Hide n Seek- Continued

I Like You

Sorry it took so long for me to update. I encountered writer's block and it took my 3 days to finally write something that I felt was worthy for you! I hope you enjoy! Thank you! :-) 

 

Jr's POV

 

Andrea had managed to get herself stuck up in a tree. She clung to the trunk, straddling a branch about halfway up its length. Eyes squeezed shut, she whimpered and moaned completely terrified.

"Aish! I wish you would have mentioned your fear of heights BEFORE climbing up the tree!" I groaned, exasperated. I rubbed my face, trying to think of a way to get her down. "Can't you just jump? You're only 10 feet off the ground. Surely I can catch you." I lied, it looked at least double that.

"Noooo." Andrea whimpered, opening her eyes just to give me a scared look. I sighed. She was interesting, that's for sure. Suddenly Andrea screamed. "Ah! Spider!" Before I could fully comprehend what was happening, she flung herself from the tree free falling towards the rocky earth. I scrambled to catch her, which I thankfully did. She immediately wrapped her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. Our faces were only inches apart. I could feel her warm breath mingle with mine. I took the time to inspect her in more detail. Her eyes were grayish blue with flecks of yellow around her pupils. Light freckles were splayed across her nose. She smiled that sweet smile. "Thanks for catching me." I was now staring at her lips.

"Uh huh." I said absent mindedly. They were petitie, yet full. Such beautiful lips for a beautiful girl...

"Park Jinyoung let go of Andrea right now!" I looked over to see everyone, except Mark and Jackson who were missing, staring at me angrily. Surprised, I let go of Andrea, allowing her to fall to the ground.

"Ow! Jr that hurt." Andrea got up slowly, holding her lower back in pain. I quickly apologized.

"I'm so sorry! They scared me." I looked over to the others, trying my best to convey "I'm-going-to-kill-you-all-later", "What the hell was that about?!" I said through gritted teeth. Yugyeom's face was red with anger. Bambam and Jaebum was holding him back.

"Why I oughta..." Yugyeom said coldly when Bambam hurriedly interrupted.

Sorry Jr hyung! We just saw you holding Andrea so intimately and Yugyeom became jealous." Bam smiled cutely at me and I felt my anger instantly drain away. 

"Oh no, it wasn't like that! I was in the tree and saw a spider. Jr just caught me." Andrea waved her hands defensively. I frowned. Why was she so quick to explain to Bambam? Was I that bad? No. It suddenly clicked: they way she looked at him, how she always made an effort to talk to him, and the smile she got while in his midst. Andrea liked him. My stomach dropped. It was only day two and Bambam already had Andrea's heart. I turned around and began walking back to the house, unable to remain in Bambam's presence. Taking a look over my shoulder I was disappointed to see Andrea too busy talking to Bambam to notice my leave. In fact, only Jaebum looked at me as I left. I turned to face forward and quickened my pace. 

 

Back at the house, I headed straight to my room. Turning off all the lights and pulling down the blinds until my room was pitch black, I stripped down to my boxers and crawled into bed. I felt tears run down my face. I bit my lip, feeling pathetic for letting myself become attached to Andrea so quickly. I had already learned in the past to always keep people at a certain distance. In the past year, only my fellow group members have breached my high security walls. Yet somehow Andrea managed to tear them down in the 5 minutes it took for her to introduce us. And they way she could tell something was wrong at dinner.. It was incredible. Only one other person has been able to do that, only-

No. I must not think of her. There's no need to bring back my past. She is gone, only a painful memory in the back of my head. 

I buried my head into the pillow, crying myself to sleep.

 

Andrea stood in front of me, arms folded tightly across her chest. She seemed angry, yet I did not know why. We were outside, back in front of the tree wherebshe had got stuck in earlier. Yet now it was night and a cold wind flung her hair around crazily. She was saying something, but the wind was howling so loud that I could not hear her. I tried to get closer, tried to yell to tell her to speak louder, but I remained still and mute. My curiosity became unbearable when suddenly the wind stop. It was now silent and her words cut through the air like knives.

"Why couldn't you be more like Bambam? If you were, maybe you would have a chance with me." Her words were cold, her face contorted into a disgusted scowl. I cowered in shame. Her scowl deepened. "Have you no pride? Quit pitying yourself. Your worthless, what ever gave you the idea that I would ever like you?" Now the tears came. In waves, with choked breaths and chest wracking sobs accompanying them. I couldn't breath. Seeing this she laughed. "Go ahead die. I never wanted you here anyway. Get up." I was confused now. What do you mean get up? I wasn't on the ground. "Wake up. Jr, wake up! Wake-"

"Up!" I woke up to Andrea's face once again inches from mine. "Oh thank god! Are you okay?" We were alone, the others must have been elsewhere. Andrea was straddling me, and I couldn't help to think about how such few layers were between us. My eyes almost bulged outside of my sockets when I realized she was only in a t shirt and underwear.

"Where are your pants?" She leaned back causing me to groan. 

"I was in the middle of changing when I heard you screaming. I didn't want to waste any time. Sorry." At that moment I began to feel extremely embarrassed, as did she cause she got off of me and instead sat on the bed next to me. I quickly covered myself with the comforter. 

"It's okay. I just had a nightmare." Looking at her, I couldn't help remembering how her pretty face had looked so disgusted in the dream. My heart began to ache dully in my chest.

"What about?" She sprawled out next to me, turning to her side to better see me. I could see sincere concern in her eyes. 

"It's no use in talking about it. Just a bad dream."

"Please." In just that one word Andrea packed a hard punch. I sighed in defeat. 

"It was about a girl I like." I began carefully, hoping not to give it away. "She told me that she could never like me unless I became more like Bambam. Then I began choking on my own tears, but instead of being concerned, she told me to go ahead and die." I ended quietly, shutting my eyes in pain just remembering how cold she was. 

"That sounds horrible.." Andrea reached out and began my hair. Although the action was motherly, I couldn't help but feel a pang of love towards her. I smiled slightly. "I am so sorry Jr. To be honest, the things I like about you most are the aspects about you that are different than Bambam, cause honestly you two are a lot alike." She giggled, making my heart flutter. 

"Really?" I was honestly surprised. Maybe I had been wrong about her liking Bambam.. or maybe I was right.. or what if she did like Bam but was developing feelings for me? It was definitely possible, and oh how I wished it was the case. She nodded.

"Yes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having him around. But sometimes it feels like having a little brother with you. With you, that's different. Although we're four years apart I just feel connected with you." She paused to think. "I don't know. I just haven't felt like this in a while." As though just having thought of something she perked up, smiling widely. "Ah, thank you so much Jr!" Without any explanation she leaned over and kissed me softly on the cheek. "I hope you sleep without anymore nightmares Jinyoung oppa." She breathed in my ear, cause a shiver to run down my spine. I laid there almost paralyzed with shock as she sprung off the bed and quickly headed out the door. I reached up and placed my hand on the spot Andrea just had kissed. I imagine I must've laid there for hours, my hand on my cheek and a silly smile on my face. I just couldn't help it though. This was a big step. 

 

Jaebum's POV

 

"She kissed you?" I repeated not able to believe my ears. "Like on the lips? While only in a t shirt and underwear?!" I was utterly confused. I had not expected for her to switch lanes so quickly. What exactly was Andrea doing?

"No it was on the cheek. But still. It was something." Jr breathed. Ever since he approached me Jr has had a sloppy smile and far off look in his eyes. I shook my head, he was impossible.

"Stop drooling and get yourself together. You're going to make a fool of yourself if Andrea sees you like this." I snapped, suddenly angry. I wasn't used to bejng confused and that I was. I thought it'd take a month as the very least for Jr to woo Andrea. But two days?! I shook my head again. There must've been more to it. "What if it was just a friendly thing?" As if to prove my theory, Bambam trudged towards us, head down. 

"No." Jr whispered, suspecting the same as me. "Good morning Bambam." Jr smiled, but I could see it was forced. This was the mess I was hoping to avoid. But of course Jr somehow gave Andrea the idea to confess to Bam. 

"Jr..." Bambam looked as if he really wanted to say something important but instead finished with, Goodmorning, how are you doing." 

"What the hell did Andrea say to you?" I deadpanned, not wanting to waste time making small talk. Bambam's face flushed. Jr looked as if he got shot. I sighed, "She told you she liked you?"

"What? No. She told me that I need to act more mature." Jr's ears perked up at this. "Although I believe she does like me. But I guess she doesn't care that I'm cute member Bambam because now I need to be mature handsome Bambam. She's so bossy." He whined, crossing his arms and pouting his lips. I laughed, relieved. 

"I know!" Jr teased playfully. "Always tells me what to do like she's my mother." This caused Bambam to giggle. "I could never imagine you not being cute Bam." 

"Yeah, and neither can I. What a random remark to make. Do you have any idea why she would say that Jr?" I asked innocently.

"No, not really. I mean she was telling me one of her favorite things about me was how mature I was.." He trailed off, a mutual understanding coming between Jr and myself. Bambam looked confused.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing Bambam." Jr left the room, and Bambam followed, asking what was wrong. 

Andrea sure knew how to wrap people around her finger without even trying to.