A world different than mine

You Are The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon's POV:-

In the next few days, being with Yoona's group, I realized that everything among them was a competition. Weather to have a costly phone, more cars or maids or their parents monthly income. All that matters to them was money and bullying the weak, and among then Yoona was the winner. Yoona was like Barbie doll I could never have. She had everything including good looks but she wanted more, she controlled everyone around her and her own friends were no exception. Within these days I also started getting more attention from others which I liked a lot, my other classmates also started talking with me and so did my juniors. I was also accepted in Yoona's group but sometimes their sarcastic comments made me uneasy sometimes. But no matter what happens, I wasn't going to run away and hide in a corner anymore. I was learning how to face the situation instead. You have to be like them if you wanna be with them and I didn't had any problem following that and playing along.

Luckily, Baekhyun started talking with me again, though we weren't in good terms or close like before yet, sometimes he flashes a smile when we meet each other in the corridor or we get to have a very little conversation during lunch and I was quite happy with that. At least its something better than nothing. The only person I didn't get to see much these days was Jong-In. He was busy with his soccer practice and we just met at home sometimes.

It was just like any other day when I was with Yoona's group, having lunch in the cafeteria. Beakhyun and Seohyun wasn't present there. As usual their conversation changed track and came to the same topic about the costly stuffs they owned. I didn't pay much attention, more I didn't wanted to, but then a sudden derisive question from Sunny drag me into it.

''Your mother works in a farm right Hyoyeon?'' she asked.

''Yes'' I gave a short reply.

''How much she earn? Isn't it disgusting to work in a farm?'' Sehun asked.

''She hardly earns anything. How much do you think you'll get by selling eggs and milk, no wonder she is on scholarship here'' Chanyeol commented rudely. I kept quite.

''Poor you, if you want then my dad can give a job to your mother in one of his company, its so shameful to say people that your mother works in a farm'' Sehun chuckled.

I can tolerate anything when it comes to me, I didn't bothered if they mock me or insult me but I wouldn't possibly tolerate any insult done to my mother. My mother worked really hard so that I could have a better education and we always had financial problem. I don't care if she sells eggs or works in a multinational company, I just want her to support her and keep her happy. She loves me and cares for me and that's matters to me the most. I tried to be calm, inspite their inflammatory questions and comments.

''You're lucky to get a chance in a school like SM'' Lay said.

''Yeah, she i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter