Investigating

Young Spies

Yoogeun was fast asleep enjoying his dreams when his dream suddenly just vanished.

    "Yoogeun."

Yoogeun's room disappeared into darkness and he looked confused. He turned around and saw someone appear a few feet away.

    "Who are you?" Yoogeun asked.

The person just stood there and stared at him. Yoogeun noticed the person's lasagna hair and his eyes widened.

    "Uncle Jonghyun?" Yoogeun asked.

    "Wow you've grown up so fast, Yoogeun. I just wish I was there to watch you." Jonghyun said.

    "Wish? What happened?" Yoogeun asked.

    "I'll show you." Jonghyun said.

The dark room was replaced with Jonghyun's memory of that fateful day. Yoogeun saw Taemin's angry, tear stained face as he held the gun. He looked shocked that his mother killed his uncle.

    "I was killed by the one I cared for and protected the most." Jonghyun said.

    "Uncle Jonghyun, why did she kill you?" Yoogeun asked.

    "Because I did some things I shouldn't have, things I'm not proud of." Jonghyun said.

Without thinking about anything Yoogeun ran towards Jonghyun and hugged him.

    "I'll make sure you'll be remembered. I promise." Yoogeun sai.

    "Yoogeun, please don't." Jonghyun said.

    "No, I'll make sure nobody forget you and the things you've done. So I'll do anything to find out more about you." Yoogeun said.

Jonghyun looked at Yoogeun and felt like he was looking at a mini Taemin but looked more like Minho. He shook his head and covered his eyes to prevent Yoogeun from seeing him cry.

    "Yoogeun, you're going to be late." Taemin said, shaking his son.

Yoogeun opened his eyes and growled.

    "I don't want to go." Yoogeun said, covering his head with his blanket.

Taemin looked shocked, never did his son complain about school.

     "What?" Taemin asked.

    "I'm not going to school until you tell me about that guy in the picture." Yoogeun said.

Taemin sighed and called Minho. Minho walked into the room and kissed Taemin's head.

    "It's time to tell him." Taemin said.

    "Yeah." Minho said.

Taemin sat on Yoogeun's bed and Yoogeun uncovered his head. Minho sat on the other side of Taemin.

    "You remember I told you about my twin, Taesun." Taemin said.

Yoogeun nodded and Taemin gave a small smile.

    "Well Jonghyun, the guy in the picture, is also my brother. He was my older step brother." Taemin said.

Yoogeun pretended to be surprise because he knew who Jonghyun was.

    "He was a great brother but he did unspeakable things." Taemin said.

    "What kind of things?" Yoogeun asked.

    "We really shouldn't be talking about this. Get ready for school." Minho said, kissing Yoogeun's head.

Yoogeun frowned and sighed. That's not what he had in mind but he'll take it. He nodded and got up to dress. Once his parents left the room, his blood boiled and he didn't know why. He threw his bag on his bed and threw his clothes around. Is it because his parents like keeping secrets from him? He's 13 years old, he can handle secret. Yoogeun picked up his phone and called his cousin.

    "Hello?" Jinbum answered.

    "Can you sneak into your parents office and see if they have any information on Jonghyun?" Yoogeun asked, looking at the picture frame.

    "Jonghyun what?" Jinbum asked.

    "Um..." Yoogeun said, taking the picture out of the frame.

On the back of the picture Yoogeun noticed writing. Kim Taemin and Kim Jonghyun XXXX was written in black ink.

    "Kim Jonghyun." Yoogeun said.

    "Ok I'll do that in a sec. Jin out." Jinbum responded.

Yoogeun hung up and put his phone away. He was not going down without a fight. Jinbum applied her eyeliner the way her mother taught her and bat her eyes looking at her reflection.

    "Pretty in pink." Jinbum said to herself, examine her pink attire.

She wore a pink shirt, white skinny jeans and pink high tops. Her hair was in a pony tail and she gave herself a small smirk as she exited her room. She went to the door that lead to F.I.S.H and went up the elevator to her father's office. With her luck her father should still be asleep, she just needs to keep an eye out for her mother. Once the doors opened she peeked around the corner to make sure the coast was clear. She swiftly made her way down the hall and stood in front of her father's office once her grandfather's office. She looked around and walked into the office shutting the door behind her, quietly. She the flashlight on her phone instead of using the rooms lights and put her free hand on her hip.

    "Now if I were my father where would I put my safe?" Jinbum asked herself.

Jinbum looked under the desk and found nothing. She looked behind every picture of her, and her mother hanging in the office, nothing. She scratched her head and looked towards the cabinet behind the desk. She noticed some books where out of place and it bothered her.

    "How many times do I have to tell my dad to put things back where he got them from?" Jinbum huffed.
She picked up a book from the desk and placed it back in its spot. Something clicked and the cabinet opened. Jinbum looked surprised but not too surprised, her parents were spies after all. She saw a safe and noticed it wasn't shut all the way.

    "Oh father." Jinbum smiled.

She bent down and opened the safe completely  seeing a few files peeking out. She started looking through the files and sure enough she saw a file with the words Kim Jonghyun. Opening the file and taking out her phone, Jinbum started to take pictures of the information and send it to her cousin, as requested. She didn't question why Yoogeun wanted the information but should have. Yoogeun smiled as his phone beeped with incoming messages from his cousin. He scrolled through the pictures he received and gave a devious smile, and Taemin happened to catch him smiling like that. Fear ran through his mind but Yoogeun was a boy, all boys do bad things right? It's normal isn't it? Jinbum was about done taking pictures of the file when the lights in the room, causing her to freeze in place.

    "What do you think you're doing young lady?"