Chapter 4

Let It Go

"Hi Cookie, here's a treat for you"

 

Young Saeng fed a snack to the dog who was sitting on his lap and gave it a pat while it chewed.

He just had his stitches removed and was waiting for Hae Yeon to finish cleaning up. The week
seemed to had passed slowly for some reason, and he was glad to be finally seeing her again.

 

"Oh you lucky boy Cookie"

"You haven't had dinner, right?"

 

Young Saeng asked as Hae Yeon took a seat beside him and began ruffling her dog's fur. 

 

"No. I was just going to prepare some food when you arrived, would you like to stay for dinner?"

 

Hae Yeon's POV
He must be dining out all the time, It's not good for his health especially when he's still recovering…

 

"Let's head out for a meal"

"But -"

"You've already helped me out so much. And it must have a been tiring day at work. Let's go"

 

He had come with an intention of bringing his saviour out for dinner to express his gratitude,
s
o he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

 

"W-wait… I need to put away the food and give Cookie his dinner..."

 

---

 

"Were you relieved to know that I was a police officer?"

"You're mean. I got scared for a moment that day"

"It was necessary, to get you to start thinking about your own safety"

"But there was no way I could have left you there. You're lucky it was me"

"I wonder..."

"Oh!"

 

The pair were shopping around leisurely after dinner when Hae Yeon stopped suddenly in front
of a camera store and peered through
 the display eagerly, and Young Saeng found himself feeling
delighted at the discovery that they might be sharing a common interest.

 

"Are you an avid photographer too?"

"Yes, but I haven't been putting my camera to use since returning to Seoul"

"Work?"

"Partially. It's more like I don't quite know my way around. This place has changed so much"

"Like a lost puppy?"

"Hey! That's mean! But I did get myself lost and ended up taking a taxi home instead..."

"Well that's a waste. I might be able to show you around some time"

 

Young Saeng's POV
I must be out of my mind… did I just ask her out?
No, it's nothing. This is just a way of showing my gratitude towards her…

 

"Really?!"

"I'll drop you a text when my schedule's free"

 

---

 

"The DNA results are out. And the description given by the victim matches that of the suspect"

"Is it a repeat offender?"

 

Young Saeng asked as Hyung Jun handed a folder to him and he began browsing through the data gathered.

The investigation of the case had been making little progress and he was anxious to solve this before any one else got hurt.

 

"Nam Seo Joon. Convicted of robbery and . He was just released half a year ago"

"Are there any records of his last known locations?"

"I'm looking into that"

"There seems to be a pattern in the places he strikes"

"And it's always on a rainy night so that any sound made would be easily filtered out"

"If our deduction is right, the next likely place he's going to appear at will be here…"

 

.....................................................................................................................................................................

 

hello~ i was so excited after seeing the first comments and intended to post earlier
but my laptop decided to give me some problems :( hope you've had a good week!
will b posting the next chapter soon this weekend (i hope the laptop behaves)

if you're enjoying this story please do leave a comment~ 

love,
joelle