Chapter 1- How we met

I'll Always Be Here (sequel to falling in love with my caretaker's bestfriend)

 

 

His eyes expressed heart-aching pain, even I can feel the agony he's in right now. But something else attracted me.

His longing eyes, his desperate eyes that searched for love. 

I had to resist myself from closing the gap between us and comfort him in a warm hug i used to give to my best friend, Jay Park whenever he was sad. His lips curved upwards as he shakes my hand. A fake smile to hide his sorrow.

Just like me.

"Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong." his clear voice startled me.

Jay looked at me weirdly when he noticed i was spacing out.

"uh, ne, i'm Lee ____" I said with a fake smile that even Jay can't noticed.

I saw a flicker in his eyes for a second and for that short time, i was scared. 

Did he finds out about me faking the cheerful tone in my voice?

"How long will you be here?" Jay asked while i decided to sit next to him, fiddling with my iPhone.

"Few weeks, maybe more... " jaejoong flashed him a half-smile that i would give to Jay whenever he brought up 'the' sensitive topic.

And without realizing, i've blurted out.

"Why are you here?" causing the latter to look at me.

"huh?" he asked and being a retard i am, i repeated the question.

"Why are staying in our house?" 

"Don't meddle with people's business, ___" Jay reminds me and i just nod, biting my lips.

"sorry." i mumbled, feeling a rush of guilt when his sorrow eyes stared back at me.

"No worries." he just smiled.

"So, what are you going to do here?" Jay tried to change the topic, considering the awkward atmosphere is building up.

"I don't know... lazing around i guess... " Jaejoong grins at Jay.

"well, i'm a bit busy but you can ask ___ to take you around, since we all gonna be housemate anyway." Jay said.

I bit my lips to stop the laughter from coming out of my lips when i saw his eyes widened in shock.

"you live here too?" he asked.

I just nod. Well, technically, Jay has been with me since forever. My parents trusted me to him when they left with his parents and never came back. I've been living with him, under the same roof for years now and i've gotten used to it.

"I know what you're thinking. No, we're not dating. We're just best friend." i said and he nods in understanding though the shock is still reflected in his eyes.

Jay chuckled and pat my head.

"Well, i better go now, ___. Let's go, Hyung." Jay said as he got up from his seat and grab a coat.

"Take care." I mumbled as i saw both of them exited the house.

Kim Jaejoong, you are one unique man, i must admit. A good actor, a great actor i say.

What are you hiding?

***

2011/10/17 monday

by seoulchae