Chapter 18

Let It Go

"So you're now living together… I'm glad you've finally worked things out!"

"No! He stays 5 levels above me"

"It's as good as living together. You should have just moved in with him instead"

"There's no need to! He's already living so close"

 

Hae Yeon laughed lightly at Ye Won's suggestion.
She liked the way things are going and there was nothing else she'd ask for now.

Thanks to the help from the guys, her new apartment was refurbished swiftly and ready to live in.
There was just some unpacking left to do now that everything was in place.
And her best friend had kindly dropped by to help with it.

 

"How are things with Kyu oppa?"

"Nothing much has happened"

"It can't be…"

"We're just seeing each other as friends"

"At least that's a start. You know I'll always be rooting for the both of you!"

 

---

 

"Come down to the car park in 15 minutes"

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"See you"

 

Young Saeng hung up the phone before Hae Yeon could ask any more questions and smiled as he looked at his watch.
It was her day off and he managed to knock off earlier after finishing his work on hand.
Even though they had been seeing each other every day, they hadn't been on a proper date due to their busy schedules.

 

"13 minutes. Not too bad. Get on"

"What?"

"We're going out"

 

Young Saeng's POV
The look on her face… I could pinch her cheeks right now if she was sitting beside me

 

"Didn't you have to work late today? Did you sneak out?"

"Yah… I worked extra hard to get off early today so that we can go on a date"

"Date? I thought you were just gonna drop something off.
Ah… I'd have worn something nicer if you told me… and my make up…"

"I love you the way you are"

"You… should have just told me"

 

He chuckled as his girlfriend went from being panicky to being embarrassed within seconds,
and he could tell that her cheeks were flushed even though she turned to look out of the window.

 

"Aren't you curious about where we're going?"

"I'll know once we get there, right?"

 

Hae Yeon's POV
It's already so sweet of him to have done so much just for us to spend time together...

 

"Let's finish off what we were supposed to do"

"What were we doing?"

"We were going to watch a movie"

 

Flashback

"Do you want to catch a movie after this?"

"Huh? Are you sure it's ok?"

"Hae Yeon ah!"

End of Flashback

 

"Oh… we met Jae Jun-ssi at the bookstore and left soon after that"

"Yeah"

"Were you jealous?"

"Do you prefer popcorn or nachos?"

 

In a desperate bid to dodge the topic, Young Saeng asked the random question to divert her attention.
He soon admitted defeat however, after catching sight of Hae Yeon's elated smile through the wing mirror.

 

"Stop grinning like this!"

 

---

 

"I'll pick you up later in the morning"

"See you lat - Oppa! We're at the hospital"

 

Flustered by Young Saeng's sudden peck on her cheek, Hae Yeon released their entwined fingers and
put a distance between themselves. 
She quickly stepped into the elevator that had just arrived and waved
to him just as the doors closed.

 

"Good evening!"

 

Hae Yeon greeted her colleagues as she passed by them along the corridor while making her way to check on a patient.
She stopped briefly in her tracks after walking past a man dressed in a hoodie, but headed into the ward soon after.

 

Hae Yeon's POV
It's just a visitor... You're just being paranoid.
It's safe here in the hospital.

 

"Hae Yeon-ssi, you're also on the night shift this week?"

"Oh, Hyun Joong-ssi…"

"Is there anything wrong?"

"Huh? No, I was just thinking about something"

"Feel free to come to me if there's anything you need help with"

"Thanks"

 

She proceeded to tend to her patient and was about to make her way out when her colleague Min Jee pulled her to a corner.

 

"Hae Yeon ah… when did you get to know him so well?"

"Huh?"

"Dr. Kim. You were calling each other by names"

"Oh… he's a friend of my boyfriend"

 

Ever since joining the hospital, Hyun Joong has been the talk of the place due to his superb skills and good looks. 
So it wasn't surprising that her colleague was interested in him.

 

"Your boyfriend? So that's why you've been looking happier recently…"

"Is that so? I don't know…"

"It's a good thing. Please introduce me to Dr. Kim next time"

"I'm not sure if he has a girlfriend though, but I'll do so when there's a chance"

"Thank you!"

 

After receiving a call for assistance, Hae Yeon decided to take the stairs instead to the level below.
For some reason she regretted her decision immediately however, as the door to the stairwell was opened
again soon after she entered. 
Quickening her pace by instinct without looking back, she had barely made it
to the second flight of stairs when she was being grabbed by force.

 

"Let go of me!"

"Keep quiet and come with me if you still want your life"

 

With a hand over and a knife held near her neck, she had no choice but to do as told and began
making her way down the stairs with the captor. 
She heaved a silent sigh of relief when she realized that this
particular stairwell wasn't connected to the car park upon reaching the lowest floor.

 

"This damn place! Yah… you'd better do as I say or you'll be sorry. Got it?"

"Y-yes"

"Remove your coat and tag. Walk closely in front of me once we get out there.
And don't you dare try to be funny, understand?"

"Ok…"

 

Catching a glimpse of her captor for the first time after he released her, she realized that her earlier
suspicion about the man in hoodie was right - the same person was now holding her hostage.

Doing as she was told, she removed her doctor's coat and dropped it onto the floor.
Once they were out of the door, it would be the reception area where there are security guards on patrol.

That would be her best chance to escape.

 

"Change of plan. You'd be better within my reach"

 

As if sensing her plan, the man wrapped his hands over Hae Yeon's waist the moment they stepped out. 
With him holding on to her this tight, her chance of getting away was decreased.

After failing to get the security guard's attention as she walked past, she was about to attempt to free
herself when a voice sounded from behind.

 

"Young Saeng won't be too happy about this"

"Hyun Joong-ssi!"

 

The man's grip on Hae Yeon was loosened as he tried to block Hyun Joong's blows, and she took the chance
to run towards the security guards.

With Hyun Joong and the guards wrestling him, her captor was handcuffed and taken away in no time. 

Her legs went weak suddenly as a sense of relief filled her, but she was quickly being held up by someone.

 

"Thank you… Hyun Joong-ssi"

 

..........................................................................................................................................................................

i mentioned earlier that there'll be another romance, which was meant to be Kyu's. but i decided i won't be
touching on that now because i don't wanna lose my focus, sorry about that if you've looked forward to it ><
meanwhile i'll work harder on the rest of the plot for this story, thanks for being around :)