Chapter 2

Let It Go

"Young Saeng Hyung!"

 

A voice rang from behind as Young Saeng was walking down the corridor and he soon felt a pair of
hands wrap around his waist.He winced from the pain on the healing wound and continued to make
his way into the office after shaking Hyung Jun off.

 

"Yah Kim Hyung Jun, how many times have I told you not to do this?"

"What's with the face? Did you injure yourself? What happened to your hand?"

"Keep your voice down… I don't need everyone to know about this"

"Where were you yesterday? Boss was looking for you but your phone was switched off"

"There's no need to report our whereabouts on our day off.
Be quiet, I don't want to be called into his office first thing in the morning"

 

Young Saeng sent Hyung Jun back to his seat as soon as they entered the office and he carefully
popped several painkillers after making sure no one else was watching.

He wasted no time in checking through his mails and began to work on a newly assigned case.
It wasn't long before the phone on his desk rang and he sighed as he headed to the chief's office right after.

 

"Viper was released several days ago"

"I've heard about it"

"You know of how he wants revenge on you for putting him behind bars"

"I'll be careful"

"No solo investigations. And do not wander around alone for the time being while we monitor his moves. Your hand..."

"I scalded it by accident while cooking"

 

There was no way he was going to let the chief know of his run in with the gang that night while
out alone on an unscheduled investigation.

 

"It doesn't look like -"

"If there's nothing else I'd like to return to work on the serial case"

 

---

 

"Are you feeling better already?"

"Yes. Thanks for changing your off day with me on such a short notice the other day"

 

Hae Yeon was having lunch with her colleague Min Jee when her phone began vibrating in her pocket.

 

"Choi Hae Yeon..."

"Kyu oppa!"

"When are you returning my shirt? And you haven't told me what happened except that it was an emergency.
Were you that eager that you tore that guy's clothes?"

"Oppa!! What are you talking about?! You know it isn't that…"

"When are you free for dinner? I haven't given you a lecture for barging into my house late at night and leaving right after"

"I'm on the morning shift this week, so any day is fine i suppose"

"The day after tomorrow then. I'll pick you up after work. Let me know what time you'll be done"

"Ok"

 

It has been almost a month since Hae Yeon returned to Seoul from the States and she hadn't time
for any catching up with friends or family. On the night before however, she had to show up unannounced
at her cousin Kyu Jong's place after tending to an injured person's injuries.

 

Flashback

"Oh my… are you ok?! Mister, are you still awake? Can you hear me?
He's bleeding too much, I need to call for the ambulance"

"Don't…"

"But… Can you still walk? Hey! Wake up!"

---

"Young Saeng-ssi Are you ok? You didn't have to do this… please just rest in bed"

"I'm fine"

"No you're not. Nobody will be fine with those injuries of yours. How did you get into such a bad fight?"

 

End of Flashback

 

Hae Yeon's POV
I should have asked him to come to the hospital, but he doesn't seem to want anyone to
find out about his injuries. I hope he's doing ok… 

 

She couldn't help but worry about Young Saeng, the guy who was losing a lot of blood from a knife wound
when she found him lying behind some bushes near her apartment.

He still seemed rather weak when he left her place the next day.
Whatever his identity was, she couldn't just ignore her duty as a doctor.

She sent a text message to remind him to take his medication and proceeded to return to her office to resume her shift.

 

---

 

"Which one of these is better?"

"When did you get yourself a pet dog?"

 

Hyung Jun asked as Young Saeng browsed through the section of treats in the pet store.

It was rare for his pal to lunch out as he'd usually get a colleague to pack some food back,
and here they were out shopping for some stuff.

 

"It's for a friend"

"A friend? So you finally got yourself a girlfriend? Oh, that explains why you were uncontactable"

"Shut up. You know I've got no time for that"

 

Despite refuting Hyung Jun's assumptions, Young Saeng's thought trailed off to Hae Yeon,
the woman whom he owed his life to.

 

Flashback

"You just picked a stranger off the streets and brought him back.
What if I was a criminal? What if I was part of a mafia?"

"Well at least I did a kind deed before I died? You don't look like one anyway.
There's not a single tattoo on your body"

"My body… you..."

"I'm sorry! I had to clean you and close up that wound so... sorry it came out sounding weird"

---

"Your shirt is torn. Here, you can put this on. The stores were already closed last night so I borrowed 

one from my cousin who lives across the street. I hope it fits"

"Thanks"

"Can you come back again in about two weeks? I need to check if you're healing properly and also
remove the stitches. Give me a call if you're not feeling well"

"You're bold, aren't you?"

"I… I'm going to charge for consultation"

End of Flashback

 

His job as a police officer meant long working hours and on top of it all, a lot of unforeseen danger. 
He didn't want to risk the people around him too, so he kept his distance.

His thoughts were interrupted by a vibration from his phone and a smile formed on his face as he read the message.

 

"How are you feeling? Please avoid any strenuous activity and remember to take your medication. 
Remember to have a balanced meal of lean meat and rice and fruits that are high in vitamin"

 

"I'm doing fine. Thank you"

 

Young Saeng slipped the phone into his pocket and turned around to face a grinning Hyung Jun.
Ignoring his friend, he picked several packets of snacks and headed towards the cashier.

 

"So the doctor who saved you was a woman. That was such a cold reply.
You could have added that you're missing her"

"We're heading to the hospital for investigations after this"

"How does she look like? Does she happen to work at the hospital we're visiting?"

"Get ready to leave as soon as we've dropped our stuff the office"

 

.................................................................................................................................................................

 

a/n: hope it hasn't been boring so far :)