Operation Overprotective Brother

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Duck!” Baekhyun hissed, and the pair threw themselves behind a stone bench. Chanyeol whimpered when he collided headfirst with the bench after his reckless dive. After making sure that no one saw them, the Gryffindor gestured for them to continue. He clapped his hands twice and whispered; “Move out!” before he was doing an army crawl across the lawn. Chanyeol stared after Baekhyun for a moment before securing two big palm leaves from a nearby tree, which he then used to camouflage him and scamper after the Gryffindor. When they were almost spotted by their stalkee, they dove without any hesitation into a neighboring rose bush. “Scoot over giant!” Baekhyun hissed. Chanyeol whined and shuffled over, further shoving the small thorns of the unkempt rose bush up his . The Slytherin let out a whimper and stuffed a fist into his mouth to prevent him from screaming out, which would undoubtedly alert Kyungsoo of their covert operation. Yes, the two boys were crouched hidden behind a rose bush in the garden spying on whom else but Kyungsoo and Kai. Operation ‘Get Kai’s dirty paws the hell away from my baby brother’ was officially in full flow.

 

“Why is he standing so close to Kyungie? Hasn’t he heard of personal space?!” Baekhyun growled. “THREE-FEET RULE YOU BAS-HMFH!” Baekhyun yelled at Kai before Chanyeol stuffed his other palm over his mouth. Hmm… this giant’s hand smells of peaches. Baekhyun poked out a tentative tongue. “Did you just me?!” Chanyeol squeaked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shushed him. “Quiet! They might hear us…” Baekhyun glanced warily at Kyungsoo and Kai, only to jump up frantically from behind the bush when he failed to spot the pair. “W-Where did they go?” Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol up off the ground. “I don’t know…” Chanyeol whimpered and checked his for any stray thorns. The Gryffindor ran an exasperated hand through his mop of hair. “Come on, Giant. We’ve got our work cut out for us… that Kai is one sly fox. He took advantage of our lapse in concentration to lure Kyungsoo away… that bastard.” Hold on, Kyungie! Baekie will save you…

 

 

 

 

“Did you hear that?” Kai halted in his tracks, bringing the other boy to a stop beside him. Kyungsoo frowned, “That sounded awfully like Baekhyun…” The pair searched through the garden with intense eyes. Just then, a squeaky shriek sounded. “Anddd… that sounded like my idiot best friend.” Kyungsoo facepalmed. Are they following us? If they are, they’re doing a freaking lousy job of staying hidden. Kai pointed at a rose bush with two suspiciously large palm leaves sticking out from it. “Is that Chanyeol hiding behind the palm leaves? I can see his ears… Soo, why are they following us? They’re not going to snatch you away from me, are they? Don’t abandon me….” Kai whined and graced Kyungsoo with his puppy eyes. Wake up your freaking idea, Kyungsoo. What do you do when faced with a cute pouting puppy? Kyungsoo cleared his throat and wrapped an awkward arm around the taller’s shoulder. “There there Kaibaby… don’t fret. Soo is here…” The Slytherin patted his boyfriend on the head, like one would do to their pet. If Kai had a tail, it would no doubt be wagging like bat crazy at how happy he felt right now.

 

“Let’s ditch them, what say you?” Kyungsoo smirked and grabbed Kai’s hand, dragging him away. The pair sprinted fast and hard till they were sure the Gryffindor-Slytherin pair weren’t chasing after them anymore. “Amateur stalkers…” Kyungsoo snorted. “Kai?” The Slytherin turned to the other when there was no response from the said boy. Apparently, Kai was staring intently at Kyungsoo’s hand, which was still enclosing his tightly. Upon realization, Kyungsoo felt a blush creeping up his face to match Kai’s and tried to release his hold on the other’s hand. He couldn’t deny the inward whine at the loss of warmth from the other’s hand when he let go. Kai didn’t even try to hide his pout at his hand withdrawal. Though they were officially boyfriends, the two were still inexperienced in this love game. Both were so shy that they would blush whenever they meet each other’s eyes. Don’t even mention holding hands, or any other form of skinship.

