Slytherins Aren't Too Bad… Maybe Not.

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Luhan had dismissed him from a successful Quidditch tryout, Kai was just about to collapse onto his bed whilst still in his half-dreamy state when a loud crash reverberated around the empty room. Startled, he glanced around hastily before his eyes landed on the closed glass windows. It was there that he saw a familiar little owl that was trying his hardest to enter the room. Kai sighed and stood to open the windows to let his owl in. “Hi Krong, you seriously need to work on your eyesight… Can’t you see the window wasn’t open?” His small true owl blinked at him before hopping all over his bedside desk. Kai plucked the piece of parchment from Krong’s beak and rewarded him with an owl treat. He used a finger to caress his small owl’s head as he unfurled the letter. I wonder who sent me this?

 

The words he read made him frown and tilt his head in confusion. What does this mean?

 

“Go to the Seventh Floor, Left Corridor. You need only seek, and the object of your affection will be seen.”

- The One Who Knows

 

“Who made you pass me this message?” Kai asked an unblinking Krong. When his owl returned to nibbling on his treat, Kai stared at the parchment again. Object of your affection… what is my object of affection? Kai frowned. He glanced at Krong again, only to do a double take when he thought he saw Do Kyungsoo for a split second. His owl tilted his small head and blinked up at him with those wide eyes. Dudum Dudum. “You kind of look eerily like Kyungsoo…” Kai gaped. Krong hooted like he was offended at being compared to a human. Oh well, I don’t know who sent me this… Should I do as the note says? Kai turned back to the parchment. It won’t hurt right? Kai stood up determinedly and left the room with the parchment in his robe’s pocket.

 

There he was, at the seventh floor left corridor. Now what do I do? Kai took out the note again. “You need only seek, and the object of your affection will be seen.” Alright then, here goes nothing. Kai cleared his throat and spoke out loud. “I seek the object of my affection. Whatever the hell that is…” He was half expecting this something to fall from the ceiling in front of him. Instead, he watched as the wall to his left morphed till all that left was a golden door handle. Is this pure gold? Kai glanced around to see if there was anyone around. When he saw no one, he bent and bit down on the handle. It’s pure gold. Kai’s eyes widened. Maybe I can dismantle the handle and add it to my personal savings. More money to pay for my trip to the Quidditch World Cup! He turned the knob, entered the room and gaped. It was unlike any other room he had ever seen. There were tall shelves of books, a warm fireplace, Kyungsoo asleep on the couch by the fire, a toilet bowl at the far corner, a chandelier… wait what?! Kai froze at the sight of Do Kyungsoo in all his green and silver five feet eight inches glory, draped across the couch. He rubbed his eyes with the balls of his palm, unable to believe what he is seeing. Kyungsoo is my object of affection? Kai blinked and shivered.

 

The other boy was in deep sleep, that much was pretty evident as when Kai took a hesitant step forward and scuffed his feet against the carpet while letting out a loud yelp, Kyungsoo barely stirred from his sleeping form. Step by step, Kai crept closer till he was right beside the said boy. He frowned when Kyungsoo started tossing in his sleep, and judging by his suddenly furrowed eyebrows, the boy was having a nightmare. “N-No! Stop…” Kyungsoo whimpered. Kai sat down on the floor beside Kyungsoo’s head and reached out his fingers only to stop, causing them to hover in mid-air. He looks so vulnerable in his sleep. Kai wanted to caress the boy’s face and whisper sweet comforting words to counter his nightmare, but he didn’t dare. Instead, he kept staring at Kyungsoo’s enthralling face. I’m not being creepy right… staring at another person while they’re sleeping. “No! S-Soojung…” Kai watched as a tear slid down from Kyungsoo’s closed eyes. Who’s Soojung? And why is he crying! I don’t feel good seeing him cry… Kai felt an aching feeling in his heart at the weeping boy. “H-Help her…” Kyungsoo whimpered and thrashed around in his sleep. Without thinking, Kai reached out and landed a comforting palm on Kyungsoo’s forehead, ironing out the creases between his furrowed brows. Kai decided then and there, that he rather see a cold, murderous Do Kyungsoo with a wand yelling out ‘Avada Kedavra’ whilst running after him, then this version of the said boy… sad, heartbroken and in pain.

 

“SOOJUNG!” Kyungsoo woke with a start and glanced around the room frantically. Kai watched on with his heart in his mouth as the panting boy finally locked his eyes on his. He saw the flash of surprise and vulnerability in the boy’s eyes, before they disappeared and were replaced by his cold and guarded demeanor. Kai gulped, after all, he had just been caught watching Kyungsoo in his sleep, and creepily like the stalker the other thought him to be. “Please don’t kill me!” Kai begged, though he remained unmoving in his spot beside the Slytherin. Kyungsoo rubbed at his eyes and frowned when he felt remnants of tears at the corners. “What are you doing here, Kai?” Kyungsoo stared at me as he sat upright. His cold persona was back. Kai opened and closed his mouth repeatedly while trying to think up of a good enough answer. “I didn’t mean to see you cry.” Kai blurted before slapping a palm to his own mouth. Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed and Kai felt his life flashing pass him. You idiot! You just granted yourself a one-way ticket to hell. Kai gulped. “Are you okay?” He glanced worriedly at Kyungsoo. He knew that the other guy was still feeling hurt by what he saw in his nightmares, and yet Kyungsoo was trying to play it like it never happened.

 

“Why won’t I be okay?” Kyungsoo murmured. This time, Kai kept his mouth shut. Though he was more curious about Kyungsoo now then he was before, if the other boy preferred to keep it secret, he shall respect that. “Cool room huh?” Kai changed the topic of conversation. Kyungsoo nodded before frowning, “How did you get in here? No one was supposed to know of this room… not even Chanyeol and Sehun knows.” Kai hesitated before telling him the truth. “Someone, I don’t know who, had my owl pass me the message to find you here.” Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed as Kai handed over the parchment to him. “Go to the Seventh Floor, Left Corridor. You need only seek, and the object of your affection will be seen.” Kyungsoo recited. “There’s no mention of me in this message though, unless… oh…” He couldn’t keep his cheeks from reddening once he connected the dots. Object of Affection... Kai, too, blushed and looked away. Kyungsoo stood up hurriedly and tried to act all aloof and cold by muttering an “I need to go…” as he headed to the door. But Kai saw through his disguise and noted the shy smile Kyungsoo tried to keep in check. Once the Slytherin left the room, Kai slumped onto the couch and clutched his head with both hands.

 

Dudum Dudum.

 

 

 

 

After his boyfriend ditched him to go play with Snow White, his pet rabbit… and Kris had been the one to name the bunny too that ungrateful bastard. How dare you steal my boyfriend from me? Kris was loitering around the second floor corridors with his iPod in hand, singing along to Taylor Swift’s songs like the number one fan he was. The truth was, Kris was mopping at the lack of attention his boyfriend Tao paid him. “We are never ever ever getting back together…” Kris jammed and headbanged to his idol’s sweet vocals. Damn you Tao. See if I care when you come running begging for my forgiveness after you abandoned me for that damn Disney rabbit. “Weee~ are never ever ever getting back together!” Being a muggle-born does have its perks indeed. For one, the muggle world had more tasteful music than the wizardry world. Kris was Taylor Swift’s number one fan. He even went to all her concerts and bought all her albums. Don’t even get him started on the massive life-size poster of her decorating his bedroom wall back home. He was too immersed in crooning out her hit single to notice another boy walking into the corridor.

 

Kris turned around and jabbed his finger at the startled Slytherin. “I knew you were trouble when you walked in… So shame on me now…” His voice cracked towards the end when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter