Calm Before The Storm

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Holy … My eyes! Please tell me this is all a dream so that I can unsee what I’ve seen.” Baekhyun rubbed profusely at his eyes, not believing the phenomenon happening right in front of their eyes. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s jaws had dropped so low as they stared at the approaching pair. Chen was taking advantage of the situation to try and levitate some flies into the giant’s mouth. “Pinch me…” Kris told Tao, who returned his command with a slap instead. Meanwhile, Lay was sitting calmly with a smug look on his face, “I knew it.” Kai, Xiumin and Suho turned to the Hufflepuff in shock. “You knew they were together together… and you didn’t tell me?” Suho asked. Lay shrugged and smiled, “Wasn’t it pretty obvious? All the tension in the air when those two were together…” All ten boys watched on silently as the pair finally came to a stand in front of their friends. “Why are you guys staring at us like that? And why is there a god damn fly on Chanyeol’s front teeth?” Sehun frowned. The giant merely waved the fly away before resuming his openmouthed stare. 

 

Luhan squirmed under the intense stares and curled into Sehun’s side. “What is this, Sehunnie? Are you and Luhan dating?” Kyungsoo asked. Ahhhh so this is what it’s about… “Yup. He’s taking responsibility.” Sehun said nonchalantly. Everyone exchange confused looks. “What about taking responsibility?” Suho voiced out. “I have heart problems… increased heart rate as well as difficulty breathing when he’s near me.” Sehun explained. Oh… “Love bug.” Suho mouthed to everyone. Some started snorting whilst others were just smiling kindly at the new couple. When Luhan’s face started to redden under all the attention again, Sehun scowled and wrapped a protective arm over the other’s shoulder. “You’re making my Princess Lulu uncomfortable.” They chortled when Luhan didn’t protest at the use of the unmanly nickname. Sehun turned to ask Luhan, “Permission to my lady away from these stupid buffoons?” Luhan blushed and nodded before the two were prancing away. “Does Sehun think he’s some sort of medieval knight? Hahahahahha!” Chen howled in laughter.

 

Xiumin punched Chen on the arm weakly. “Stop teasing them, Chen… I think they make a very cute couple. Princess Lulu finally has her happy ending…” Xiumin sighed and glanced wistfully after yet another happy couple. Why am I still single? WHY?! Xiumin you Dumbo… you better grow some balls quick and confess to Chen soon before he falls for someone else. Chen grinned, oblivious to the other Ravenclaw’s feelings. “Awww Minnie… do you want me to be your Prince Charming?” Chen cooed at Xiumin. He merely rolled his eyes and turned away from Chen, so that the other couldn’t hear him muttering, “You have no idea…” under his breath. Chen might not have heard his indirect confession, but another couple certainly did.

 

Kai hopped in his seat and repeatedly poked Kyungsoo in his squishy tummy. “Soo Soo! Did you hear Xiumin?” Kai squealed, “We need to help bring Chen and Xiumin together!” Kyungsoo nodded. He didn’t like the miserable look Xiumin had on, and everyone had noticed how the pair of best friends was practically dancing around each other… hovering between the just-friends to couple boundary. It was obvious that Xiumin liked Chen and yet, the smartest boy of his level (or maybe even one of the smartest boys in the entire school) remained oblivious to his best friend’s feelings for him. Kyungsoo poked Kai’s cheek and whispered into his eager boyfriend’s ear, “Operation Kaisoo aka. The Love Angels is a go; I repeat… the mission is a go. Let’s give Xiumin his happily ever after with our resident Troll.” Kai straightened his back and saluted his boyfriend, “Love Angel No. 2 is ready for deployment, Sir.” Kyungsoo nodded and clapped his hands twice. “Move out.” The pair then proceeded to shoot cupid arrows at Chen and Xiumin while backing away from them, complete with sound effects “Phew Phew… Phew Phew…” and with what the pair would label as ‘loving faces’, before creeping away like failed stealthy robbers, much to the confusion of the others.

