The Start of Something New?

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though they were close to an hour late, Kyungsoo and Sehun strolled into the room nonchalantly. “His royal highness finally makes an entrance… Seriously! How long have we waited, Hagrid? Aren’t you going to scold them for tardiness?” The Ravenclaw boy huffed in frustration as Kyungsoo and Sehun rolled their eyes at him. There was another Ravenclaw boy sitting beside the other, though unlike his friend, he was merely eyeing the two Slytherins quietly. Hagrid scratched his beard carelessly and cleared his throat. “Erm… Settle down there you two! Let’s just get started with detention so that I can go back and cuddle with Fangs alright?” The half-giant chuckled forcefully. The four boys cringed at the thought of him cuddling with the goddamn awful drooling boarhound dog.

 

“You two, were sentenced to detention for fighting outside class…” Hagrid slapped Sehun and Kyungsoo on their backs, nearly toppling them over. Kyungsoo scowled and glared at him. “And you two-” He gestured to the two Ravenclaws, “-were caught stealing food from the House Elves.” The Ravenclaw boy squawked, “I told you I was friends with them, Hagrid! They gave those buns to me willingly because I told them my Xiumin was hungry. I didn’t force them to hand them over!” The boy beside him blushed slightly at his friend’s words. “Whatever you say Chen. Anyways, Headmistress allowed me to decide for you guys… just what you’ll be doing today. So I’ve decided!” Hagrid clapped his hands excitedly. “What have you decided?” Chen eyed Hagrid warily. Hagrid paused for a dramatic effect before whispering, “We’re going into the Forbidden Forest.” The half-giant beamed and jumped on his spot, nearly causing a mini earthquake.

 

Four pairs of jaws dropped. “We’re going into the forest?” Chen gaped. Hagrid nodded. “Now? At close to midnight?” Kyungsoo asked uncertainly. Hagrid nodded. “Is it safe?” Xiumin whispered. “Oh, totally!” Hagrid grinned. “What are we going to do in there?” Kyungsoo frowned. “I’ve come across a problem recently, and you four will be helping me with that! You see… the Giant Spiders are spooked. Something in that forest is scaring the daylights out of them. I need us to find that something and get rid of it so that my spideys can live life peacefully again!” Hagrid rambled on, not noticing the increasingly pale faces of the four boys. “There’s something scarier than Giant Spiders?” Sehun whimpered, curling into Kyungsoo’s side as the shorter patted his head comfortingly. “I’m not going after something that even Giant Spiders are afraid of.” Kyungsoo stared at Hagrid with crossed arms. “I agree with the deatheater! T-This isn’t safe, Hagrid… I refuse to go into the forest!” Chen squeaked. Hagrid growled, “Well it’s not like you guys have a choice now am I right. Let’s go now. That’s an order!” The half-giant grabbed onto all of their collars and dragged the four boys out of the castle.

 

Once they were at the edge of the dark forest, Hagrid a lantern into Xiumin and Sehun’s hands. “Alright boys, Mr ‘I’m-friends-with-the-House-Elves’ and the scaredy-cat Slytherin will form one team. Your pair will take the left direction at the fork in the road up above. Deatheater boy and chubby-cheeks boy… you guys take the right.” Hagrid pulled Chen towards Sehun. The latter clung on to Kyungsoo’s arm desperately, “Can’t deatheater boy and scaredy-cat Slytherin stick together?” Sehun pleaded Hagrid with wide eyes. “NO! Now do as I say… Go on!” Hagrid shoved them into the forest, “I’ll be combing through the back of the forest with Fangs. Shout and alert me only when you guys find something, or if you are dying alright? Wands out!” The four boys gulped and took hesitant steps into the forest.

 

When it was time to separate, Sehun gulped. “If I die, Soo… know that I love you bro. And tell Chanyeol I forgive him for his horrible music taste and that I love him too. Take care of Monster when I’m gone!” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and turned away, with Sehun still shouting out at him. “Remember to feed him daily! Only the finest crickets and mealworms… he hates cockroaches so don’t feed him that! Soo? Are you listening… hellooo? I’m reading you my last will and testament here yoo-hoo!” Kyungsoo heard Chen snapping at Sehun to shut up before he sighed and walked ahead of Xiumin, though the Ravenclaw boy had the lantern. There were many creatures living in the forest, some that even wizards dare not to speak off… he understood why the other boys were afraid of what’s to come. Kyungsoo wasn’t afraid; rather, he was driven by adrenaline and anticipation. He and Xiumin walked further into the forest, gradually losing sight of the worn out path as the only light source came from the dim moonlight overhead and the dying flame in the lantern.

 

The sudden sound of a branch breaking to their left startled them both. Xiumin tripped over his feet in shock, the lantern now lying abandoned on the ground with its flame extinguished. “I’m sorry!” Xiumin squeaked at Kyungsoo. The poor boy looked so frightened that Kyungsoo didn’t dare glower at him. “It’s fine. Keep your wand out.” Kyungsoo warned, eyes sweeping their surrounding carefully. Xiumin assumed his position beside Kyungsoo and stared into the darkness. There was another sharp noise to their right this time. Both boys swiveled to face the sound, only to jump back and dodge the two huge spiders that scuttled through and pass their legs. “What the…” Xiumin murmured frantically. Just then, they realized that the spiders had been running away from something. “Look out!” Kyungsoo yelled and pushed Xiumin out of the way when a cloaked figure in black jumped into the clearing and went straight for the two boys. “Stupefy!” His spell missed and Kyungsoo jumped to his left to avoid the cloaked figure. “Protego!” Kyungsoo just about shielded a Xiumin, who was still struggling to his feet, from the mysterious creature. His offensive spells weren’t hitting the target for some reason and he yelled, “Call the others for help!” Xiumin nodded and sent a flare up in the sky while yelling for Hagrid and Chen. He turned around to help Kyungsoo defend against the other after the SOS call. What the hell is that? I can’t even see its face. Kyungsoo grimaced and sent a stunning spell towards the other again.

 

They could hear Fang’s barking as well as Hagrid’s shouts. The cloaked figure knocked Xiumin to the ground but before he could go at the boy a second time, Kyungsoo set the other’s cloak on fire. “Incendio!” The creature screeched when his entire body went up in flames. “Kyungsoo! Xiumin!” Hagrid’s worried voice carried into the clearing. Sensing that his time was up, the creature turned and fled the scene. Kyungsoo pulled Xiumin up onto his feet. “Thanks!” Xiumin was grateful to the Slytherin. If not for him defending Xiumin, the older could have been gravely injured by now. Kyungsoo merely grunted before a heavy weight pounced on him. “Soo! Are you okay? Are you hurt? I saw that fire-y thingy… what the hell was that.” Sehun panted. Beside them, Chen crushed Xiumin into a hug. The action once again brought on a slight blush to the latter’s face. “I’m fine, Chen.” Xiumin whispered. “Are you boys alright? Blimey… what the hell was that? I better tell the Headmistress. Come on…  let’s go back to the castle. You guys did a great job fighting him. Go rest!” Hagrid ushered the four back to the castle.

 

Before the four boys separated to their respective dorms, Xiumin grabbed onto Kyungsoo’s arm just when the latter was about to walk down to the dungeons with Sehun. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows at the two Ravenclaw boys. “I just wanted to say thank you once again. If not for you, I wouldn’t have made it out there.” Xiumin smiled down at him. Kyungsoo blinked before inclining his head slightly and walking away silently. “What the hell was that Minnie?” Chen poked the boy’s cheek. “You do know that was Do Kyungsoo right?” Xiumin sighed, “Yes. He’s not like what you and the others think. He pushed me out of harm’s way and defended me, Chen! That’s not something a death

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter