Chapter 17- Another meeting?

I'll Always Be Here (sequel to falling in love with my caretaker's bestfriend)

 

 

Months passed and not one day i forgot about Yoochun though i can feel the pain slowly subsiding. Jaejoong and I were going on a date- that's what he insist on calling- to the nearby coffeeshop. Entering the shop with the sound of the bell, we kept chatting and ordered our usual drinks before we find ourselves a seat.

"You should've seen--" i stop talking when i saw someone standing behind Jaejoong.

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows and turned around only to find Yoochun standing behind him.

"hi." Jaejoong uneasily smile, his eyes kept glancing at me.

I abruptly stand up and was about to leave the scene when Yoochun suddenly grabs my hand and stop me.

"I need to talk to you,____-ah" he said in his gentle voice.

I let out a bitter laugh as i looked at his eyes.

"Now you remember me? What about that 'i don't know you' thing you did?" i asked him.

"I'm sorry i was--"

i cut him off.

"What? Scared that i'll hurt your wife? That i might make a scene at your perfect wedding? Afraid that your wife might found out that you left me just like that? do you even know what happened to me that day?" I said to him.

He looked at me and sighed.

"Please, can we talk? It won't be long." he said.

"Only if Jaejoong oppa comes too." i said, looking at jaejoong who nods in approval. 

***

I sat there, listening to how he was sorry for leaving me and join the gang and how he somehow forgot about me and marry Haneul. Before i break down, i feel jaejoong's hand on mine, gripping my hand tightly as if he's giving me strength and support.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you that bad." Yoochun ended.

I scoffed, earning a surprised stare from him and Jaejoong.

"Sorry? Sorry won't make up the time i spent in misery. Sorry won't turn back the time. Sorry won't return the years i spent waiting for you." i spat.

"____-ah..."

"Do you have any idea what happened that day?" i asked.

He stayed quiet.

"It was supposed to be MY BIRTHDAY. I waited for you. i waited for everyone to come. Guess who came? Only Jay oppa. Do you know why? Because apparently my so-called boyfriend suddenly decided to leave me on my birthday, my best friend hides fact she was sick and went abroad, and my parents died on a plane crash. And you think sorry will make it any better?" 

He looked at me in shock. I guess he didn't know about my parents and Jessica.

"Oh my god,___ i ididn't know.." 

"psh. so what if you knew? You're going to delay your departure?" i asked sarcastically.

Then silence overcome the three of us as we sat at the corner of the shop.

I finally sighed, knowing how useless it is to fight with him.

"I don't know what's in your mind, Yoochun. I waited for you. The very least you can do is tell me about your life, tell me that you've moved on. The pain, when i waited for you is unbearable. But i guess it's all worth it, huh? I've gotten stronger now. I'm not the crybaby that would cry whenever i got hurt a little." i said with a sad smile.

"I really am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you that bad,___..." Yoochun sighed.

As the tension subsided, i find myself smiling at him which he replied with a small smile.

"I missed you, Yoochun. I used to miss you as a lover but now, i think i miss my best friend...." i said.

He stand up from his seat and hug me.

"I miss you too, bestie." He whispered, breaking the wall i've created all this years as tears fell down endlessly.

Jaejoong watched me and Yoochun with a smile planted on his face. I looked at him and smile.

"i'm okay." i mouthed.

he shook his head and smile.

"i know." he mouthed back.

I know i'll be fine. If Yoochun didn't left me, i wouldn't have met Jaejoong.

I wouldn't fell in love with him.

***