Of New Beginnings

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Polyjuice potion.” Sehun declared after sniffing at the small bottle the imposter carried around in his cloak. I should have known. Chanyeol scowled, “Who are you and how dare you make use of my fabulous body?” The boy clamped his mouth shut till all that remained of his lips were a thin straight line. “Your body is hardly as fabulous as mine, Yeol. You’re too straight… unlike me. S-LINE.” Sehun scoffed, placed his hand on his waist before jutting out his . Kyungsoo stifled a laugh as Sehun turned back towards the imposter, “Answer his question you copy-cat. You can tell us who you are now and we’ll punch you and let you go… Or, we can wait till the effect of the Polyjuice potion wears off and find out who you are. We’ll still punch you… but a bit harder.” Chanyeol interrupted, “We will also unleash the fury of the Monster on you.” Sehun nodded, agreeing to Chanyeol’s plan, “So choose wisely Chanyeol-but-not-Chanyeol.” The imposter gulped and shifted his eyes around the room helplessly.

 

“W-What M-Monster?” The impersonator squeaked. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol smirked as Sehun started a bout of evil laughter. His eyes were rolling back into its sockets as a line of drool flowed from the corner of his opened mouth. “Monster is your worst nightmare…” Chanyeol whispered with a manic expression on his face. “It’s true.” Kyungsoo smirked. The boy on the floor whimpered in fear. “Monster’s pure evil… he has big hairy pincers and the worse thing is…” The impersonator’s eyes widened as he awaited Kyungsoo’s big reveal with bated breath. “The beast has eight legs…” The boy shaking in fear let out a high-pitched scream before Chanyeol stuffed a sock in his mouth to shut him up. He was now tearing slightly, though Kyungsoo was unsure if it was due to his fear… or because of the foul smell of Chanyeol’s used sock that would make even rotten fishes and hydrogen sulfide pale in comparison. “Save me, Soo.” The boy whimpered.

 

Three pairs of eyes turned to Kyungsoo when he stood from his position on the bed and walked towards the impersonator. He had a niggling feeling that just wouldn’t stop bugging him. Kyungsoo stopped when he was inches away from the other’s face. They were so close that the other boy went cross-eyed trying to keep his eyes fixed on Kyungsoo’s. The said boy stared into the enthralling eyes, and even though it was really Chanyeol’s eyes he was looking at… Kyungsoo saw another boy behind it and he knew then who it was. He gasped and reeled away from the boy. I should have known… Those over-the-top displays of affection… “I know who you are…” Kyungsoo breathed out with wide eyes. Sensing that the game was up, the impersonator whined and slumped down to the floor, his back still stuck to the closed door. Sehun and Chanyeol sprung towards their friend. “Who is it, Kyungsoo? Who dares to steal this 1.85 metres of pure golden physique?” Chanyeol inquired, ignoring Sehun’s continuous digs at his self-praise.

 

“Polyjuice potion, Yeol. Think about it… has anyone asked for strands of your hair lately?” Kyungsoo smirked at Chanyeol while still fixing his gaze upon a frozen boy by the door. Chanyeol tilted his head while trying to refresh his memory, “No one actually asked me formally… but I recall Kai yanking out a small chunk of my hair when he fell onto me that day after breakfast.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms triumphantly and smirked. “There you have it…” Sehun and Chanyeol’s jaw dropped before the latter whirled towards the boy cowering by the floor. “That was on purpose?! I thought you fell accidently… I was even kind enough to break your fall!” Chanyeol whined and massaged the part of his head that the hair had been yanked out from. “HA! He broke Kai’s ‘fall’ with his hair. HA!” Sehun snorted. “Oh look, it’s wearing off.” Chanyeol drew their attention to ‘Chanyeol’ whose face was reconfiguring and they watched as the boy shrunk in size, and his soot-black hair change into a dark brown tone. When the effects of the Polyjuice potion had completely worn off, Kai spat out Chanyeol’s sock, looked up sheepishly and squirmed under the intense gaze of the trio of Slytherins.

 

“You were the jealous clingy Chanyeol that likes to squeeze between Kyungsoo’s and my body whenever we sit together?” Sehun clarified. All they got for a reply was Kai’s whimpering. He looked like a poor puppy that was currently being scolded by his owners for stalking the cute owl next door. “Awww…” Kyungsoo clamped his palm to his mouth when Sehun and Chanyeol stared at his not so discrete fawning. What?! He looks like an abandoned puppy… Don’t judge me. Kyungsoo glared at Sehun and Chanyeol who were exchanging suggestive winks and sniggering into their fists. “Stand up, Kai.” Kyungsoo said softly. The Gryffindor peeked up at Kyungsoo through his fringe hesitantly, still cowering and afraid that Kyungsoo will banish him from his life. The Slytherin crossed his arms and started a countdown, “3… 2…-” Kai shot right up and flung his body at Kyungsoo. “I’m sorry, Soo. Please don’t banish me and tell me to get lost from your life… I’ll die without you glaring at me everyday. Forgive me!” Kai begged. Kyungsoo scowled when he saw Sehun and Chanyeol making kissy faces at him. “Get off me! You’re pushing it cute puppy.” Kai wrapped Kyungsoo in his arms even tighter, if that was possible. “NEVER!” He declared. “Wait, did you just call me a cute puppy?” Kai beamed at Kyungsoo who pointedly ignored his question. “You have three seconds to let go off me before I Avada Kedavra you.” Kyungsoo threatened whilst reaching for his wand. Immediately, Kai sprung backwards and hid behind the two tall pillars aka. Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

“Let’s go for breakfast.” Kyungsoo walked to pick up his cloak. Chanyeol stomped in front of him and jabbed his thumb in Kai’s direction. “You’re not going to punish him for impersonating the great me?” Kyungsoo stared at the taller boy blankly. “No. In fact, I should thank him for giving you a new hair cut.” Kyungsoo tapped onto a slightly noticeable bald spot and stalked out of the room. Kai followed him out quickly whilst yelling, “So you’re not mad at me, Soo?” Sehun sniggered and laughed in Chanyeol’s face on the way out. “HA! I like Kai because you look absolutely dashing, Mr Baldie.” Chanyeol gasped and clutched onto the side of his head, “I’m not really balding right, Fluffy?” The poor boy almost fainted when even his beloved pet rolled his eyes and laughed at him. The ferret was legit chuffing in mocking his owner. Chanyeol whimpered and crawled towards his drawers. “Guess today is wear-a-wig-day then…” He sighed and reached for his favorite neon blue glam rock wig.

 

Kyungsoo and Sehun burst out howling in laughter when Chanyeol joined them at the Slytherin tables during breakfast. Hell, almost the entire Great Hall was staring at the weird giant boy with a neon blue punk rock hairdo. Most of them weren’t laughing out loud like Kyungsoo and Sehun were, because they were afraid that Chanyeol would go all deatheater on them. “What is that?!” Sehun chortled “HA. HA. HA.” heartily before choking on a piece of lamb bone. Kyungsoo wiped at a stray tear and thumped the choking boy hard across the back repeatedly. “Well, excuse me if you’re jealous of my hair guys… it’s all the rage in the muggle-world nowadays.” Chanyeol huffed and whipped his hair in a way that would make even the best hair commercial models jealous. Except that to Kyungsoo and Sehun, he looked like a demented escapee that came straight out from St Mungo’s Hospital with a bad case of severe arthritis… with awkward head/hair-jerking like Chanyeol’s. “You look ridiculous!” Kyungsoo howled. Chanyeol scowled and hunched over lowly in his seat. “I will kill Kai for this.” He fumed. Kyungsoo frowned when he heard the other, “Keep your hands off him.” Sehun winked at Kyungsoo, “So you and loverboy are together now? You’re even protecting him…” Kyungsoo flushed red and blinked rapidly, “No, you idiot! Only I can kill Kai… he’s mine to kill and bully, so hands off Yeol.” Both boys sniggered knowingly while Kyungsoo glared daggers into their heads. He looked up and caught Kai shooting hearts and kisses at him, Kyungsoo scoffed and turned away to hide his impending blush.

 

Kai’s stalking tendencies didn’t fade, and for days, Kyungsoo was always getting paranoid when he couldn’t spot the said boy… Because that meant that Kai could be anywhere, or rather, he could be anyone. There was once when Kyungsoo suspected that their Herbology teacher, Professor Longbottom, was actually Kai in disguise. Then he figured out much later, that Kai probably wouldn’t pluck a clump of his favorite idol’s hair like he did to Chanyeol. He nearly earned himself a year’s detention for shoving his wand up the professor’s nostril though. Sehun and Chanyeol managed to save him from punishment by com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter