Chapter 19

Let It Go

"Are you ok?!"

 

Young Saeng ran up to Hae Yeon the moment he caught sight of her at the police station.
Examining her closely, he frowned as he noticed noticed some scratches and a cut on her neck
and began leading her towards his office. 

 

"How could they bring you over without checking on your injuries first? We're getting those treated"

"It's nothing much… I'm really fine. Hyun Joong-ssi is still being interviewed in the room"

"Let's go"

 

He brought a first aid box over after making Hae Yeon sit on the sofa and began disinfecting the wound carefully.

 

"Oww…"

"And you said it was nothing"

"I didn't notice there was a cut…"

"Just bear with it for a bit. What happened? How did you get caught when there are people around?"

 

Young Saeng caught hold of her hand which was trying to push him away and placed a plaster over the wound.

He was taken by surprise when he received a call from Hyun Joong who told him about what happened at the hospital.
And he rushed down to the station immediately after that.

 

"…"

"Hae Yeon ah…"

"I was rushing to get to a patient so I took the stairs"

"Why did you do so at this hour? You should have been more careful"

"Sorry…"

"No, I'm sorry. I underestimated them"

 

Young Saeng's POV
This wouldn't have happened if I had warned her to be more careful…
I won't take any more risks…

 

"Huh?"

"You were right about being watched, but I didn't want you to be afraid even at work.

That's why I didn't want to raise the alarm and told Hyun Joong to keep a lookout for you instead"

"So that's why he was there…"

 

Flashback

"Hyun Joong-ssi, thank you for coming for me. But how did you know about this?"

"The nurses were looking for you urgently and one of the doctors said that he saw you going to take the stairs"

"Oh…"

End of Flashback

 

"I've to really thank Hyun Joong for this. And I'll put in a request for additional security at the hospital"

"Oppa, I know there are a lot of things you can't tell me about your work. But are things really ok for you?"

 

Young Saeng let out a sigh upon hearing Hae Yeon's concern and enveloped her into a hug.

 

"It'll all be over soon. I'm sorry for putting you through all these"

 

---

 

"Do you think she'll like this?"

"Why did you even bother to ask me to come along?"

 

Her cousin had asked for her help to pick a present for Ye Won's birthday, and Hae Yeon grumbled after
Kyu Jong asked the same question again while they were queuing to make payment.

 

"Sorry to take up your precious off day which could have been spent with your boyfriend"

"It's ok, Saengie has some work to clear so he returned to the station.
I made him breakfast to make up for it"

"That hyung… has he been bullying you?

"No, I'm the one who gets him worrying"

"Has the case been settled?"

"Yes, they caught the person who broke into my place too.
There's increased security at the hospital so everything's ok. But he's still as busy as ever"

 

It has been several months after her near encounter with being kidnapped and everything seemed
to have calmed down after the arrests.

Young Saeng was still as busy with work however, but it helped that they were living close so they
could easily drop by each other's place.

 

"You know, you don't always have to be so accommodating.
You can remind him if he gets too absorbed in work"

"It's ok, don't worry about me. Anyway, I heard you finally got back together with Ye Won"

"Yeah, it took me a while to regain her trust. But everything's ok now"

 

The couple got to know each other when Kyu Jong visited Hae Yeon in the States and got together not long after.
They broke up in the end due to a misunderstanding. 
The distance had a part to play too, but she could tell that they never got over each other.

 

"I'm really glad you guys made up"

 

---

 

"We've got something in!"

 

Young Saeng grabbed his notebook and began jotting the details as Hyung Jun flashed the text
that he had just received on his mobile.

 

"Is this reliable?"

"Yes, one of the men we've planted have managed to get into Viper's good books and is working
very closely with him"

"Send some people to check out the warehouse and map out all possible escape routes"

"Got it"

 

He wasted no time and began working on his plan after giving instructions to his team.

After months of investigating without much progress, the team was finally back on track again with
the latest lead. 
If this operation was a success, he'd be able to put Viper back behind bars again.

More importantly, it'll put an official end to the months of events that endangered Hae Yeon.

 

"We'll do it…"

 

...............................................................................................................................................................

here's a short and not so eventful chapter. the next update will make up for it, i promise ;)
i'd also like to thank all of you pretties liliano_gh20, Shirass501, seamusmommy, AnjelMano, ping501
for always leaving me lovely comments. it really helps to keep me going :D
silent readers, hope you'll drop a comment once in a while too ^^