He From The Future

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen remembered the face that glared back at him; the face of the cloaked figure brought goosebumps to his arms and legs. More importantly, he had questions that he simply did not have the answer to… but he was determined to find out why that person had returned to try and kill Kyungsoo. “I need to check up on something first…” Chen said and leapt from the bed in the infirmary, the one he was ushered to though he sustained no physical injuries, and sped towards the library. The other boys crowded around Kyungsoo’s bed stared after him with plenty of their own questions, but they knew they had to wait for the Ravenclaw to get back to get the answers their minds so readily sought for. Xiumin looked torn between running after Chen, and staying with the others, who were waiting for Kyungsoo to wake up from the effects of his stunning spell. The man chose the former option and sped after Chen once a low grunt and several drawn-out groans signaled the Slytherin boy’s revival from the unconscious realm.

 

“Soo!” Kai’s head whipped up from where it laid previously on the bed beside Kyungsoo’s hand. Baekhyun was also came forward to fuss about his brother. Kyungsoo stared at all the boys silently before his eyes met his boyfriend’s warm worried orbs. Kai’s eyes were red around the rims and his face looked slightly puffy from all the worried crying he had done. Kyungsoo reached out to hold the other’s hand; he hated the thought of Kai crying himself sick because of him, and he wanted to reassure Kai of his wellbeing in a way. “W-What happened?” Kyungsoo croaked out. Kai caressed his cheek, “You got stunned. Chen saw who it was but he ran off to the library to check something… that’s what he said.” Chen saw who it was? Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow. “You were freefalling from such a great height… gave us quite the shock, Kyungie.” Baekhyun patted his head. Luhan scoffed, “Baekhyun screamed like a banshee and almost fainted himself, when he saw you falling… my ears nearly fell off.” Baekhyun turned to glare at his best friend, but Sehun stood in front of the other protectively and growled at Baekhyun. Oh right… the overprotective medieval knight boyfriend of her royal highness. Chanyeol cleared his throat and stood beside Baekhyun, causing the latter to blush red. Seems like I have my own overprotective giant as well… He smiled shyly at Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo, who had witnessed this little exchange, narrowed his eyes at his brother. “Baekie, are you and Chanyeol…” He made a small little gesture. Together? The other boys, who didn’t know that the two had gotten together, turned to stare at them in shock. Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically, “Baekhyun’s mine now, so you es better learn to back off from my bae.” Everyone stared gobsmacked, as Chanyeol cocked his hips and did the diva-ish z snap. Kris, who understood the whole dramatics, simply slapped a palm over his face and sighed. The rest just had on masks of confusion… either they were still deciphering what the hell a bae was considering they had close to zero internet slang knowledge; or they were simply still stunned by the newborn couple. Kyungsoo’s eye twitched as he glared holes into Chanyeol, the giant was visibly gulping at the dark aura emitting from his body. Kyungsoo was as overprotective over Baekhyun, as the latter was to the former… i.e. extremely protective. “If you make Baekie cry, or if you fail to protect him, even if he loses ONE hair on his head… I will come for you.” He growled. Everyone sniggered at the discomfort and unease on Chanyeol’s face as he hurried to nod and assure Kyungsoo that he will protect Baekhyun till the last hair.

 

“Oww!” Baekhyun grabbed onto his head full of brown locks. Kai grinned sheepishly whilst holding up a single strand of his fellow Gryffindor’s hair. “Chanyeol didn’t keep his promise, BabySoo.” He pointed an accusing finger at the giant before reporting to his boyfriend. Chanyeol gulped and hid behind Baekhyun’s smaller body as Kyungsoo’s face rapidly darken. “That’s a one-off. I wasn’t prepared then… but I am now! No more hair shall be lost from your beautiful brother’s head.” Chanyeol declared and whimpered under Kyungsoo’s death glare. “Oww!” Baekhyun yelped and glared at a now sniggering Sehun, who like Kai, was holding onto a strand of Baekhyun’s hair. Chanyeol stiffened and let out a soft meep. “THAT’S IT YOU MUGGLE HEAD INCOMPETENT PEE BRAIN. THAT’S TWO HAIRS ALREADY… AHHHHH!” Kyungsoo let out a war cry before heaving himself off the bed. The two best friends then proceeded to run circles around the bed, with a worried Kai shuffling after Kyungsoo like a lost puppy.

 

 

 

 

“It can’t be. It can’t be…” Chen muttered to himself as his eyes swept through the small scribbles on the countless books Xiumin had discovered on time-turners and the Phantom Star. “The combining of two souls… I don’t get it. Why would he come back and try to erase Kyungsoo’s half of his soul?” Chen frowned. “Something must have had happened in the future, which triggered him to come back…” He was still poring over the books when Xiumin ran up to him. “You okay, Chen? You should be resting after what happened at the Quidditch field… why did you come to the library?” Xiumin moved closer to look at the materials Chen had spread across the table. “I needed answers.” The Ravenclaw simply said. “So did you find it?” Xiumin asked. Chen groaned and slammed the book shut, “Not really.” Xiumin patted him on the back, “Who did you see, Chen?” The other boy met his concerned eyes and held Xiumin’s hand. “Come on. I think the rest are dying to know too… Let’s go back to the infirmary and I’ll tell you guys.”

 

 

 

 

The second Chen had set foot into the infirmary he was accosted by most of the boys. “Finally, you’re back! Quick tell us who it was that attacked my Soo. Tell me so I can go after him and Confringo his now!” Kai shook his shoulders violently. If only you knew, Kai. Bet you wouldn’t be saying that anymore… Chen ambled over to Kyungsoo, who was wrestling with Chanyeol on the bed. The two hadn’t even looked up at the Ravenclaw’s entrance, they were still caught up in the whole ‘You don’t deserve Baekhyun because you let other people pluck his hair’ saga. The said boy had to go over and separate Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, snapping them out of their little childish fight, before they finally realized that Chen was back. “Chen! The guys told me that you saw who it was that attacked us?” Kyungsoo asked. Chen nodded and stared especially hard at Kyungsoo till the later was squirming under his relentless eyes. Kai, who felt as if Chen was eye- his boyfriend, stood between them and growled. Mine. “Who was it?” Baekhyun barked out from beside his brother.

 

Chen lifted a shaky finger and pointed. “M-Me?” Kai choked on his own saliva. “Ridiculous! Kai was drumming on that offending neon green piece of junk at the game… how can he be the one that attacked you two?” Lay exclaimed. Chen shook his head fervently, “Not you!” Chen sighed and sat down on the bed. “I saw K-Kyungsoo… The enemy is Kyungsoo.” The said boy’s head popped up from behind his boyfriend’s shoulder and gaped at what Chen had just said. “WHAT?! I’m the enemy?”

 

“HOLY! I didn’t know you were suicidal!” Chanyeol screeched. Baekhyun growled and whacked Chanyeol’s head, “It was another Kyungsoo that was trying to kill our Kyungsoo. You fool!” Chanyeol’s lit up, “Oh… There are two of them? I didn’t know you had a twin, Kyungie!” Chanyeol gasped. Everyone frowned as Baekhyun whacked the giant’s head again, “Kyungie doesn’t have a twin, you idiot!” Chen spoke before the other boys had overcome their shock. “At least, he looked like Kyungsoo… somewhat. If we take into consideration time-turners, it is highly likely that who I saw was actually Kyungsoo from the future.” Chen spoke gently, as if he himself wasn’t so sure of what he just suggested. “But why would he want to kill himself?” Sehun frowned. Luhan nodded and voiced his confusion, “Wouldn’t killing the current Kyungsoo mean that future Kyungsoo would also cease to exist?” Several other boys nodded to his question, for they had similar thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter