Gimme

I Like You

Youngjae's POV 

"Dinner's ready!" I heard someone call down, "Please actually come this time hyung." Ah, it was Bambam. I turned the music up hoping he'd get the message.

"Come one Youngjae, you have to practice more." Talking to myself had become a strange habit. Wiping my forehead with a cloth, I began dancing once again. I went over my parts for the showcase over and over again. 

It must've been an hours later when the door opened again and footsteps pounded down the stairs.

"Youngjae." I looked up to se Yugyeom standing behind me, arms crossed tightly across his chest. Ignoring him, I continued practicing. I was about to hit the chorus of Gimme when the music cut off.

"What the hell?!" Yugyeom took my iPod out of the dock and slipped it in his pocket. A scowl was fixed on his face.

"Get upstairs now. Andrea refuses to let us eat until you're there, and I'm hungry."

"I need to practice." I said defiantly. He scoffed. Without saying a word he reached over, grabbed me by the ear, and began leading me upstairs. "Get off me! I'm your hyung! Listen to me!" Ignoring my pleas he flung me into the living room.

"You listen carefully," Yugyeom snarled through gritted teeth, "There is two reasons why I'm doing this. One, Andrea is worried about your health. I hate to see her worried. Two, I haven't ate all day because of schedule. I want to eat. Now. You're the only person stopping me from doing so. Jr made Daenjang jjigae and it smells delicious." I nodded shamefully. I don't want anyone worried about me. I guess I do spend alot of time either studying or practicing...

In defeat, I followed Yugyeom up to the dining room. Everyone, except Andrea,  looked agitated and hungry. Once Bambam saw me his eyes lit up.

"Ah! Youngjae oppa~ Can we eat now Andrea?" Andrea met my look with a smile.

"I'm so glad you've finally decided to join us," Looking relieved she took a seat, "Yes Bam, you can eat now." Grabbing a ladel, she began dishing out stew for everyone.

"Won't it be cold by now?" Kim whined. Jr rolled his eyes.

"No Eunji. Andrea put the pot on a hot plate. I hope everyone enjoys my Daenjang." He bowed his head. I sat down in between Andrea and Jr, looking down at the stew. My stomach growled. Greedily, I grabbed my spoon and ate. It was delicious to say the very least. I thanked Jr quietly. Andrea leaned over and whispered. 

"I knew you were hungry." I tensed, remembering just the previous day.

"You spend all day practicing and all night studying. That's not healthy. You need to do a better job taking care of yourself." Andrea had me cornered in the kitchen. She stood over me, looking very much like a mother. 

"It's not like I'm starving myself ." I scoffed, turning my head to avoid her pressing stare.

"Youngjae," She kneeled down in front of me and cupped my face in her hands, "You might be able to fool everyone else, but you can't fool me."

 The next morning, I was once again in the basement, dancing. 

"You work hard, but going through the whole album's cchoreography.. that's a whole different level." Jaebum stood beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's nothing. I need to do 'Stay' again." I walked over to my iPod and changed the track.

"Okay. I'll go through it with you." Nodding, we lined up facing the mirros. Jaebum was our leader, and he worked hard as well. His black hair stuck to his forehead. I pushed myself harder, suddenly feeling the need to prove myself.

Next thing I knew, everything was black.

 

Jaebum's POV 

Missing a step, Youngjae fell on the hardwood floor.

"Youngjae are you okay?" I kneeled next to him, shaking him lightly, "Youngjae? Youngjae! Wake up!" I shook him harder, but he still did not respond. Scooping him into my arms, I rushed upstairs. "Someone call an ambulance!" I yelled at BamBam and Andrea. Andrea quickly got out her phone and called.

"Yes, I need an ambulance. He's unconscious and won't wake up," she looked up at me, "Is he breathing?" I nodded, "Yes he's breathing. Please hurry!" Andrea hung up.

"Here, set him down here." Bambam said worried. I laid Youngjae on the couch. "Will they be here soon?" Bambam inquired.

"Yes. What happened Jae?" Andrea stood next to us. Bam wrapped his arm around her waist. I raised my eyebrows. 

"We were practicing choreography when he collapsed." Bambam nodded. We waited in silence. I sat beside Youngjae, smoothing his hair with the palm of my head. The ambulance finally arrived and loaded him up. I badly wanted to go, but Choi convinced me not to.

"I'll let you know as soon as he is stable. Then you can all visit Youngjae." I nodded reluctantly.

Jr's POV

That evening we ate in silence. There was still no news of Youngjae's condition. Andrea's eyes glinted with fear and she only pushed the food around her plate. The silence was overbearing and maddening. It was finally ended when Andrea got up suddenly,

"May I be excused?" Andrea muttered, looking at Jaebum pleadingly. He nodded. She took off. Concerned, I got up aswell.

"Can I be excused also?" I asked. Kim shot me a pained look. I chose to ignore her. Chasing after Andrea, I grabbed her hand.

"Get off of me!" She turned and swung at me. I barely dodged her punch.

"Sorry! It's me." I raised me hands nervously. Horror washed over her face. She grabbed my hands and bowed.

"Oh god. I am so sorry. I thought you were- please forgive me. Did I hit you?" I felt myself blush. Andrea looked so stressed and worried. I shook my head.

"No, you missed me. What happened to make you want to hit someone?" I asked, eyebrows raised. Andrea let go of my hands, looking awkwardly at the ground.

"I-I thought you were Jaebum.." she looked up but continued to avoid my eyes.

"What happened?" I pressed on.

"Nothing.. I can't tell you." I took a step towards her, she took a step back. This continued until Andrea's back was against the wall.

"Tell me. Why can't you?" I forcerd her to look at me. She groaned.

"You'll be upset with Jaebum.  I don't want discord between the group," Placing her hand on my chest, she pushed me aside, "Besides, Jaebum can tell you if he wants to. I have no right to tell." She stepped around me, and I let her. Andrea's tone was intimidating.

"Did you hook up with him?" I called after her as she made her way down the hall. Laughing she said,

"Don't worry Jr. If I choose to hook up with anyone, it'll be you." I chuckled. Even though I knew she was messing with me, it made me happy. I began walking back up to the dining room when Kim stopped me.

"Choi called. Youngjae is awake." She muttered, lips pursed tightly.

"Okay."

"What's your problem?" Kim grabbed me by the elbow, bottom lip jutting out. She looked up at me through half lidded eyes. A year ago, I would've caved by this but now her aegyo just seemed annoying. Crazy how much things have changed.

"Quit looking at me like that," I huffed, tearing my arm away from her grip, "My problem is you. I know what you're trying to do. But it's not going to work. I am never going to love you again." Kim flinched at my harsh words. I looked away from her, feeling slightly guilty.

"I know. I've known since I realized how much you love Andrea," she whispered softly. I was surprised to to see a small smile playing at her lips.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm happy for you. Plus, I think I found someone else." When she looked up, her eyes were glistening. She smiled widely, and I smiled back.

"That's great Kim."

"Thank you. I would've never imagined Jaebum being the one for me.." I didn't even hear the rest of what she had to say. Jaebum? With Kim? When did this happen? I brushed past Kim, ignoring her calls. I entered the kitchen to see Jaebum and the others cleaning up from dinner. I slammed my fists against the counter. Everyone turned to look at me, startled.

"What the hell Jaebum? Kim? Out of everyone you chose Kim?" I felt the lava in my words. Jaebum sighed and calmly sat down the bowl he was drying.

"Why do you care?" He said. This made think. Why do I care? I love Andrea.

"I-I don't want you to get hurt." I reasoned. Jaebum looked at me suspiciously.

"I'm sure I can take care of myself." He said coldly. I nodded, the anger quickly burning out. But really, what made me so angry to find out about Jaebum's relationship with Kim? It was none of my business.

"Yes. Of course." I said weakly, a blush forming in my ears.Bambam chuckled. 

"We probably should finish quickly so we can go visit Youngjae." Bambam reached over and handed me a rag.

"Yah, start drying Jr." Jackson teased ruffling my hair.

 

A/N

I am so sorry that it has been a while since I've updated.

I hope you continue to support me.

I love you all 💕

Fighting!