 

“Erm, do you want to hang out in the Room of Requirements?” Kyungsoo asked shyly. Since when will Kai say no to Kyungsoo? The rate, at which Kai was nodding his head enthusiastically, was incredible. Just then, Kyungsoo spotted a familiar pair of boys turning the corner. It looked like Baekhyun was chastising Chanyeol for something; the Slytherin had his head bent so low that Kyungsoo couldn’t help but worry for his best friend’s central nervous system. Before the pair could spot Kyungsoo and Kai, the former had taken the initiative to grab onto Kai’s arm and dragged him down the hallway, away from watchful eyes.

 

Little did they know, someone else was watching. Truth be told, it was a bit difficult to not notice the pair of boys blushing and squealing like crazy schoolgirls. “Glad to see that one of the couples are happy…” He smiled to himself. “Oh there you are!” His train of thoughts was disrupted when Chen’s voice sounded through the empty hallway. I’m blushing again, aren’t I? He cleared his throat and jumped down from where he was perched on a short wall. “Let’s go for class, Chen.” The other Ravenclaw smiled at him and linked arms with him, inadvertently causing the latter’s heart rate to speed up again. When will you notice me, Chen? I want my happily ever after too…

 

 

 

 

After weeks of waiting, Quidditch season was finally here. Everyone at Hogwarts was feeling upbeat for the first match in the calendar year between Gryffindor House and Hufflepuff. At breakfast in the morning, Kai was looking a little peaky from all the pre-game nerves he was feeling. “Hi, Kai! Ready to go?” Luhan plopped down onto the seat beside him and hung an arm around his shoulders loosely. “Y-Yeah… I guess.” Kai squeaked. Baekhyun glared at him like he had something to say to Kai (probably scold him for harassing his baby brother) but thought better of it, and patted him on the back a few times with a forced smile, “Relax, Kai. Just take it easy… don’t stress yourself up. It’s only Kris and his Hufflepuff team…” Baekhyun leaned down and whispered into his ear, “Total pushovers. We’re so going to win.” Baekhyun chuckled and high-fived Luhan, “Just don’t tell Kris I said that… he’ll get his boyfriend to wushu my again for belittling him.” The younger nodded and attempted a weak grin at his two friends. His fellow Chaser snorted, “You look like a cat just took a piss in your tea.” Luhan laughed but fell silent suddenly as he stared at his own cup of chamomile tea. “Unless, a cat did really piss in your tea?” Luhan gulped and stared at Baekhyun, “Please tell me you didn’t let Bacon add his special ingredient into our tea.” Baekhyun shrugged teasingly, inciting a shriek from Luhan and plenty of “Scourgify”s charms. Kai wasn’t in the mood to laugh along with his friends. His first Quidditch match was in a matter of hours, what if he didn’t live up to expectations? What if I fall from my broom? What if I get bludgeoned by bludgers and then, fall off my broom? Worse… What if I see Kyungsoo in the stands, get distracted and then fall off my broom? Kai shook his head fervently and slapped himself twice.

 

Sensing a pair of eyes on him, Kai looked up and stared straight into the eyes of his boyfriend. “Good luck!” Kyungsoo mouthed to him, with a discrete two thumbs up. He was disguising his action when speaking to Chanyeol and Sehun. It was very rare for the said boy to acknowledge him in public, and today’s exception drew a beaming smile from Kai’s face. Kai blew him a huge flying kiss and made a heart shape above his head, as he stared at Kyungsoo… waiting for the latter to return the love. Kyungsoo frowned and shot him a “don’t push it” look. Kai pouted and cheered inwardly when he practically saw the other boy’s resolve crumble from his famous kicked puppy look. He watched as the Slytherin took out his wand before saying a spell under his breath. What is he doing? Kai tilted his head in confusion before a soft whisper carried into his ear, speaking in Kyungsoo’s voice. “I love you too, you idiot.” Kai’s face practically radiated happiness and he beamed lovingly at the other, causing Kyungsoo to squeak and duck behind Chanyeol to hide from his embarrassment. His boyfriend might not be a huge fan of pubic displays of affection, but it was always these small things Kyungsoo did, that show he cares. Okay, Kai. You’re going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter