Chapter 16

Let It Go

"I heard someone carried a woman, princess style out of the station"

 

Hyung Jun teased as Young Saeng sat down at his desk, only to get a folder thrown at him seconds later.

 

"Find out the details of their next major operation"

"Hyung, are you sure you're gonna go heads on with him?"

"We'll be meeting Hae Yeon and Kyu Jong the day after tomorrow. They'll be viewing several apartments"

"What?"

"We are going to be in charge of her security until Viper and his accomplices get caught"

"Are you sure about this?"

"This is our only way. He won't stop"

 

Young Saeng took a brief moment to clear his head of all negative thoughts and began reading the new documents
which were just handed to him.

 

He had managed to convince the management to allow him to be in charge of Hae Yeon's security while the case
was being investigated. With him being the main target that Viper was after, he was sure it wouldn't be long before
the man makes his next move if he noticed their increased meetings.

And of course there was the thought of another guy hanging out with Hae Yeon that irked him, so there was no way
he was going to allow it to happen.

 

---

 

"Isn't this the building you're living at?"

 

Kyu Jong asked as Young Saeng drove the car into a familiar looking apartment complex.

After a whole afternoon of viewing, they were finally coming to the last unit which Young Saeng had suggested.

 

"Yeah. There happened to be an empty unit so I contacted the realtor"

"No way!"

"You haven't even seen the place. Security is good, and the location is quite convenient"

 

Sensing what Young Saeng had in mind, Hyung Jun chuckled as he saw Kyu Jong's overprotective instinct acting up.
But he decided to add on anyway since he was rooting for the pair to get together.

 

"It won't be good to live in the same area since they already know where she's staying, and your place is just across the road"

"…"

 

Hae Yeon was drawn towards the view of the scenery from the full length windows in front of her as soon
as they stepped into the apartment.

 

"Oppa! I think I like this place the best. Look, the view is so beautiful!"

"It's just a river and park. Let's take a look at the rest of the house before deciding"

 

It was fun watching the cousins interact, and Hyung Jun smiled as he saw Kyu Jong's sulky expression,
giving Young Saeng a thumbs up sign when their gaze met.

Hae Yeon, who had fallen asleep during the journey, didn't seem to have noticed what was going on.

 

"Ye Won ah? What's up? Tonight? But I -"

"Yah… you're ditching me for my cousin already? Dinner tonight?
You need to buy what?! No I have an appointment, but Kyu oppa will be there"

"Choi Hae Yeon! You…"

 

Kyu Jong sighed as his cousin returned the phone she had taken from him with a smile.

 

"You were about to tell her you're busy, right? Do yourself a favor, don't let her go again"

"Yah… It's not the right time to be thinking about this now"

"Because of what's going on? Don't worry about me. Both Young Saeng-ssi and Hyung Jun-ssi will be with me any way"

"Are you done with the formalities? We're going to be seeing each other everyday for a while,
just speak with us the way you do with Kyu"

"De, Hyung Jun oppa…"

"That's a good girl. But Oppa has something on tonight. Enjoy your "appointment" with Young Saeng oppa"

"What?!"

"He's with me. We're on duty"

 

---

 

"Do you want to go in?"

 

Young Saeng asked as Hae Yeon stopped in front of a book store briefly and began walking again.

 

There was still a certain air of awkwardness between them, being alone together like this.

Hyung Jun had excused himself after the viewing, but he knew that he had deliberately done so to let him
spend some time with her alone.

 

"No, It's getting late. I shouldn't hold you up for too long"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your duty ends once I'm back at home right?"

"Silly… let's go"

 

He patted Hae Yeon lightly on the head and pushed her towards the entrance of the store after realizing her concern.

 

Young Saeng's POV
She really thinks I'm just doing my job… 
What am I supposed to do with her now?

 

After glancing around the relatively empty store, Young Saeng soon found himself observing Hae Yeon as
she skimmed through several books.

The way she tucked her hair behind her ear, the corners of her lips that curled into a smile; it turned a little
awkward however when Hae Yeon turned around suddenly, catching him off guard.

 

"Do you read a lot?"

"Not since I started working. But I do have a few days off now so it's a good time.
It's kind of boring being cooped up at home"

"Sorry, I got you into this"

"Oh, no that's not what I meant!"

"Do you want to catch a movie after this?"

"Huh? Are you sure it's ok?"

"Hae Yeon ah!"

 

Their conversation was interrupted by a man who had suddenly stopped beside them.

Though slightly irritated, Young Saeng could only watch as the man held onto Hae Yeon's hands while they spoke.

 

"Jae Jun-ssi?"

"Are you alright? I heard you had to take a few days off because of something that happened at home"

"I'm fine, don't worry"

"Is this your…"

"Heo Young Saeng. You must be Hae Yeon's colleague. Thanks for looking after her"

"Ahh… is this why you've refused to go out with me? You should have told me earlier"

"That's n-"

"I'm sorry, we need to make a move"

"Sure, I'll see you back at work Hae Yeon"

 

Upon realizing what was happening, Young Saeng was quick to cut her off and whisked her away from the colleague.

After paying for the books she was looking at, it was only when they were back on his car when Hae Yeon finally spoke up.

 

"Are we being followed?"

"…"

"Is it really ok for me to be out here?"

"No, it's not that…"

 

---

 

Hae Yeon followed Young Saeng closely as they made an unexpected stop by the river along the way home.

Despite the assurance that they weren't being followed, she still felt a little anxious.

It didn't help that he was silent throughout the journey, and right now he seemed to be deep in thought as
he stood by the railings and stared into the night sky.

 

"Hae Yeon ah…"

"Y-yes?"

"Do you remember when I told you to forget about what I said the other night?"

 

Young Saeng's gaze was still fixated on the sky as he spoke, making it hard for her to figure out
what expression he had on.

Even though she had made up her mind to put her feelings aside after that night, she wasn't ready
to face another outright rejection.

 

Hae Yeon's POV
I don't know what you're talking about.
After everything that has happened, what do you want me to forget?
That you mentioned that I was a very important friend?
That I'm just a sister to you? No it can't be…

 

"I know, I'm like a little sister. You don't have to worry about it"

"…"

"It's getting a little late… I should get going…"

 

With tears threatening to fall, Hae Yeon was about to run off when she was suddenly held back by
Young Saeng pulling her into a hug.

 

"Please don't go…"

"…"

"I meant it when I said you're very important to me. I've been pushing you away because I thought it
was the best way to keep you out of harm, but I was so wrong about it. 

I know it's very selfish of me to be saying this… I don't want to let you go any more"

"…"

 

After finally making his feelings known, Young Saeng loosened his grip on Hae Yeon and looked at her anxiously.

She seemed to still be in a daze over his sudden confession, but he knew that it was his fault that she was feeling this way.

 

It was only during the past few days that he finally understood what she was going through; 
when she began misinterpreting all his actions for being part of his responsibility as an officer and kept her distance.

 

And he really lost it back then when he realized that he had a potential competitor who was acting too close.

 

"Say something… I just confessed to you…"

 

Young Saeng's POV
Even though this wasn't exactly how I intended to do it…
Why does she look so troubled? Have my actions really made her change her mind?

 

"Is this real?"

 

Young Saeng smiled at the unexpected response and placed a hand on her cheek, gently tracing the contours of her face.
Sensing her nervousness as she lowered her eyes, he leaned forward and began kissing her slowly.

 

"Does this seem real to you now?"

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................

he finally did it ♥♥♥ 
keke~ thank u all for still being around :) 
and i felt an even stronger need to post sooner especially after seeing new reader comments ♥ 
have a good week ahead everyone!

love,
joelle