To Love or Not to Love… That is the Question

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning at breakfast, Kai spat out his mouthful of green pea soup onto an unsuspecting Chanyeol’s face the second he saw his boyfriend walk into the Great Hall. Kai immediately leapt to his feet and rushed towards Kyungsoo. “BabySoo! What happened to your face?! Oh my god… WHO IS IT?” Kai whirled around and waved his wand in the air menacing, raking his accusing eyes through their group, “WHO DARE HURTS MY BABY! I WILL SHOVE THIS WAND SO FAR UP YOUR NOSE AND CONFRINGO YOU SO BAD THAT YOU’LL ONLY HAVE ONE NOSTRIL LEFT TO BREATHE FROM…” Several hands immediately flew up in mock surrender as a couple of “Not me!” squeaks sounded. Luhan discretely covered his nose with his palm. He had accidently landed a punch on the other when he felt Monster on his own head. Apparently, all the spider wanted to do was thank Luhan for the cupcakes, but Luhan completely freaked out… Kyungsoo’s cheek just happened to bear the brunt of his shock. Kyungsoo glared at Sehun and Luhan, but the threatening glint in Sehun’s eyes forced him to remain silent. “Shut up, Kai… it’s only a bruise.” Kyungsoo grimaced when Kai gingerly thumbed the sensitive skin of his bruised right cheek. “Should I kiss your boo-boo away?” Kai cooed. Before Kyungsoo could even answer that, Kai had already swooped in and done the deed. The rest of the table started squealing at the sweet couple. “Awww… I’m your brother and never have you ever treated me so affectionately. I’m jealous, Kai.” Suho winked at them. Kai scoffed and rolled his eyes, “Please… we all know you only want Lay to kiss you, not me.”

 

Everyone froze when a particular Unicorn choked and knocked over his goblet of water. Kyungsoo punched Kai in the ribs. Ohhh… Oops. Kai flinched under the hard glare Suho gave him and cowered down in Kyungsoo’s lap. Hmm… Soo smells of strawberries. Kai started nosing his boyfriend’s tummy, completely forgetting about how he just threw his brother under the bus. Kyungsoo played with Kai’s hair whilst occasionally giggling when Kai’s breath tickled his tummy. The rest of the boys had magically conjured up some popcorn, and were currently enjoying the show. “You like me?” Lay said to a Suho who was currently incapable of speech. Tao, who was sitting beside the said boy, had to personally nod the Ravenclaw’s head for him. “Perhaps, we should give them some space to talk…” Baekhyun suggested. Everyone nodded and stood up as well… everyone except Chanyeol, who was still wolfing down several plates of scrambled eggs. Sensing the nine pair of eyes glaring holes into his head, the giant looked up with a spoon in midair and a stuffed face. “OHSH IM SORWIE… DID WOO SAY SHOOMTHING?” Baekhyun did well to dodge the several egg missiles launched at him from Chanyeol’s mouth, before dragging the protesting giant out with the rest of the boys. “My egggggggs…” That was the last thing the pair heard before they were left in their awkward silence.

 

Lay shuffled over so that he was sitting right across from Suho. “Since when did you like me?” Lay said shyly. Suho flushed an alarming shade of red. “When we first entered Hogwarts more than a year ago…” He whispered and looked down to his lap, refusing to make eye contact with Lay. What… That long? I’m so oblivious… how did I not notice that someone as perfect as Suho liked me? Lay gave himself a mental slap. He thought back to all the small things Suho did for him, he never took it for another meaning because Suho was always kind and attentive to everyone… that’s what makes him so ideal… so perfect. “You’re too good for me, Suho. You deserve someone better…” Lay whispered. Startled by the other’s sudden uneasy tone, Suho’s head shot up and he grabbed onto both of Lay’s hands. “But I don’t want someone better… you’re all I can ever ask for! You’re my ideal.” Suho tugged Lay’s hand, “Come! I want to show you something…” Lay’s eyes trained themselves onto Suho’s hand clasping his, mind still up high in the clouds from Suho’s earlier confession, as they ran out towards the Forbidden forest. “Where are we going, Suho?” Lay panted. The other lifted a finger to his lips, indicating for Lay to remain silent, as they continued on their way, deeper into the forest.

