt his father but failing) and Taemin was in the kitchen making dinner.

    "What are you making?" Jonghyun hovered over Taemin.

    "Food." Taemin responded.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and hit Taemin in the head.

    "Rude."

    "Don't you have other people's lives to ruin?" Taemin spat.

    "I already made peace with them, I just need to stop Yoogeun and have you forgive me." Jonghyun explained.

    "I hope you have a great life roaming the earth and popping out of nowhere because I'm never forgiving you." Taemin laughed.

    "But I didn't do anything wrong!"

    "You killed our parents, you threatened Kibum multiple times, held his parents captive, killed lots of people, blackmailed a lot of people, tried to kill Jinki, Minho and their father!" Taemin rolled his eyes.

    "Besides that, I raised you, I protected you, I gave you everything necessary, I... I... I was your brother." Jonghyun tried thinking of more reasons.

    "Yup we were, now you're dead. Oops." Taemin chuckled.

    "Umma, Uncle Jinki and Aunt Kibum are here!" Yoogeun walked into the kitchen.

He stared at Jonghyun and Jonghyun actually feared the boy for once. He didn't before but now Jinki was around which isn't good. Kibum walked into the kitchen along with Jinbum while Jinki was outside with Minho.

    "So how's it going with Yoogeun?" Jinki kicked the ball towards Minho.

    "He tried to kick me in the face with the ball a couple of times but he doesn't know we're on to him yet." Minho kicked the ball back.

    "That's great, keep him thinking you don't know anything." Jinki kicked the ball into the goal.

    "How about you and Kibum?"

    "We're fine but I can't help feeling that he's hiding something from me."

    "How do you know?" Minho asked, retrieving the ball.

Seconds later they heard a squeal followed by a slap.

    "I just know." Jinki sighed.

    "Do you know who's going to run father's company after you retire?"

    "No, I don't."

    "Why not Jinbum?"

Minho kicked the ball towards Jinki then to a drink from a water bottle.

    "I would be fine giving it to her but she's so focused on being an actor or a professional dancer that I don't want her to give that up to run the family business." Jinki stopped the ball with his foot.

They heard the door from the patio open and decided to switch topics.

    "So how about that football?" Jinki chuckled nervously.

    "Oh I love me some ball foot." Minho mixed the words up.

    "Dinner's ready, you two!" Taemin called.

They nodded and Jinki took the opportunity to hit Minho in the arm for that ball foot comment. They sat down at the table with the others to enjoy the food Taemin had prepared.

    "So how about that football?" Minho corrected.

    "Oh shut up." Jinki responded.

    "I thought you guys liked soccer?" Yoogeun was sure his father was a soccer fan.

    "We like a lot of sports." Minho continued.

    "Please stop before you hurt yourself." Jinki pleaded.

Minho glared at Jinki while chewing on his food which Jinki ignored.

    "Jinki, I heard a little rumor about you and Kibum wanting another child." Taemin smiled. There was a sudden bang as Kibum just kicked Taemin under the table, causing Jinki to glance at Minho.

    "That's the rumor and I'll think about it more later." Jinki took a sip from his soda.

Kibum almost chocked on his food after hearing Jinki's response. Jinbum and Taemin looked surprised while Minho and Yoogeun just sat there, almost wanting to laugh.

    "So you guys are thinking about having another kid?" Taemin needed to make sure he heard right.

    "Yes we've been thinking about it. Minho, have you talked to father lately?" Jinki ignored the fact that his wife had his head down on the table in embarrassment.

    "Yup, he's still single." Minho reported.

    "Not surprising actually. I'm sure he'd rather focus on his family now as his love hasn't died out for mother. Jinki wiped his mouth.

    "That's for sure. He's even got a little shrine for her, it scares me." Minho lowered his voice.

    "A picture with candles around it is not a shrine, Minho."

    "It's creepy in my book."

    "Then get a new book."