Regrets and Symptoms

Young Spies

Jinbum reached the fifteenth floor when she was greeted with a hug.

    "Your father said guard the building not outside. You had me so worried and what are you covered in?!" Kibum exclaimed.

    "Looks like syrup." Jinki said.

    "Why are you two up?" Jinbum questioned.

    "Your mother checked for your location and noticed you weren't in the building." Jinki scoffed.

    "You were tracking me?!"

    "Only because I was worried about you and I love you," Kibum wiped his eyes, "Now go take a shower and get that syrup off."

Jinbum nodded and noticed Kibum's uneasy face, as he tried to get the syrup off.

    "Umma, are you ok?" Jinbum asked.

    "Yeah it's just the smell of syrup that's making me nauseous." Kibum brushed it off.

To add to that, Kibum quickly rushed to the bathroom while Jinki shrugged.

    "I didn't know umma didn't like syrup." Jinbum looked at her father.

    "I didn't know that either. I guess you learn something new everyday." Jinki almost pat his daughter's head when he remember about the syrup, "You should definitely go take a shower."

Jinbum nodded and left for her room to get some clean clothes. Once she grabbed her clothes she noticed the bathroom was open and saw Kibum was looking for something.

    "Are you looking for something, umma?" Jinbum asked.

Kibum drummed his fingers on the counter and looked at his syrup covered daughter.

    "H-Have you seen the...pregnancy tests?" Kibum asked.

    "No! Don't accuse me of being pregnant because I don't have a-"

Kibum pulled his daughter into the bathroom and shut the door.

    "Keep your voice down, child. I know you haven't done anything bad, I need to know if you know where they are." Kibum looked panicked.

    "Why?" Jinbum was scared by the expression her mother wore.

    "Do you?"

    "I think Appa threw them out last week." Jinbum tried remembering.

Kibum covered his face with his hands and counted to ten.

    "Umma, are you..." Jinbum kept her voice low.

    "No! Maybe? I don't know. I'm trusting you not to say a word to your father." Kibum put his hands on his daughter's shoulders. 

    "Ok, ok. Can it be a girl please?" Jinbum pleaded.

    "Not another word." Kibum hissed, leaving the bathroom.

Jinbum squealed then covered , waiting for her mother to come back to scold her. Yoogeun was outside in his backyard playing with the soccer ball when his mother checked up on him.

    "I'm glad Jonghyun got him home safe and sound." Taemin said.

    "He threw balloons filled with syrup at Jinki's building! That boy is going to get in so much trouble." Minho ran his hands through his hair.

    "At least we know Jonghyun is keeping an eye on him." Taemin put a hand on Minho's shoulder.

    "You're right. I hope he doesn't get into more trouble." Minho kissed Taemin's head.

Jonghyun sat on the roof while staring at Yoogeun, wondering what happened to the sweet boy he once was.

    "If only I wasn't so stubborn I could've gotten help and be with my family. I could've babysat Yoogeun and Jinbum when their parents went out. I could've gone and cheered for Yoogeun at his soccer games and Jinbum's dance recitals. I wanted to hold baby Jin then baby Yoo but it's all my fault. I'm sorry Taemin."

He could've been the uncle the kids loved more than their parents but that didn't happen, because when he closes his eyes all he sees is Taemin's broken expression and the gun. Jonghyun shook his head and was determined to make things right with everyone, no matter what. Yoogeun was busy wondering what he really wanted, revenge or what? He knew he was a good kid when he didn't know about Jonghyun, maybe he wanted more attention? His mom and dad do work a lot and they barely saw him and when he started acting out they've spent more time with him. He shook his head and chuckled, what a weird theory. Days pass only making Kibum worry more about his situation. Kibum paced back and forth in Jinbum's room while the teen laid on her bed.

    "Umma, why are you pacing?" Jinbum asked.

    "If you were in my shoes, you would pace too." Kibum sighed.

Jinbum rolled her eyes and sat her mom down on the bed.

    "Is this about the new baby?" Jinbum was concerned for her mother.

    "Maybe... Where's Amber?!" Kibum looked towards the door.

    "Amber said she would be back soon. Don't worry." Jinbum rested a hand on her mother's shoulder.

As if on cue Amber walked carrying a plastic bag and a cup of tea.

    "What's the tea for?" Kibum asked.

    "It's for when reality sets in." Amber placed the cup on Jinbum's dresser.

Kibum nodded and admired Amber's readiness. Amber pulled out a box from the bag and handed it to Kibum, making him cringe slightly.

    "Jinbum!" Jinki called.

Jinbum looked at her mother and saw him sit there, frozen.

    "Coming father!" Jinbum exclaimed, "I'll be back."

Jinbum left her room and went to her father's study.

    "You wanted to see me father?" Jinbum poked her head in.

    "Yes, I want to discuss the damage and what you saw a few days ago." Jinki said while writing in a notebook.

    "Ah that. Who would do such a thing? Syrup, seriously?" Jinbum sat down in a chair.

    "Yes, did you see anyone?"

    "There was this kid I chased down the block. I couldn't see his face though, I'm sorry daddy." Jinbum pouted.

    "No, it's fine. I just wanted to make sure you were observing, now onto the subject about your mother." Jinki looked at Jinbum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait!