Chapter 8- When the unni came back.

I'll Always Be Here (sequel to falling in love with my caretaker's bestfriend)

 

 

I could see Jaejoong's amused expression as he watched me getting dragged inside by Jay. I frowned and sit on one of the bench, while Jay is off calling Jessica. 

"Is she an important person in your life?" Jaejoong suddenly asked.

My head turned to him, who's now looking at me curiously.

"She was." i mumbled.

Jaejoong didn't say anything else afterwards. I guess he could see the betrayed expression in my face. 10 minutes later, Jay came back. This time, he's holding the hand of a skinny looking girl. My eyes widened in realization. It's her. 

Jessica's lips curved into an uneasy smile as they got closer to me and Jaejoong.

"It's been a while, ___ah." she finally said without her cold-sharp tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Something has changed. She looks so weak and pale compared to 7 years ago, where even her glares could make someone cry. She's more mature, that i am sure but the gentle expression in her face is very unfamiliar to me. I just sat there, staring at her.

"___." Jay called me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and returned to my old self.

"yeah." i shortly answered her.

"Mick--" Jessica was  about to asked me about Micky oppa when i cut her off.

"He left. He left me just one day before you left. I called you back then, hoping to get a hug from my unni that i trust the most. But then, i found out you left me just like him." My words came out like a dagger, stabbing her.

I can see her eyes widened in shock before her hands cover .

"Oh my god, ___. I'm so sorry." she said.

Jay motioned Jaejoong to leave us. I stayed silent while jessica decided to sit next to me.

"I didn't know." she said.

"You would if you picked up the phone." i said.

"I had to leave, ___. I don't know how you'll react if you know." she said.

"why?" i asked her, tears glisten in my eyes.

"Why did you leave?" i finally broke down.

Seeing her face that used to console me, and her presence, i really miss my sister even though we're not biologically related. We grew up together and she has always been a sister to me, taking care of me when my parents are busy.

"I was sick." those three words caught me by surprise.

"sick?"

"I had to undergo surgery. It's a 50:50 chance and i didn't know if i'm going to make it or not. I can't tell you cause i know you'll get your hopes up and if i didn't make it, i couldn't rest peacefully, knowing how devastated you'd be. But i never thought that micky would left too. i didn't know. I'm Sorry,___." She said while looking at my eyes. 

"unni..." was all i had to say to break the icy-atmosphere between us.

She hugs me and both of us smile.

"I really am sorry, ___" she whispered.

"I'm sorry too, unni." i said.

"awww~" jay's annoying voice break our sisterly hug.

Jessica stand up and slap his head.

"You really have to ruin my moment with my little ___ huh?" she said.

And i giggled.

Jay and Jaejoong looked like they saw a ghost. 

"what?" i asked.

"You giggled." Jay said.

"so?" 

"nothing." jay smiles and turns to glare at jessica.

"THAT HURT!" he whined.

"C'mon, ___, let's dump jay and his boyfriend. We should catch up." she grabs my hand and drags me away.

"I'M NOT HIS BOYFRIEND!" i can hear Jaejoong scowled.

***

2011/10/30 Sunday

by seoulchae