Chapter 12

Let It Go

"You're starving yourself again?"

 

Hae Yeon looked up from her paperwork to find her colleague looking at her with his arms crossed.

 

"Jae Jun-ssi…"

"Who's going to care for your patients if you fall sick? I'm not gonna make extra rounds on your behalf"

"I'm not feeling very hungry. There's just so much work I need to clear"

"You won't be able to finish it anyway. Let's go"

 

Without giving her an option, Jae Jun pulled Hae Yeon off her seat and brought her to a cafe just around
the hospital. There weren't many people around in the quaint little cafe, and it was only then that Hae Yeon
noticed that it was already almost past dinner time. 
Their food was served promptly and she felt much better
after a good meal.

 

"I never knew such a nice place existed"

"Of course you wouldn't know. All you've been doing is to tend to your patients or stare at your paperwork"

"That's not true"

"You seem to check your phone quite often too. Have you been thinking about someone else?"

"Yah… are you a stalker or something? What are you talking about?!"

"That's more like my Hae Yeon! I'm glad there's no other competitor. When will you go out with me?"

"Stop playing around!"

"How many times must I repeat myself… I'm really serious about you.
Why won't you go out with me? Even if it's just once?"

 

Taken aback by the sudden confession, Hae Yeon shifted her line of sight onto the piece of cake
she was eating as she pondered over how to respond.

 

Jae Jun had joined the hospital around the same time as her, and he had been taking good care
of her since then. She never took his words to heart as he was constantly teasing her and joking
around, but it seemed like he was really serious this time.

 

"I'm sorry. I need some time to think about this..."

 

---

 

"This is for you"

 

It was late at night when Young Saeng arrived at Kyu Jong's place after work.

The very first thing Kyu Jong did was to hand him a bag which contained several bottles
of supplements, and he didn't need to be told whom it was from.

 

"The cream is for your hand, it'll help to heal the scars"

"How is she?"

"Keeping herself busy with work as usual. Hyung, just what is going on?"

 

Even though he knew that it was something he shouldn't intervene with,
Kyu Jong just had to ask the question that had been bothering him.

 

"Kyu Jong ah, these are what I get from work…and this… "

 

Young Saeng lifted his shirt to reveal the scars on his body, and then pointed to
his healing hand as he began speaking carefully.

 

"Those are ruthless criminals I'm dealing with… they'll do anything to get back at me"

 

He had spent several days thinking about how to clear things up with Kyu Jong as he
felt that he owed him an explanation, but he wasn't able to disclose too much details.
So he figured the best way was to show him what he meant.

 

"Even to the people around you?"

"There's a possibility. I just can't take the risk"

"What should I do with that silly girl…"

"After I'm done with the case, if she still hasn't changed her mind by then…"

"I still can't believe all these happened even before I introduced you guys.
Actually, why wouldn't you do something else instead of putting your life on the line?"

"I won't quit until that man gets his punishment"

 

---

 

"Hae Yeonnie!"

 

Hae Yeon was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar figure waving over the intercom,
and she greeted her best friend with a hug as soon as she opened the door.

 

"Ye Won ah... so you finally decided to come back. When did you return?"

"Earlier this week. Did you miss me? Have you been eating at all? You've lost weight..."

"I was just preparing dinner"

"Forget about it! Let's head out!"

 

Hae Yeon was forced to grab her belongings and out of the house before she knew it,
but she was glad Ye Won was back for good. It meant she'd finally have someone to do
girly things with on her off days.

And she was sure Kyu Jong would be really happy to know about it.

 

"What have you been up to? Please don't tell me you've been working your youth away..."

"It's not like I have any thing else to do"

"We need to get you a man. Let's have some fun later"

"I'll give it a miss. I'm on the morning shift tomorrow"

"Why are you behaving like some old woman..."

"Yah... I have a responsibility towards my patients. By the way, have you contacted Kyu Oppa?"

"Let's talk about this later. Come on!"

 

........................................................................................................................................................

here's another chapter to make up~ have a great week everyone!