Some Friends Are Worth Fighting For

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Herbology was so boring that Kyungsoo spent the entire lesson staring at a particular Gryffindor across the Greenhouse. He snorted when Kai blushed like a teenage girl crushing on the teacher, whenever Professor Longbottom so much as step foot within a meter’s radius from him. A sharp poke at his ribs startled him. Looking up, he scowled when Chanyeol’s face greeted him. “Why are you staring at that Kai guy like he’s a piece of meat you want to feast on?” The taller teased. “Feast your eyes on this!” Kyungsoo sneered and flashed his middle finger at him. It was a muggle thingy that Chanyeol had thought him earlier. The said boy was now clapping and praising Kyungsoo for finally picking up some muggle knowhow, despite knowing that the derogative action was intended for him.

 

“You’ve been gawking at him all lesson. I admit that he’s hot… but I think he has a few screws loose.” Sehun pointed at Kai who was gaping at the Professor, oblivious to the pot of Devil’s Snare that had started to constrict around his bicep. They watched on amused, as the boy yelped and called out for help, after finally noticing his own predicament.

 

After Professor Longbottom released them from class, they grabbed their books and stalked out of the classroom. Kyungsoo froze once he saw what was awaiting him. Baekhyun jumped up from the bench he was sitting on and grabbed onto his robes before he could walk away. He spied Luhan and Kai lurking in the background before he paid Baekhyun his full attention. “We need to talk.” His brother stated before dragging a reluctant Kyungsoo down an empty walkway. He scowled and threw Baekhyun’s hand off him. “I have nothing to say to you.” Kyungsoo fixed the older with a cold stare. “Is this what we’ve become?” Baekhyun sighed and gestured between them, “Strangers?” Kyungsoo scoffed. “Father might have kicked you out, but I’m still your brother Kyungie.”

 

“Don’t call me that.” Kyungsoo hissed. “I’m no longer the little brother you used to dote on, Do Baekhyun.” The older flinched at the venom he heard in Kyungsoo’s emphasis of his last name. “I chose my path when I went to Slytherin. It is my way of standing up to him. I’m fighting for Soojung and myself. You, Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo poked Baekhyun’s chest repeatedly. “You did nothing to fight for us. You’ll never disobey him right? Daddy’s little boy…” Baekhyun stayed silently stunned. “You’re not my brother, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo spat coldly before turning and walking away with Chanyeol and Sehun scurrying after him.

 

 

 

 

“You okay?” Luhan scowled in the general direction of where the Slytherins disappeared to, and comforted his best friend. Baekhyun sighed, “I’m a pathetic boy that doesn’t know how to stand up for what’s right.” Luhan sighed, “You know that’s not true, Baekie. Just ignore what Kyungsoo said…” He swung an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and ushered his best friend away. “Come along, Kai! Let’s go cheer up Baekhyun with a couple of friends.”

 

A couple of friends, turned out to be the pair’s close group of year two buddies. “Hey, baby brother!” Kai scowled as Suho ruffled his hair when he entered the room behind Baekhyun and Luhan. “Isn’t this the kitchen?” Kai stared as several House Elves scurried away from the group of boys. “Yuppp…” Luhan smirked. “Isn’t it forbidden for students to be in here?” Kai looked genuinely worried at the thought of being caught. “Relax year one. I’m a friend of the House Elves. It’ll be fine… besides, we hang out here all the time.” A Ravenclaw boy beamed and extended a hand for him to shake. “Don’t think we’ve met yet. I’m Chen. Ravenclaw. Year two.” Another boy with chubby cheeks beside Chen introduced himself too. “I’m Xiumin. Ravenclaw. Year two.” Kai nodded and inclined his head politely. He was also introduced to three other Hufflepuffs, whom made up the final members of their small group. Kai was surprised to find that Lay was Luhan’s twin brother. After all, they did have conflicting personalities. Lay was just so quiet and nice, whereas Luhan was just so… Luhan.

 

“What’s got you all upset, Baekhyunnie…” Suho asked the boy with a permanent frown on his face. “Kyungsoo.” Luhan snorted. “That’s it! Those Slytherins again… I’ll beat them up right now!” Kris stood to his full height and clenched his fists. The Hufflepuff looked like a deranged man with anger management issues… it looked like no one could stop him from stomping out and pummeling some Slytherin . Kai shivered in his skin and hid behind his brother’s body not so discretely. “Sit.” Tao stared at Kris blankly. “Yes, Panda.” Kris’s anger dissolved immediately and he curled against his boyfriend’s body meekly. Kai gaped at the sudden attitude change. “Whipped!” Chen and Luhan sniggered as they high-fived each other.

 

“Does everyone here hate Slytherins?” Kai questioned. “Excuse me?” Luhan’s voice cracked as he rounded on Kai with crazed eyes. “Did I say something wrong?” Kai cowered under Luhan’s glare. “Of course we hate Slytherins-” Luhan yelled. “Only Luhan and Kris really. The rest of us dislike them but not to the point of hate.” Suho whispered into his ear as Luhan rambled on. “-After all that they did to Kris… bullying him cause of his muggle-born status. I can’t stand looking at them. Argh! I want to kill someone so bad!” Luhan tugged his own hair angrily. “They are cowards and bullies. We tend to avoid them, or rather, avoid speaking about them.” Tao crossed his arms as Kai swallowed his saliva in fear at the dark glare the Hufflepuff was giving him. “They’re a crazy bunch. Stay away from them…” Chen warned, “Alright… enough with this bull topic. Let’s talk about something more exciting!”

 

Kai tuned out from the conversation after Chen started telling the rest of the boys about the mountain trolls he seduced while on holiday in Spain. Everyone keeps telling him to stay away from the Slytherins. It just makes me more intrigued. Kai smirked as he daydreamed of death glares, cute scowls and fiery red hair.

 

They had to leave the confines of the Kitchen when it was almost time for dinner, for the House Elves had to prepare for the daily feast. The boys separated into their different houses when they entered the Great Hall. Kai was busy stuffing a chicken drumstick into his mouth when Luhan nudged his shoulder, effectively sending half the bone down his throat. “What lessons do you have tomorrow?” Luhan remained unimpressed as he stared at Kai who was steadily growing red in the face and choking on his piece of chicken. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and thumped his back hard, helping Kai cough out the said chicken. “T-Thanks.” Kai smiled weakly at Baekhyun before turning to Luhan. “Defense against the Dark Arts and Flying lessons.” Luhan ignored the pointed look Kai was throwing him, “Ohhh… interesting. Maybe Professor Yunho will teach you guys how to duel!” Kai’s eyes widened. Dueling with Slytherins? Save me holy flying unicorn of all things godsend.

 

 

 

 

Morning came, and soon it was time for their first ever Defense against the Dark Arts class. “Ready to kick ?” Kyungsoo smirked as both Chanyeol and Sehun gave him the thumbs up. The trio threw everyone a withering glare as they made their way into the classroom. To their disappointment, and much of their other classmates’, Professor Yunho decided against teaching them how to duel during the first lesson. Because, according to him, they needed to learn some basic spells first. “We’ll try dueling on Thursday. Now take out your wands everybody, I’m going to teach you the disarming charm.” It didn’t take long for Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chanyeol to grow bored. After all, they had perfected the Expelliarmus spell within their first couple of tries. The same couldn’t be said for most of their other classmates. “Hey, watch this!” Kyungsoo called for his friends’ attention before directing his wand at Kai. “Expelliarmus.” Kyungsoo whispered, as they all watched as Kai’s wand flew out of his hand before colliding with his nose. The trio howled in laughter as Kai looked around dazed and confused as to why his wand had just whacked him across the face for no reason. “Nice one!” Sehun sniggered as Kyungsoo smirked. Being a Slytherin is great fun, Kyungsoo admits.

 

They spent all lesson making fun of unsuspecting Gryffindors, before Professor Yunho caught them and took points off Slytherin as punishment. The trio went on to study about the stunning spell, though they did not dare use “Stupefy” against anyone after the Profes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter