Chapter 3

Let It Go

"Are you able to recall the face of the assailant? Is there any distinctive feature,
l
ike a scar or mole, or anything that can help in identifying him?"

 

"H-he… I d-don't know... I don't know..."

 

The victim tightened her clutch on the pillow as Young Saeng questioned her, and he sighed mentally
as he noticed the tears forming in her eyes. Though he had anticipated that it might be a fruitless trip,
he couldn't help but feel demotivated at the pace the investigation was going.
He had to get the case solved before any one else got hurt again.

 

"Don't worry, please don't force yourself any more.
But if you do remember anything, please do give us a call immediately"

 

As she was still traumatized and cautious about the people around, he placed a name card on the side table
to avoid agitating her any further. He soon left the ward together with Hyung Jun after a nurse returned to
tend to the woman.

 

"Looks like it'll take a while before we can get any more information. Are the DNA results out?"

"No. But it should be ready in a few days. Shall we take a break?"

"If there's nothing else let's leave"

"You still haven't gotten over it, have you?"

 

Hyung Jun threw the question he had been wanting to ask at Young Saeng, who looked as calm as usual.
But he knew that wasn't the case.
His friend had just learnt the art of keeping his emotions well hidden over the years.

If it wasn't for work, he wouldn't be any where near a place which held painful memories.

 

"Let's go"

"Hyung, look, that doctor is cute"

 

Young Saeng's vision shifted toward the direction Hyung Jun was pointing towards and
he smiled upon seeing the familiar figure's interaction with a child.

Decked in a baby pink shirt and black skirt together with a doctor's coat, she was a picture of perfection.

 

"Young Saeng-ssi!"

"So you know her..."

 

Hyung Jun mumbled as the doctor walked towards them after spotting Young Saeng. 
And he didn't need any introduction as to who she was, from the way he was giving his rare smile.

 

"Hae Yeon-ssi, annyeonghasaeyo"

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"No. I'm here for work with my colleague"

 

Young Saeng's POV
The look on her face… I really wonder what kind of person she thinks I am...

 

"Hi, I'm Hyung Jun. Thank you. You're the doctor who saved my Hyung, right?"

"Work? Hi, I'm Hae Yeon. Nice to meet you. Please don't mention it, I just did what any doctor should do"

 

The mystery as to who Young Saeng really was finally revealed as Hae Yeon spotted
an identification card clipped onto the pocket of his shirt.

 

"Since you're already here, do you have a bit of time to spare… Captain Heo?"

 

---

 

"Does it still hurt?"

 

Hae Yeon asked when she noticed Young Saeng flinching slightly as she disinfected the wound
before changing the bandages. He was healing a little slower than expected, but it wouldn't be
much of a problem if he had more rest and continued with the medication and supplements.

 

"It's bearable"

"Your job must be tough. Please try to avoid any vigorous activity and rest well, if it's possible"

"Thanks. About the follow up, can I drop by this Sunday night?"

"Sure, I'm on the morning shift. You should have healed well enough to have the stitches removed"

"Ok. See you then"

 

Young Saeng opened the door and immediately felt a weight fall onto him.
He swiftly pushed Hyung Jun away and began making his way towards the lift.

 

"Captain Heo! What's on this Sunday?"

"One more word from you and you're gonna get it"

"…"

 

---

 

"It has been so long since we last came out like this"

 

Hae Yeon said as she clung onto Kyu Jong's hand while they strolled along the park after dinner.

Their last proper meeting was several years ago when her cousin flew over to the States for a holiday,
and they have only kept in touch by texting and occasional calls ever since then.

 

"You know that by doing this you're ruining any chance of getting to know a potential partner"

"Not that I'd stand any chance in a place like this. Look at all the couples around..."

"Get yourself a boyfriend soon so I can stop worrying about you"

"Back at you Oppa. Why don't you get yourself a girlfriend?"

"You… don't you have any thing exciting to update me about apart from your work?"

"You're even more eager than my own parents. Why don't you introduce me to your friends?"

"That's something different… you used to object so strongly to it..."

 

Kyu Jong laughed as Hae Yeon gave him a mischievous grin and decided to play with her for a bit.
He took his phone out and began scrolling through the contact list.

 

"Let's see… the horse and turtle is out"

"You mean you named your friends as animals? The poor friends..."

"The otter is probably still engrossed in his work, but there's no harm trying…"

"Oppa no!"

 

Just as expected, his cousin attempted to stop him from dialing and he smirked upon seeing her panicked expression.

 

"Didn't you want me to introduce my friends?"

"Maybe not now"

"Is there already someone you're interested in?"

"Not really, I just don't quite have the time especially when I've just started working"

"Excuses. I'll bring the otter along the next time we meet"

"Make sure it's a day with nice weather if we're visiting the zoo"

"This girl…"

 

.................................................................................................................................................................

a/n: hello, i really hope there're people around T_T
just a question: i have another romance planned for this story.
who would you like to see more of? kyu jong? hyungjun? jungmin? hyunjoong?
or would you prefer to see just captain heo? keke
please do leave a comment to let me know & feel free to throw in your requests if there's any :)

love,
joelle