1 The Letter

I Like You

I held the envelope in my hands, eyeing it in disbelief. Written neatly on the front was "Andrea Flower" followed by my address. But no return address. I flipped it over seeing if the return address was on the back, but sighed when faced with blank starch white paper. Thwarted with suspicion I slid it on the dining room table and took a seat in front of the letter. 

"Should I open it?" I was surprised to hear my shaky voice ring out through the silence. As if answering my own question, my hands involuntary picked up the envelope and rippped it open. Inside was a single piece of paper. Typed within one paragraph was these words:

"Hello, I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to appear in a South Korean reality TV series based in Seoul. Attached below you will find a first class ticket to Seoul that leaves tomorrow morning at 10 am. I presume you will not be late. Go to Customer Service and inform them that you are Andrea Flower. You will be provided with more information then. Sincerely, A Friend"

I was shocked. I racked my brain trying to recall a time when I ever submitted an audition to be cast on a TV show, but I came up with none. But more importantly, what made this person think I was just going to up and leave for South Korea just because a letter told me to?  He, or she, had no leverage in this situation, I had no reason to comply. As this thought crossed my mind, a bright post it note on the fridge caught my eye. It was my mother's handwriting,

"Honey, your father and I have recieved tickets to a month long cruise! We recieved word that you will be traveling to South Korea, so we decided to go. In the sock drawer is $200, please be safe. We love you!"

It seems that I have found their leverage. I slammed my fist onto the table. This didn't feel right, and I wanted no part of it. What was this show even about? I wish my mysterious benefactor would've provided more details. My caution was soon overpowerd by pure curiosity. It wouldn't hurt to go to the airport tomorrow, I could go to customer service, get the information, and leave. $200 would last me a month, and I was not obligated to go just because my parents expected me to. But just in case, I better go pack. 

I got out an old suitcase my dad once used on business trips. It had been ages since I had traveled. I crammed clothes and toiletries into the suitcase, forcing it zip when finally packed. I exhaled and fell back onto my bed, staring at my ceiling. This was almost too much, I hated being in the dark of things. I just wanted answers. Laying there, my eyelids began growing heavy. Tomorrow I would be getting those answers, I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

I am so sorry about the short chapters. I hope to make up for it by updating alot. I hope you liked it! And don't forget to comment! Thanks! ^_^