 

It wasn’t long before they reached a large meadow that even Lay, who knew everything about the forest, had no knowledge of. Suho pulled Lay down to sit beside him on the grass and gestured to the field full of flowers. “I asked myself what I could gift you… something that you would love and will give you no chance of saying “no” to being mine.” Suho smiled shyly at Lay. “I know you love the forest, but you know practically every inch of it already… Getting you a live Unicorn wasn’t an option, and the tree spirits didn’t want to help me serenade you.” Lay blushed and opted to look at the meadow instead of the boy beside him. “It took me ages before I chanced upon this meadow… I hope you like it.” Lay glanced around curiously. But, this looks like any other ordinary meadow… Suho chuckled, “It’s not just any plain meadow.” Lay stared at him wordlessly. Suho closed his eyes and started whistling to an old tune, which Lay could not identify. Suho interrupted his whistling temporarily to whisper “Look at the flowers!” before continuing on.

 

It was then that Lay switched his attention to the meadow instead of Suho. What he saw made him gasp. Thousands of flowers floated upwards and spiraled in the wind, creating a magnificent dance… but upon closer look, Lay saw that they weren’t ordinary flowers. “They’re Flower Fairies.” Suho explained, smiling at Lay. “They dance to music… Try it.” Lay stared gobsmacked before starting off on his own whistle. Slowly, the surrounding Flower Fairies started flying towards them and one by one, they deposited a stalk of flower each onto Lay’s lap. “Is this part of your whole romantic confession scheme?” Lay teased, before bringing the flowers up to sniff at them. Instead of replying, Suho stood and beckoned over some fairies. Lay saw them approaching with a beautiful wreath of flowers. “Lay… Will you be mine?” Suho peeked up shyly at the other from his kneeling position. No one’s ever done so much for me before… Lay blinked back happy tears, “Yes. A thousand times, yes.” He lunged at Suho, sending the both of them sprawling to the ground. They didn’t mind the dirt on the forest floor… they were too busy basking in their happiness to care.

 

 

 

 

“So what happened with Sehun last night?” Baekhyun asked. Luhan got so distracted by Baekhyun’s question that he walked straight into a wall. The other sighed and bent to haul his best friend off the ground. “Was it really that hard to say a simple ‘Thank you’?” Luhan shook his head fervently, “Oh no! I-It went well… more than well actually…” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the suspicious blush forming on Luhan’s face. “What happened with Sehun, Lulu~” Baekhyun teased in a singsong voice. Luhan hid his face behind his hands, “Well… Sehun didn’t Avada Kedavra me the moment I step foot into the room?” Baekhyun prompted, “And…?” There must have been something to make Luhan blush like this… Oh my god! Could it be… “A-And… Monster didn’t gouge out my eyeballs like we thought he would?” Baekhyun deadpanned at the still two-eyed Luhan, “Obviously…” He whined, “Come on! What gives, Luhan?” The said boy starting speaking to the floor, “ThereisaslightchanceImighthavetackled-” Luhan speedy ramble was cut short by Baekhyun’s palm. “Speak slowly, Lulu… I won’t be able to understand you.” He sighed. Luhan nodded before continuing, “ThereisaslightchanceImighthavetackledandkissedSehunonthelips.” Baekhyun blinked owlishly at him.

 

“One more time.” Baekhyun smirked. Starting to get annoyed, Luhan opened his mouth to yell, but before he did so, Baekhyun used the Arresto Momentum charm on him so that whatever the other shouted in rapid-fire succession would be put on slowmo. “THEREEE IS A SLIGHTTT CHANCEEE I MIGHT HAVEEE TACKLED AND KISSSSSED SEHUN ONNN THE LIPSSS…” Luhan slammed a shock palm over his mouth, a look of utter betrayal on his face as the words echoed around the hallway they were standing in. “YOU WHAT???” The pair whirled around, only to spot four boys looking at them. Chanyeol’s mouth was still gaping after his loud exclamation earlier; Kyungsoo was smirking whilst Kai was sniggering at his side, a palm over his mouth as he gave Luhan several exaggerative eyebr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter