Meeting the parents

Teacher? No... he`s my husband...

“You… got… to… be… kidding… me…” Yoseop`s jaw dropped.

Doojoon smiled innocently at the front door while drawing his hand forward in an attempt to help the smaller boy carry his not-heavy-at-all school back, “Your mother had been telling me that you walk to school all alone and I think it is my responsibility to make sure that you are safe”

“Responsibility my …” Yoseop spat, turning around to lock the door and it was a sign of him not wanting the other man to help him with his bag.

“I can punish you for using that word, Yoseop-shi” Doojoon withdrew his hand to his side and stood slightly closer to the boy.

Scoffing slightly, the student started to walk on his usual path to school, ignoring the standing teacher. However, before he could walk away, he was pulled back to the other`s side.

“Where do you think you are going?”

“School… where else?”

“Then…? You expect me to let you walk when I already arrive here with my car?” He said pointing at the silver car parked right outside the Yang`s resident.

Yoseop almost whistled at how the car looked, very sporty and he would die to get into it. But, ego always won against brain in his case so he brushed the feeling of dying-to-get-into-the-car away. “I have been walking ever since-”

Without waiting for the boy to finish his sentence, Doojoon pulled him towards the car.

That was how Yoseop find himself in the sporty car, sitting in silence like an obedient boy while Doojoon whistled happily beside him.

“Where are your parents?”

Yoseop glanced slightly at the teacher beside him before turning his eyes back to the front. Why does he feels like the journey to the school seems further compare to when he walked? “They never be at home”

“Really…?”

“Yesterday… it has been exactly 9 days since the last time I saw them” He said, sounded slightly sad.

He didn`t know why but it seems easy to talk about sensitive things with Doojoon. Is it because the man will be sharing his life after this or merely because he is the teacher that Yoseop respected so much?

Doojoon looked at Yoseop for a seconds and he sighed softly. He knew that the boy had been living alone.

He is Yoseop`s class teacher since last year. He knew the boy well enough especially when Yoseop is the head of the disciplinary board that he`s responsible for.

“I think the next visit they will make is on our weeding day and after that I didn`t know when will I meet them again”

“Well… at least now you have me, right?”

The smaller between the two blinked his eyes at Doojoon. “Mr. Yoon…”

“Just call me Doojoon when we are not in school…”

“Um…” It seems very awkward for him to call his teacher with his first name, “Why are you looked… okay with this? I mean… we didn`t even have time to know each other well and we will get married in… 3 days… from now”

Doojoon make a turned and their school can be seen soon enough, “How do you want me to react towards you?”

“I don`t know… It just that… This is not right. You must at least show some rejection regarding this matter…”

“I told you before, right? I have waited-”

“I know and you don`t have to remind me about that” Yoseop sighed in exasperation, “Don`t you feel insecure? This is not right. You… marrying your student is not right. It is not illegal but your-”

“You read novels too much, Yoseop”

“That is not my point. What I was trying to say is that, don`t you think of what people at school will act like when they knew about this?”

“We just have to keep this as a secret then, right?”

Yoseop rubbed his face harshly. This man beside him is so frustrating for him to handle. At some point he just wanted to punch some sense into the man`s head, not caring either he is a freaking teacher or what.

“Why are you so worried, by the way? You will be finishing school in 2 months, your final starts nest 2 weeks” Doojoon asked, “I should be the one who have to be worried.

“How can I not be worried? I have my own life, you know? I have friends… I have ambitions… I have dreams…”

“I never said I will restrain you from achieving your dream…”

“Then… what about you…? What about your life? I haven`t even met your parents when we`re supposed to get married soon”

“That`s why you`ll have to come with me after school to meet them”

“W-What…?”

Doojoon chuckled, “Yoseop… we will have our meeting today with my parents… I hope you don`t mind that…”

“What do you think you`re doing…?” Yoseop sighed. He leaned back against the seat, “Why does this have to happen to me? Why me…?” The students almost shouted in the car.

While the smaller kept throwing out his tantrum, Doojoon just stayed silent, laughing silently at the cute attic. He purposely drove through different route so that they will take longer time to reach their school.

“When will we meet your parents?” Yoseop asked slowly.

“Right after we finished school”

“And I am supposed to meet them wearing this school attire?”    

Mr. Yoon smiled very mysteriously and Yoseop pouted because one, he knew that the teacher will not answer his question and he had to find the answer himself and second, they already arrived at their school.

For some reason, Yoseop felt like he wanted to ditch school that day and go somewhere with Doojoon.

~~~~~

“I heard that you went to school with Mr. Yoon today. Why is that?”

Yoseop ignored the question and kept on doing his Physics` worksheet. He knew that the students will be talking about his arrival to school with the teacher. Who goes to school with their teacher nowadays?

“Yang Yoseop…” 

“Shut up and do your work”

“Why are you ignoring me? I just asked me a question that you can answer even when you`re writing on the paper” Yifan whined.

Yoseop flipped his text book, pretending to find the answer to the question that he already knew just so it looked like he was doing… something. “Am I not supposed to ignore you?”

“Could you drop our thing to the side and just answer my simple question? The students had been talking about you two”

“About me and who…?”

“You and Mr. Yoon”

“And what exactly they have been talking about me and Mr. Yoon?”

“They said that you`re having an affair with him”

“Are you nuts?”

Yifan gritted his teeth slowly, not wanting to make any noise when the whole class was in silence, “Then… you seems like you really enjoyed his company”

“He is my board`s teacher and our class teacher”

“That`s doesn`t explain a thing”

“He is my favorite teacher”

“But still… you really closed to him until he pick you up at home and drop you at school is it?” Yifan asked sarcastically.

Yoseop stayed silent and scribbled some on his paper because he knew there was a certain someone that had been watching him ever since the class started.

“Yah…” A nudged at his arms and Yoseop glared at Yifan.

“Could you stop bothering me?”

“Just answer my question then…”

Shaking his head, Yoseop continued to fill the black space in his worksheet. “As if you`ll believe in me if I told you the truth”

“Try me…”

“He meets me at the bus stop and offers a ride”

“That`s a bull”

Yoseop glared again, “I told you so…” He spat.

Yifan sighed and started to do his work. However, it is very hard for him to concentrate and when he looked up, he saw that their Chemistry teacher, their class teacher, Mr. Yoon Doojoon was staring at them.

~~~~~

“Yoseop… can I walk you home today?” Yifan asked, taking the boy`s arm into his.

“No…” Yoseop said sharply and pulled his hand away, “I have something to do” He said, remembering his promised with Doojoon to meet his parents. He walked towards the school front gate slowly.

“What is it that you have to do? We don`t have any homework for today and I am sure that your parents isn`t at home”

“It is something that you didn`t have to know about”

“But I can help if you tell me what the thing that you have to do”

“No…”

“Yoseop…”

“Just go back home, Yifan. I don`t need your help”

“But-”

“Go…”

Yifan huffed his breath and followed the smaller boy, “Yoseop… you`re still angry at me, don`t you?”

“Shouldn`t I be angry at you?”

“Okay…” Yifan nodded, “I am sorry for my mistake, okay? Can you please forgive me for once? I promised that I will not do it again. I just can`t-”

“Yifan…” Yoseop stopped his track and turned to face the taller boy that he had once swooned over so much. For some odd reason, he seems not to have any feelings towards the boy anymore. “Can you please stop?”

“Yose-”

“We are over, okay?” Yoseop beamed, “I hope you will find a person that will make you happy forever. I can`t do that for you because after what had happened, after what I saw, I just can`t-”

Yifan held Yoseop`s hand tightly, “Please forgive me, Yoseop. I am so sorry. I was so stupid for not be good enough for you. We have been together for so long and I don`t think I can go on without you”

“We can never work, Yifan. There are things that will not let us be together…” Yoseop said, desperately wanted to tell the other boy about his marriage but he knew it was impossible.

“I love you, Yoseop. You still remember our promised not to leave each other, right? I still hold onto the promised. I want you back. I want you into my life back. After this we will leave school and we can continue our relationship into further and more serious one”

Yoseop shook his head. He looked down at their intertwined hand and sighed, “It will be one sided love, Yifan.

The taller looked so shocked with the simple statement, “You… You don`t love me anymore? I…Is it because of the… one kiss? Yoseop… I am so sorry… I never thought that-”

“Yifan…” Calling out very softly, Yoseop pulled his hand from the warm grasp, “I am sorry… but I don`t love you anymore…”

~~~~~

“I am sorry about you and Yifan…”

Yoseop looked at Doojoon and after a good 5 seconds of silence, he faked a gasped, a playful one perhaps to heal his own broken heart, “You did spy on me, don`t you, Mr. e”

“Hey… watch your words. I am still your teacher…”

Laughter rang in the car and Yoseop clutched his stomach for laughing too much, “I am kidding… How do you know about me and Yifan?”

“Well… I told you before that the school is full with gossip girl and Yifan is one very popular boy with his title as the basketball captain. You are also very popular but they called you the scary chipmunk because you are small for a disciplinary board student”

“They called me a what?”

“A chipmunk”

Yoseop gasped again and then he pouted very hardly, “I am so going to punish them later on…”

“You can used your power like that because if I knew-”

“I will do it without you knowing it”

Doojoon chuckled softly.

Yoseop looked at the outside and noticed that they were going on a way that he`s not familiar with. Where is it that Doojoon`s parents live because this is far from the school. Is it at other side of the country?

However, Yang Yoseop couldn`t just keep his mouth shut so he decided to just ask like a curious little kitten, “Where are we going anyway?”

“Hmm…?” Doojoon hummed, “You will see soon…”

“I am not familiar with this part of the city… Where is this?”

“You will know soon…”

“That is not even an answer” Yoseop said, pouting again.

And Doojoon did nothing other than smiling at him.

~~~~~

Yoseop`s lips are totally shut. He was speechless. It is actually very rare since he is very talkative. It is just his eyes kept on following Doojoon`s movement and when the teacher kneel, he couldn`t help it but to do the same beside him.

Doojoon smiled softly and he laid the bouquet of flower onto the cement of the two closed graves in front of him. His right hand moved at its own accord and it`s caressing the tomb slowly.

The teacher kept in silent and his eyes started to get wet. No tears spill but one can tell how hard he was trying not to cry. His facial expression soften and he slowly took Yoseop`s hands left hand into his right.

“Omma… Appa…”

Yoseop`s heart break into pieces when he knew that Doojoon`s parents had long gone when the teacher was studying in college by reading the date on the tomb.

 He never knew about the teacher`s past. He never asked. And he felt so ashamed for not being very considerate towards the man before when they were talking about Doojoon`s parents.

“Today… I brought your son in law”

Yoseop looked at the two tombs and slowly, he felt like crying river. He tightened his grasp on Doojoon`s hand and scooted closer.

“He is so cute and beautiful at the same time” Doojoon whispered, “Thank you for arranging this marriage. Thank you for finding me such a great spouse to take care of me forever”

At the same time, the student beside Doojoon had been sniffing and sobbing like a baby. He tried hard not to sob too loud that will disturb Doojoon. He kept on looking at the tombs despite his blurred sight.

Doojoon smiled wider, “Omma… Appa… I hope that you both will always be there for us after this. I hope that I will always have your strength to face any difficulties that we will have to go through after this. I hope that you both will love me and him equally from now on since he will be part of my life after this”

The evening wind blew softly and both of them looked at the sky for some reason. It was as if they were waiting for some answer for the hopes that Doojoon had been telling.

And the soft and breezy wind blew again, as if they received the answer that they wanted.

Doojoon smiled, knowing that his parents had listened to his words and slowly, he looked at the sobbing mess beside him. Chuckling deeply, he cupped the small face. “Why are you crying?”

Yoseop whined and sniffed hard. He wiped his tears with his free hand and looked at Doojoon, “Why didn`t you tell me about this…?”

“How can I tell you…? Hey Yoseop, you don`t have to bother meeting my parents because I lost them already when I was still in college. Like that?”

Pulling his face away, Yoseop playfully punched the teacher`s shoulder, “I mean you should at least tell me so that I will not talk to you about your parents so leisurely like before”

Doojoon shook his head while caressing the boy`s hand that was still planted firmly on his own hand, “It is okay… now that you have met them, don`t you want to say something?”

“Uh…?”

Doojoon gesture towards the tombs, “They are watching us… Say something to them… They are your parents also…” He said softly.

Yoseop blinked his eyes and looked back to the tombs. Sitting straightly, he his lips, thinking on what he was supposed to said, “Um… Omma… Appa…” He called out.

Doojoon hummed in delight approvable. He felt the urge to move closer so he did and they were shoulder to shoulder.

“Um… After this, you both don`t have to be too worried. I will take care of your son. I will do my best as his wife and I hope that both of you will accept me as your son in law”

Doojoon have to smile hearing the boy said the word wife. It sounded so natural and he loves it.

“At this moment, we didn`t really know each other so well but don`t worry, I will do my best. We will do our best to know each other and love each other so much. Hopefully, you guys will always be there for us if something happen”

“Omma… Appa…” Doojoon called out and Yoseop quickly shut his lips. “We hope that you both are happy living in heaven and don`t forget about us later, okay?”

Yoseop smiled, a single tear rolled down on his chipmunk cheeks. How much he felt honored for having a husband like Doojoon. Now he knew why Doojoon never once question over this marriage thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here it is... Another update... How is it?

Don`t forget to comment, guys..

Love, Mera