 

Baekhyun was scowling at his brother and Kai’s exit when a certain giant drew his attention away from the pair. “Still hung up on your Operation ‘Get Kai’s dirty paws the hell away from my baby brother’? You should give the happy couple your blessings… Unless you already did, and you’re just jealous your brother has someone and you don’t…” Chanyeol chuckled softly. Baekhyun frowned and glared at Chanyeol, “Excuse you, giant pissyface Dumbyeol… I’m happy for my baby brother.” Chanyeol hummed, “So you admit that you’re jealous of him being in a relationship?” Baekhyun squawked, “I-I’m not jealous!” His eyes started flitting about, desperately searching for a reasonable enough excuse to show that he was NOT jealous of Kyungsoo. “I-I have someone too!” He huffed. At Chanyeol’s unbelieving face, Baekhyun squeaked, “E-Erm I have… erm Bacon! Yes.” Chanyeol scoffed, “That’s your cat, Baekie… Bacon doesn’t count. Why don’t you just admit that you want a boyfriend too?” The Slytherin teased. Baekhyun scowled, “So what if I do? Do you think falling in love is easy?”

 

Chanyeol sighed inwardly. Seems like Baekhyun doesn’t quite believe in love… The Slytherin might or might not have started to take a liking to Baekhyun during the many times they spent cramped in secluded spots whilst spying on Kyungsoo and Kai. He might or might not have started to take a liking to Baekhyun during their earlier Quidditch commentary duties. The giant might or might not have gotten jealous over his two best friend’s love life. Chanyeol might or might not have started to fall in love with his best friend’s brother. I’ve started myself on the path to making Baekhyun mine, and the other doesn’t even know of my feelings for him. Chanyeol admitted and smacked himself in his mind.

 

Baekhyun was still continuinig his rant, “If I ask you to be my boyfriend, will you say yes? Please… you don’t even know anything about love. Love isn’t forever, and not all love will have a happy ending either. Did I get my point across, Chanyeol?” The Gryffindor froze when he was met with Chanyeol’s intense gaze. “What if I say yes?” Baekhyun was taken aback by Chanyeol’s seriousness. Gone was the goofy guy who likes to jam to SpongeBob Squarepants, instead, Chanyeol was patiently waiting for him to speak. “Y-Yes to what?” Baekhyun gulped. “If you ask me to be your boyfriend, Baekie. What if I say yes? ... I like you, Baekhyun. Will you say yes too?” Chanyeol voice softened. At that moment, with Chanyeol’s sudden confession, Baekhyun felt his heart palpitating. Is this what they call love? Looking at Chanyeol’s earnest eyes, Baekhyun had to admit that…

 

Maybe… maybe falling in love is really that easy. “Should I give you a chance to teach me about love, Chanyeol?”

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Kai had retreated to where else but their favorite hideout aka. the Room of Requirements to plan their Love Angel schemes. And after an hour of discussing, they were pretty pleased to put in place what they would call a foolproof plan. Basically, what they wanted to achieve was make Chen extremely jealous of others when others show Xiumin affection, and then Chen will explode and admit his own feelings for Xiumin. Then, BOOM… Mission accomplished. Another happy couple would be born. First Art of War (love edition) with credits to the Love Angels – A jealous man, yields a good boyfriend. Kyungsoo and Kai cackled before high-fiving when they were done. “I love you so much, Soo. You have no idea…” Kai sighed and pulled Kyungsoo down to lie on him on the couch. The other merely rolled his eyes and snuggled against his boyfriend. I know, you dummy. “I know you don’t say it often because you’re not that good with corny words, but I know you love me too right?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo hummed and pecked Kai’s chin. The other was more than satisfied with this response and he tightened his arms around Kyungsoo, smiling into the smaller boy’s hair.

 

“Soo… don’t worry so much about the person who’s after you alright. I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.” Kyungsoo frowned slightly at that. He knew his boyfriend would do anything to prevent him from getting hurt. But what if you get hurt instead, Kai? “But what if something bad happens to you, Kai? I don’t want you to get hurt.” Kyungsoo whined. Kai chuckled and kissed him full on the lips. “Silly baby, nothing’s going to happen… five ten years down the road, we’ll still be the lovely happy couple everyone is jealous of. We’ll get married, have a couple of kids… we’ll be as happy as we are now and very much still in love.” Kai whispered in his ear. Kyungsoo giggled, “Was that an indirect proposal?” Kyungsoo stared at Kai’s shy shrug, feeling all kinds of happiness blooming within him. “What if I say n-” Before he was even done speaking, Kai had shut him up with his lips. “You can’t say no, BabySoo. You’re mine now; you’re also mine forever. Besides, how can you stand not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter